You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2014-04-12] Bayern Munich vs Borussia Dortmund

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win
73%
It will end in a draw
20%
Borussia Dortmund will win
7%

Total votes : 15

Re: [2014-04-12] Bayern Munich vs Borussia Dortmund

Postby Dalv » Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:33 am

ramsej84 wrote:and have you noticed what our full backs are doing? On various occasions I've noticed (esp Alaba) coming into the middle of the park rather then running touch and go with ribery as he used to do.

true, thats what Ive been complaining all season. The main weapon during Heynckes era is eradicated by Guardiola...
Dalv
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby walter » Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:49 am

Not sold on this idea of having Alaba and Rafinha play as fullbacks/halfbacks hybrids. It's very noticeable: without our fullbacks overlapping with Robben and Ribery we don't create as many chances. It might be that the plan was to have Gotze overlap with both Robben and Ribs but it was just not working. Also, Martinez is being wasted as a CB (nothing new here either) and I really miss seeing him boss midfield like he was doing last season.

Finally, Kroos is worth every penny he is asking for. He is the mastermind in midfield. Our game is so much better with him in the side. Pay him as much as our top players because he is one.
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby johndear » Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:52 am

Ok..what i don't understand is - Pep knows how BvB played and got beaten already when he didn't use proper DM. current our team is having a problem against Parking the bus team or not totally parking the bus.

Is that mean he couldn't find the proper personal on the team to operate what he need to do? if so he need to change according to current players quality.

-players are not interested in playing BL even at home? (least likely)

-changing tactic cause them to prevent them from playing their best. (more likely)

-Is some team already figure out our tactics or stopping from playing our game (likely)

-Pep's tinkering too much back fire him (more likely)

what else???????
All's Fair In LOVE and WAR
johndear
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby lau03143 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:27 am

walter wrote:Not sold on this idea of having Alaba and Rafinha play as fullbacks/halfbacks hybrids. I

I agree. He must rein them back when we play such a counter attacking side like BVB.

Madrid is going to be very similar. I fear out wide we will be caught out.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby Achilles » Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:40 am

For me,personally it has nothing to do with the final score or anything,it's the attitude of our players how they actually approached the game today,really in front of the fans in Munich you concede that stupid goal and you don't react?? We won the championship,it's perfect then what? You walk in the pitch like nobody is watching? Go out there play,do what you have to do with passion and then if you loose against BVB it's ok,it's fine they were better maybe,more lucky than us,better prepared or anything else,I definetely can swallow it but being arrogant,lazy and complacency again and again it's something outrageous.It was the FIRST game that Bayern did concede and the passion-reaction wasn't there,this was clearly mental,period.

We can talk all day about tactics,Pep,overlaps,Lahm,Martinez,our shaky defense but when we are motivated and mentally ready,with this lazy attitude and zero passion a mix of Bayern legends at their prime would be beaten and it was 2nd time in a row,after Augsburg then this,I remember last year after we won the championship even with a heavy rotation we still won some games by 4-5 goals,after all they are pros.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SouthernStar » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:57 am

The worst part about this match: Jupp was there, Uli was there... And they have to watch the team playing badly. That's what really hurts me most.

Since the Augsburg game, records don't matter anymore, we could drop all the points for the rest of the season but the "salad plate" is still remaining with us til next year's May at the very least.

And also guess what - Dortmund's "rig-rag" squad has gelled enough now, remember that they had a really bad slump when it happened at December (3-4 straight home defeats in a row?), now those makeshift squad beat Real Madrid. So yes, I believe their win is warranted.

I could take a 1-0 loss, the other 2 goals though... Ok fine, Raeder is inexperienced and that's well "acceptable", I think conceding ONLY 2 goals are in fact considered acceptable for him. However, it was also caused by our really bad defending and I hope the team and Pep reflects on that. The Javi as CB experiment is not working, while the Bundesliga games are meaningless, they are still competitive fixtures and watching them play like they are in friendlies hurt.

ALSO F*** YOU OFFICIALS.

What matters is that, Neuer is fine and should be fit against FCK which is the most important thing here. And in the chat, while Adept when into a rant, I did say that this could turn out to be much worse - say if Boateng got injured lol... As much of a monster Javi was against BVB in the CL Final (I think he won 3-4 really crucial duels on that match), but he's a kitten against them (or anyone else for the matter) as a CB so please... stop... just stop...

And I've mentioned this over and over again, I'm really worried for Ribery and not just Gotze. I know Ribery took a really bad dip of form in 2010 and also for a period after he came back from injury, but then again he's not getting any younger. And Gotze... gosh kid what the heck's been happening?! Thiago, Shaqiri... when will they be back? With Pep's system, he needs the "correct" type of midfielder to execute the game plan, we have a lot of midfielders but one cannot replace the other in terms of technicalities - apparently other teams' fans never get this memo.

Move on and forget this game - only pride was at stake for us, while Dortmund has a lot to gain from this victory as Schalke is still hot on their tail. Last season's matches - both teams pretty much cement their table position, Dortmund was out from the Pokal, thus both teams are just using the game as a "trial" to test the water - so it can't really be compared to this game. The thing is if our team performs when it really matters, games like this will quickly be forgotten. So let's go kick FCK's arse!
SouthernStar
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby sch0ll7 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:34 am

Most of you are making sense with your posts. Our tactics were off today. Our players did not turn up for this match...etc..

I hope it is just some experimenting before the RM games and that Pep is trying out different things so we have more options for those 3 or 4 most important matches of this season. It was weird for Pep or Sammer to not say anything so it got me thinking this was just a tryout for those important games.

I am 100% sure we will be at our best against Kaiserslautern and RM. Pep wont do anything stupid and tactics will work to every detail. Our players will be up for it. And if everything goes to plan we will be in yet another final.

Another thing that every Bayern fan is expecting is for us to win the CL. You can hope for it but dont expect it because you will go mental if we dont win it. Last season was historical and best in our history. At the begining of this season chances of us winning a treble again were something like 1:100 and everyone would be happy with us wining the BL and getting to the semis of CL and finals of the cup. Like some of you wrote...this is Pep`s first season and we cant expect too much from him. And stop whining about bring Jupp back etc...He is retired now.

Last season before the CL final...I said to myself...If we win it I wont ask for another CL trophy in the next 10 years. It was maybe too much but it just shows how much I wanted for us to get it again after that Chelsea loss and Inter in 2010.
Before this season most of us said we will be happy if Pep wins us 1 CL in the next 3 years. So if we dont win it this year dont go mental because the project is still not finished.

Well...after all of that I am 99% sure we will be in both finals...and let's hope for 2013 replay and not 2012 when we lost those 2 finals with Chelsea and Dortmund.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:55 am

First of all, well done to Borusse and his team. They were clearly the better team and deserved their win. What I'm about to say here is not meant as an excuse to what happened or anything, because had we won yesterday it would have been undeserved.

I purposefully didn't comment until this morning, because yesterday I was very disappointed with the loss and worried about Neuer (without whom our season would be over). I would have said the exact same things as you guys did. Now that I have heard that Neuer is ok, I am relieved and I think it puts us back on track for the Real Madrid game next week.

To start, the loss was deserved but I don't think we can read too much into the result. I believe Neuer would have saved the last two goals (especially the second), the third goal was offside anyway and Mandzukic's goal was not offside. If we want to accept the score as it is remember that on aggregate we did NOT lose, but drew 3-3. To be honest though, it was flattering for both teams to win 3-0 away from their homes.

It is not just Neuer who will be back, but also Boateng against Real Madrid. I think by now we all agree what a disaster Martinez at CB is. I would be happy to just see him dropped and Boateng playing instead of him, I think that is enough to win, but if Pep is willing to try him in defensive midfield I would be delighted. It is the only thing I don't like about Pep.

Speaking of Real Madrid, sure, we lost by a goal more than them, but I think our performance, as bad as it was, was worse than theirs. Against us Dortmund scored almost every chance they had. Had they done so against Real Madrid, they would have scored not only two goals but three times as much. This is without including my opinion that the 3-0 was a bit flattering for them, because if we do then our performance compared to Real's becomes even better.

Tactics wise, we did not approach Dortmund as we should have. Real Madrid knows us less than they do, and they do not press as well, but offensively they are very similar. It is now Pep's job to analyse what went wrong defensively in this game and make the necessary adjustments in defensive tactics for next week's game. I am sure that he will not disappoint.

As for the loss itself, hopefully it serves as a reminder that even if we're just missing two main players we can be humiliated if we don't give our 100%. It comes at a crucial point of the season and hopefully we can translate it into something positive like we did with last week's loss. For some time now Bayern have been at their most dangerous when wounded. I am hoping for more of the same. Hopefully it also makes Real Madrid a bit more confident than they should be. It already has done so to their fans. That is good for us.

To conclude, I think there's a lot to think about for Pep and the players after this game and it is time for them to show what they're made of by ensuring it does not happen again. But I don't think it is as disastrous as many think, myself included last night.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Borusse » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:56 am

Our third goal wasnt offside. :?
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

National Flag:
Poland

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:06 pm

Borusse wrote:Our third goal wasnt offside. :?

Was it not? They showed a still image and it appeared offside. I only saw it once though.

Either way, that's the least thing really. :P
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Borusse » Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:28 pm

Reus was offside, Hofmann wasn't. :P

This was one of those games in which everything went Dortmund's way. We had way too many games in which everything went the opponent's way so it was a nice change. I felt like no harm can be done to us that afternoon, Bayern were missing all of their chances and we were scoring from almost every opportunity.
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

Postby MUTU » Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:31 pm

Borusse wrote:Reus was offside, Hofmann wasn't. :P

This was one of those games in which everything went Dortmund's way. We had way too many games in which everything went the opponent's way so it was a nice change. I felt like no harm can be done to us that afternoon, Bayern were missing all of their chances and we were scoring from almost every opportunity.

So now you'll stop accusing us of our opponents having chances but failing to take them and Bayern win? Happy now? You jinxed us, you did it on purpose, you...

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Borusse » Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:42 pm

Your opponents miss a lot of chances against you. We got annoyed by that and decided to take matters into our own hands!

Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

Postby AdepT » Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:25 pm

Gonna smoke a bee-hive to take out frustration. :P

JK. :(
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby Borusse » Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:28 pm

AdepT wrote:Gonna smoke a bee-hive to take out frustration. :P

JK. :(

What does Jurgen Klopp have to do with this? :|
Borusse