You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2014-11-01] Bayern Munich vs Borussia Dortmund

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win
73%
It will end in a draw
12%
Borussia Dortmund will win
15%

Total votes : 26

Re: [2014-11-01] Bayern Munich vs Borussia Dortmund

Postby theundead » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:46 pm

Jorge wrote:
theundead wrote:
interesting stat.
Klopp really made his players run very hard. It almost payed off against the relative slowness of Alonso (and Lahm to an extent).

It actually turned against him. The running they did in the first half wore them out, not only sprinting forward every time they transitioned to attack but also chasing Bayern high on their field trying to force a mistake was draining for their offensive players, by the 60th minute Reus, Aubameyang and Kagawa were out of gas, Mkhitaryan managed his energy better though but he was on and off throughout the game.

Thats why I wrote "almost payed off" :D

Maybe this is the reason they are struggling againts the other teams as well. They get too tired after running hard in the CL.

Pep is a genius if he realized this and sent Ribery to torment the tired defenders. Well done Pep!
theundead
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Pakistan

Postby quaazi » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:32 pm

Genius my ass, I was literally yelling at my TV for ten minutes to sub him in before Pep did. :P
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby tflags » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:56 pm

quaazi wrote:I can concede to some extent on your first two paragraphs, but jesus man, "worst moment in history"? Yesterday's game was a CL game for them, not your run-of-the-mill HSV or whatever.

Don't you dare bring the Lord to this discussion! :P . From a historic point of view - one eye closed and the other one looking no further than the German border - yes; their worst moment in history: "The pile of excrement has grown to historic heights. Not even the relegated BVB team from the 1971-72 season started this poorly"; Honigstein.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:03 pm

quaazi wrote:Genius my ass, I was literally yelling at my TV for ten minutes to sub him in before Pep did. :P

Join the club. I actually wanted him on at HT. Robbery, I missed them.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby quaazi » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:03 pm

tflags wrote:Don't you dare bring the Lord to this discussion! :P .
But I had to talk about van Gaal!
tflags wrote:From a historic point of view - one eye closed and the other one looking no further than the German border - yes; their worst moment in history: "The pile of excrement has grown to historic heights. Not even the relegated BVB team from the 1971-72 season started this poorly"; Honigstein.

Well that's why I differ between their regular league games and games v us. They beat us in the Supercup before starting the horrid season three days later with a 4-0 friendly loss to Liverpool, for example.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby DerKaiser » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:32 pm

Statistics are like miniskirts . What they reveal is tantalizing, but what they hide is crucial.
DerKaiser
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby tflags » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:29 am

quaazi wrote:Well that's why I differ between their regular league games and games v us. They beat us in the Supercup before starting the horrid season three days later with a 4-0 friendly loss to Liverpool, for example.

How dare you? Don't you know 2014 is the year of the strong starts but trepid declines? Barça, Liverpool, Dortmund, Roma, Madrid (work in progress on that last one). :P

All seriousness aside, I'm not sure I completely agree with his assessment (or approval) of our latest tactics but the sheer relation opens up a whole new universe of photoshopping posibilites:

"The problem with Bayern is that like the Borg (of "Star Trek: The Next Generation" fame), they have an uncanny capacity to adjust and regenerate on the fly. So if Xabi Alonso found himself bottled up by Shinji Kagawa, there was David Alaba emerging from the back three (theoretically, Bayern played a 3-5-2, though with this team you realize just how irrelevant schemes and formations are)."

Imho it wasn't Alaba who took Borg duties from marked out Alonso nor our tactics which saved the game.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby quaazi » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:20 pm

I just want to ignore the play we conceded from because so many things went wrong there. So I pretend it didn't happen. :wink:
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby endrity » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:10 am

Maybe I am just a bit paranoid but teams like Dortmund (and Real) still scare me. It seems like we are a bit too vulnerable and our defense not protected well enough against them.

But then again, I also thought that during the first half of Jupp's treble season and then the team developed amazingly well afterwards. It's taken Pep a bit, and I was a big critic of him, but the team is functioning great now.
endrity
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Jorge » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:04 pm

tflags wrote: Not even the relegated BVB team from the 1971-72 season started this poorly"; Honigstein.

Not sure about this one, the BL was quite different back then. I am convinced that Dortmund will have a good run after the winter break and will climb up on the table to challenge the teams fighting for the last CL spot or Europa League. They are losing almost every BL game but they are not playing bad at all. The main thing that they lack is a consistent finisher and it is taking time for Klopp to make the adjustments but he will figure it out.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby walter » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:33 pm

Jorge wrote:and it is taking time for Klopp to make the adjustments but he will figure it out.

Yeah, and lately he is playing the team with no real striker, which seems to be working better than having Immobile or Ramos up in front. I think they are on the up, and they will start winning in the Bundesliga. Hopefully it won't be too late such that they miss out on CL next season, which would be catastrophic for them.
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby Franck Ribery » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:37 pm

Line-up: Neuer - Alonso, Benatia, Ribéry, Lewandowski, Rafinha, Boateng, Bernat, Götze, Lahm (C), Alaba

Subs: Zingerle - Dante, Shaqiri, Rode, Müller, Hojbjerg.
Franck Ribery
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Vietnam

Postby walter » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:54 pm

Franck Ribery wrote:Line-up: Neuer - Alonso, Benatia, Ribéry, Lewandowski, Rafinha, Boateng, Bernat, Götze, Lahm (C), Alaba

wrong thread, buddy.

:P
walter
I post all the time

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby Franck Ribery » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:24 pm

walter wrote:
Franck Ribery wrote:Line-up: Neuer - Alonso, Benatia, Ribéry, Lewandowski, Rafinha, Boateng, Bernat, Götze, Lahm (C), Alaba

wrong thread, buddy.

:P

Yes,thanks mate.That's my fault :D
Franck Ribery
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Vietnam

Previous

Return to Bundesliga