You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2011-11-19] Bayern Munich vs Borussia Dortmund

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

Result?

Poll ended at Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:25 pm

Bayern Win
88%
Draw
12%
Dortmund Win
No votes

Total votes : 17

Re: [2011-11-19] Bayern Munich vs Borussia Dortmund

Postby quaazi » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:49 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:
They have won 3 consecutive games against Bayern for the first time in German football history. Twice at Allianz. They are in the next round of the DFB Pokal (a lot of big teams are out), they are only two points behind us in the table after kicking our ass in Allianz Arena and they are doing bad in CL, but they still have their chances. They have outplayed Arsenal and every other team in their group but the lack of experienced players is making them look not so good

You just can't say they are a one year wonder. Which was the last team that won 2 consecutives games @ Allianz Arena? And I'm not talking about Bayern or 1860 Munich

Dortmund is utterly and completely a gimmick team. Press high, counter fast. We've seen that we have problems playing against this style of football, against Gladbach, Hannover and Napoli. Same old same old. The thing is that we are the only team against whom Dortmund can rely on their gimmick. Teams that are weaker than them close up shop, and then they panic and the end result is completely random.

If we can fix our arrogant "Bundesliga is our backyard and we can play how we want" attitude, we'll take them down easily. Close up shop on them instead! Look for a counter against them! Their team of 21 year olds will panic after 60 minutes, then open the floodgates. Right now Heynckes went for the whole shebang, and his risk didn't play off. Playing Robben was perhaps the best example of it. Sure, if we had Schweini, we could simply force our will on them, but without him... I'm not blaming Jupp for what happened, he just took a risk and it didn't pay off. Had we had the little nudge of luck today, it could've been 4-0 for us just as well.

This is also a reason why Dortmund are playing so poorly in Europe, methinks. European football is generally a lot more conservative and this upsets their natural balance. Reactive football is forced to become proactive football and the result ain't pretty.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby lau03143 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:44 pm

Manager says a draw would have been fair... He was watching a different game. Dortmund deserved their 3pts
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby mdm90 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:38 pm

Definitely think those people who are questioning Gomez and Ribery's position/pay in the team need to pull their head in. Both of them have been in world-beating form for quite a while now, and have contributed their fair share of goals and assists (who am i kidding, they have given more than 99.99% of players in the EPL, LL, Bundesliga, Serie A and CL).

Beaten today, back to the drawing board for next time against Dortmund, when we will hopefully have Sweini back running the show. Until then, it is good Robben was at least able to take to the pitch, we are still 2 points ahead, the team should be doing their best this week to seal a CL Group of 16 spot and keep that 2 point margin at least.
mdm90
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby ballackfcb » Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:19 am

lau03143 wrote:Manager says a draw would have been fair... He was watching a different game. Dortmund deserved their 3pts

What game were you watching :?

The scum were rubbish so were bayern so a draw was fair. I f the ref had given the clear pen on Gomez then bayern would have won.

PS. Gotze is an average player and Ballack is better despite being double his age.

Hoeness must sign Ballack in summer on free agent and in January sign a defender like Alex.

If Bayern had Ballack today then they would have not lost this match
ballackfcb
2013/14 Prediction Game Winner
2013/14 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Aequitas1987 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:28 am

ballackfcb wrote:
lau03143 wrote:Manager says a draw would have been fair... He was watching a different game. Dortmund deserved their 3pts

What game were you watching :?

The scum were rubbish so were bayern so a draw was fair. I f the ref had given the clear pen on Gomez then bayern would have won.

PS. Gotze is an average player and Ballack is better despite being double his age.

Hoeness must sign Ballack in summer on free agent and in January sign a defender like Alex.

If Bayern had Ballack today then they would have not lost this match

:lol: :lol: :lol:
My Bayern Munich Video Compilation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7FEfz_Vu3Q&feature=player_embedded

#1 Fan of Thomas Muller in starting 11
Aequitas1987
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Dhuber24 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:56 am

kroos played well today...... he passed well and was involved. considering he has to get used to playing a deeper role he had a good performance. Gomez was effectively marked out of the game and he got no calls.... to those talking sh*t about him, his stats speak volumes about his quality and importance in our side. Muller and Ribery looked tired, Robben looked out of form and the backline needs to keep itself calm and collect when it gets tough. it seemed like the kind of game where a fluke goal would win it. in my eyes thats how the game went!
Mia San Mia
Herr Huber
Dhuber24
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby RAGHU » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:37 am

We started like barcelona, now playing like A C milan, tomorrow we may play as inter....
RAGHU
I post all the time

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:51 am

Dortmund were the better team and I think they deserved their 3 points, but the draw was not something impossible even with our performance, and we probably would have managed it with a fairer referee.

We play Mainz next, who are not in good form this season, and then Bremen, who just got trashed by Gladbach and seem to be losing their form slowly. We're still in first place and Dortmund won't win every game until the end of the season, so it's not the end of the world guys. Our team will just have to make sure they do not collapse to the pressure.

Our team hasn't been as cautious lately and this has led to several close games (Hannover, Napoli (both games), Augsburg, Dortmund). We desperately need a big win against Villareal to up our morale again.
In Pep I trust
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Mazen96 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:57 am

I think Whitney Nailed it with this article :

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editor ... d-to-find-

We were too lazy, so lazy they outran us by 10 km :shock:
In guten wie in schlechten Zeiten...
Mazen96
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby RAGHU » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:29 am

64% possession but still Achieved nothing....
RAGHU
I post all the time

Postby dambun » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:48 am

Come on guys... we weren't that bad!!!!!
Just because they were lucky with that goal doesn't make us a total disaster.... let's not overestimate our weaknesses!
We obviously have room for improvement... and that's what we should focus on.... thankfully, the motivation factor is back now....

We were outrun because most of our players were too tired after the internationals and also because Dortmund have very high physical standards..... I'm as much angry and disappointed as you guys are, but we shouldn't see it all as a complete disaster....
"" "" "" ""
Wir stehen hinter dir, Uli
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Iran

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:12 pm

I just don't want to read that "we were tired" thing :)

Because I've read it like 10 times before this match (Hoffenheim, Augsburg...). You just can't be always tired in October/November. What's going to happen in April then?

I think that they outplayed us in the same way they did last season. They played intelligent and even though they were a bit lucky with their goal, they also had 2 clear goal chances before (Kagawa 1 on 1 with Neuer and Lewandowski free header) so you can't say their win was undeserved.

If Schweini had played this match we would have surely win though
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby MoFattal » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:35 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:
I think that they outplayed us in the same way they did last season. They played intelligent and even though they were a bit lucky with their goal, they also had 2 clear goal chances before (Kagawa 1 on 1 with Neuer and Lewandowski free header) so you can't say their win was undeserved.

Agreed!

This was their game plan all along... they pressed us really well high upfield and took had their enough shares of counter attacks... yes the goal event was a bit lucky, but their other chances were not... from three clear-cut chances, they scored 1 of 3 ... if it was Man City it would have been 3 of 3 :lol: ... so they were not the only lucky ones....

We have to admit, TACTICALLY they outplayed us...

I am sure we will win the BL by the end of the season (and even I don't think it will be a close call)... but I would hate it if we won the BL without being able to beat the champions... we will be eagerly waiting the return game... now we should focus on having 1st place in CL group stage to avoid playing Barca or Real in the next round :P
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby quaazi » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:12 pm

if it was Man City we'd be 10-0 up anyway. City wouldn't be able to withstand the heavy pressure Dortmund did, nor would they be able to saturate the goal with as many opportunities they need to beat Neuer. It's the exact reason why I think Dortmund are a gimmick team.

Never thought I'd say that we have some lessons to learn from teams like Hertha... :P
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby dambun » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:26 pm

Sorry to disappoint... But yesss... I believe we were tired.... we have a small squad... some of them were injured... some like Usami, Peterson, Olic, Breno are almost not used... so we have like 13-14 players that played every 3 days or so.... even in the international breaks our players almost always play all the matches.... We can see some of them are just not sharp enough in games we need a physical presence....

Every team with high physical fitness, like Dortmund and Hoffenheim, just outrun us completely.... You should admit that Dortmund's 121km against our 110Km almost means Dortmund had 12 players against our 11 ones.... It's no surprise that we were outnumbered time and again....

All in all, I'm saying it was a very narrow match where neither team had any superiority to the other.... It was just a moment, an accident, an individual mistake, that made the difference.... Comparing our performance with that of last season is way too much exaggeration!
"" "" "" ""
Wir stehen hinter dir, Uli
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Iran

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga