You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2011-02-26] Bayern Munich vs Borussia Dortmund

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:02 pm

Bayern Munich will win
93%
It will end in a draw
7%
Borussia Dortmund will win
No votes

Total votes : 15

Re: [2011-02-26] Bayern Munich vs Borussia Dortmund

Postby EQ Kimball » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:46 pm

LVG and the Bayern board = Epic Fail.

We've been breaking records at sucking.

New coach, and MOST importantly, NEW PLAYERS. FFS
Join the Milk movement
EQ Kimball
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Koma » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:06 am

Don't know what to say really, only thing I want to know is why just WHY is LvG playing players out of position? It is not true that we need new players, we need maybe 1 good CB or something like that. WHY ARE YOU DOING THAT VAN GAAL?
Bayern Team for the Champions League trophy -
http://www.footballuser.com/formations/ ... unchen.jpg
Koma
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby KAHN » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:48 am

EQ Kimball wrote:LVG and the Bayern board = Epic Fail.

What, you are back... and you wont even comment on Gomez! You don't feel ashamed now? Epic Fail :mrgreen:
"You are here for a good time ... Not a long time"
Colin McRae
Rally legend
R.I.P
5/8/1968-15/9/2007
KAHN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby eddinanM3 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:07 am

The momentum was lost last summer when Bayern and even more so Van Gaal failed to foresee that Bayern needed more strength at central defender!

1. Breno was out with a major injury and would not be available till December

2. Demichelis had been on a proverbial rollercaster of a season making glaring mistakes all season long.

3. Van Buyten after having a good first half in 09/10 had a horible second half of the season and looked very slow when the season ended.

4.Badstuber was the youngest, but the most consistent of our CB's in 09/10, however he still had much to learn.

So basically you have two of four central defenders making glaring mistakes far too often and one that is untested to a degree and not available till half the season is over and the final defender is a very young lad who always shows up, but still has a lot to learn. In that scenario Van Gaal and the board should have seen the writing on the wall and said hey we only have three CB's available to start the season and two of those three are very error prone to boot and the other is very young so in this situation what could it hurt to reinforce the side with another central defender that could help us in the long haul and slowly we can phase out Demi or Van Buyten for younger and faster players.

It was and will always be a complete oversight by Van Gaal and to a lessor degree by the board to not realize the importance of that situation at the time, especially with the CL Final still fresh in their minds.
eddinanM3
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby EQ Kimball » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:43 am

KAHN wrote:
EQ Kimball wrote:LVG and the Bayern board = Epic Fail.

What, you are back... and you wont even comment on Gomez! You don't feel ashamed now? Epic Fail :mrgreen:

SMH @ this Pathetic attempt.

"Epic Fail" ? That's it? That's all you got? How about you fast-forward your LIFE about 5 years, because anybody with half a creative brain cell has stopped saying that at least 3 years ago.

That said, what you want me to comment about Gomez for? Dude's performance and SHIT display spoke for itself. He can't even make a proper pass.

Furthermore I didn't mention GoMISS because I think I've already pounded half of his dickriders (you included) into oblivion. Yall are just so delusional and blinded by his pubes in your eyeballs that you keep forgetting.

Fck on outta here, either discuss the match or play a game of "hide-n-go-fk-urself."

NEXT.
Join the Milk movement
EQ Kimball
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Element » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:54 am

raz25 wrote: Zhirkov it's just slightly better than Pranjic defensive wise, because of his speed.

And offensively , Zhirkov IS TOP
Element

National Flag:
Jordan
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:54 pm

Apparently, the players who played the Dortmund match would have received a bonus of 20,000 euros each if they had beaten Dortmund. It still was not enough though :(
20GB free cloud storage! -- follow this link, sign up, install app and we both get 5GB extra :)
MUTU
Site Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Element » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:07 pm

MUTU wrote:Apparently, the players who played the Dortmund match would have received a bonus of 20,000 euros each if they had beaten Dortmund. It still was not enough though

A Player From Dortmund (i think Bender) said that The Big words of Hoeness and Bayern Board actually were the reason for this win , because those words motivated THEM IN A GREAT WAY

Juegen Klopp said that he does not care about anything now , not even the Meisterschaft , and that he only wants to enjoy this win
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby MUTU » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:12 pm

Element wrote:A Player From Dortmund (i think Bender) said that The Big words of Hoeness and Bayern Board actually were the reason for this win , because those words motivated THEM IN A GREAT WAY

That's what I felt as well before the match. How super-dumb of Nerlinger and Hoeneß. They have ridiculed the club, helped the opponents, and made our reputation worse (Bayern have a reputation for being highly arrogant).
20GB free cloud storage! -- follow this link, sign up, install app and we both get 5GB extra :)
MUTU
Site Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:38 pm

Yes. That's what happend with Mourinho and Barça's 5-0 win over Real Madrid.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Spain

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:20 pm

AvatarX wrote:so a bad result against Hannover would possibly mean a reaction from our board.

They'll be waiting until after Inter. Even if we lose against both Schalke and Hannover, he won't get sacked until we play Inter, but after that he probably will be regardless of the outcome in the CL, unless we somehow trash Inter 4-0. It will be a strange situation if he's fired after a win.

raz25 wrote:Giving him time through pokal matches (1/month or more) and subbing him in after the match is already won you'll never find out what he's made of, if he is consistent or not, if he can deal with pressure and so on. Letting him play in the starting 11 for at least 4 matches in a row it's what I call giving a player a chance to prove himself.

Well, we could always have loaned him again, if he agreed to that. There are a lot of players that only stay with a club for 2, maybe 3 years. We seem to forget this sometimes, maybe because a lot of our players tend to stay for longer.

raz25 wrote:Zhirkov it's just slightly better than Pranjic defensive wise, because of his speed.

Element would like to have a word with you :mrgreen: :lol:

eddinanM3 wrote:The momentum was lost last summer when Bayern and even more so Van Gaal failed to foresee that Bayern needed more strength at central defender!

=D> =D> =D> =D>
In Pep I trust
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Element » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:55 pm

MOST Embarrassing STATS Ever

Spox titled this paragraph with : Bayern , MASTERS OF ineffectiveness

Bayern had 64% Ball control

Bayern had 795 ball contacts compared to 442 from Dortmund

Bayern have Attempted 563 passes with a success rate of 85%

While Dortmund have ONLY Attempted 208 passes with a success rate of only 73%

NOW TO THE CRAP PART

Bayern's Back line (back 4 ) have passed the ball between each other many times

The Number of passes between Tymoschuk and Lahm alone equals 46 passes !!

While in Dortmund , the number of passes were the giver and receiver were a player of the defender Equal 4 passes only !!!!!!

Another Part

Hummels and Subotic have only Received 4 passes from their Midfield and forwards

while our CBs have received 50 passes from a midfielder or forward

3rd thing is

Bayern Shot 14 Shots
Dortmund also Shot 14 shots even though they only had 36% Ball control

4th Thing is

Sahin usually has more than 100 ball contact per game

while vs Bayern , Bender and Sahin together had a total of 94 Ball contacts
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby eddinanM3 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:06 am

I guess possession alone doesn't amount to much if you don't put it in the back of the net!
eddinanM3
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby AvatarX » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:41 pm

An article about LVG's mistakes in the game vs Dortmund (I kind of agree in most of them):

http://www.livesoccertv.com/news/2975/a ... stuttgart/
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby MUTU » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:50 pm

The stats that Element posted all seem to point to one thing.

Dortmund play a quicker, more direct game.

• The less passes between defenders, or backpasses to defenders, the quicker the ball moves upfield (Dortmund had considerably less passes between defenders or backpasses to defenders)
  • The more direct passes forward, the less accurate they are likely to be (Dortmund had lower pass percentage accuracy)
  • The quicker the play, without useless passes, the less ball possession you have (Dortmund had less ball possession)
  • The quicker the play, the more likely that a shot results in a goal, because the defence will generally have more spaces due to not having time to organise itself, hence the actions will end up being more dangerous (Dortmund had 3 times the goals-per-shot)

I've been seeing this myself (and I'm sure most of you have) without the need to have stats to back me up. There is way too much time between when the defence wins the ball and when our strikers manage to shoot on goal. And this is despite us having 2 of the fastest wingers in world football. We need to play more direct. We need more crosses from defence.
MUTU
Site Admin

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga