You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2011-04-17] Bayern Munich vs Bayer Leverkusen

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:29 pm

Bayern Munich will win
70%
It will end in a draw
15%
Bayer Leverkusen will win
15%

Total votes : 20

[2011-04-17] Bayern Munich vs Bayer Leverkusen

Postby MUTU » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:28 pm

It's the Bundesliga matchday 30, and it will be an interesting one indeed. Bayer Leverkusen are coached by Jupp Heynckes, who will be coaching FC Bayern next season. They are currently in 2nd place, whilst FC Bayern are in 4th place (and currently out of a Champions League spot).

It will also be the first match for caretaker coach Andries Jonker, after Louis van Gaal was fired as FC Bayern coach.

FC Bayern has played Bayer Leverkusen in Munich on 34 occasions, and the statistics are very positive: 26 wins, 6 draws and 2 defeats. Having said that, FC Bayern have been unable to beat Bayer Leverkusen since 12th May 2009, in a 3-0 win at the Allianz Arena. The last 3 matches all ended in a 1-1 draw. On the other hand, Leverkusen have only managed to beat Bayern Munich once since their victory on 28th August 2004, with the victory being on 4th March 2009 in the German Cup quarterfinals.

More statistics (including all results between the two teams) can be found here: http://www.fussballdaten.de/vereine/bay ... everkusen/

It will be interesting to see how many changes Jonker will be ringing. He will be expected to restore the #1 shirt to Hans-Joerg Butt, but will definitely have to do without Holger Badstuber (suspended after earning 5 yellow cards), Arjen Robben (red carded after the end of the match against Nuremberg for complaining to the referee) and Ivica Olic (still out injured).

What is your predicted formation?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2011-04-17] Bayern Munich vs Bayer Leverkusen

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:40 pm

=====================Butt========================
Lahm======Tymoschuk/DVB======Breno=====Contento=
============Schweinsteiger====Gustavo=============
Kroos/Muller==========Muller/Kroos============Ribery
====================Gomez=======================

1) The board seem to be in favor of Butt, and after that mistake yesterday, I expect Butt to start instead of Kraft.
2) Breno will almost certainly be playing since Badstuber is suspended. His partner is a bit harder to predict. I think Tymo is better, but it could be DVB because we want to distance ourselves from the LVG era and playing DVB means no players out of position. However, I think Tymo is a more likely candidate, Hoeness likes him. Unless he starts in midfield.
3) Pranjic is injured, and even then I don't think he will start again until the end of the season. The board wanted to give Contento a chance, something which he barely got at all this season. On top of that, he had a decent game yesterday.
4) Gustavo will probably play in midfield again, he did great the few times he played there, and now that LVG is gone he should always be playing there, not just when Sneijder is on the opposing team.
5) Robben's replacement... I expect Kroos, although it could also be Altintop. I think Kroos has a bigger chance of starting this game though. Hopefully we will finally see him playing in an AM role again.

As you might have noticed, I think Jonker is nothing more than a puppet.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:42 pm

My predicted formation:

MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby quaazi » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:44 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:=====================Butt========================
Lahm======Tymoschuk/DVB======Breno=====Contento=
============Schweinsteiger====Gustavo=============
Kroos/Muller==========Muller/Kroos============Ribery
====================Gomez=======================

1) The board seem to be in favor of Butt, and after that mistake yesterday, I expect Butt to start instead of Kraft.
2) Breno will almost certainly be playing since Badstuber is suspended. His partner is a bit harder to predict. I think Tymo is better, but it could be DVB because we want to distance ourselves from the LVG era and playing DVB means no players out of position. However, I think Tymo is a more likely candidate, Hoeness likes him. Unless he starts in midfield.
3) Pranjic is injured, and even then I don't think he will start again until the end of the season. The board wanted to give Contento a chance, something which he barely got at all this season. On top of that, he had a decent game yesterday.
4) Gustavo will probably play in midfield again, he did great the few times he played there, and now that LVG is gone he should always be playing there, not just when Sneijder is on the opposing team.
5) Robben's replacement... I expect Kroos, although it could also be Altintop. I think Kroos has a bigger chance of starting this game though. Hopefully we will finally see him playing in an AM role again.

As you might have noticed, I think Jonker is nothing more than a puppet.
Frankly, I'd love that lineup and would prefer to see it the whole season (well, apart from Robben obviously).

I'm predicting a win again because I am an insane optimist.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby MUTU » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:50 pm

quaazi wrote:I'm predicting a win again because I am an insane optimist.

It won't be easy without Robben and Badstuber, but I too believe in a win. I believe that the players will be highly motivated.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:50 pm

quaazi wrote:rankly, I'd love that lineup and would prefer to see it the whole season (well, apart from Robben obviously).

Maybe the board should have hired me as caretaker coach :wink: :mrgreen:
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ballackfcb » Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:38 pm

What sort of a reception will Ballack get :?:
Hopefully he will get a good reception [-o< [-o< [-o<
ballackfcb
2013/14 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Zer0 Bayern » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:25 pm

MUTU wrote:My predicted formation:

I have to say, I loved your line-up. I would line Contento instead of Pranjic, but still is good. Hope our new coach thinks the same way.
...................................JaBEAST Martínez...................................
Zer0 Bayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Uruguay

Postby quaazi » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:39 pm

One thing I'm hoping is that Ribery will have a great game. He was on fire last time van Gaal was fired. :P
The ideal team

quaazi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby FCB general » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:41 pm

I have predicted 1:2 defeat.

However, I want to see this team on the field. :|
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:45 pm

We have much better players. There are lots of formations that can give us a win. I'm optimistic because now that LVG is gone our players will have extra motivation I guess.

BTW I don't like Gustavo as CB. I think that Gustavo and Tymoshchuk shouldn't play as CB ever again.

I'd like to see this:
Butt, Lahm, Van Buyten, Breno, Contento, Schweini, Gustavo, Ribery, Müller,Altintop, Gomez

Everyone in his position. No CM as CB, no LW as LB, no CAM as CM, no Kraft as GK, etc.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby quaazi » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:54 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:
Everyone in his position. No CM as CB, no LW as LB, no CAM as CM, no Kraft as GK, etc.
:D

No Altintop tho, please, Müller needs to play on the flank and Kroos in the centre, this is a must!
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:58 pm

Müller on the right and Kroos as CAM is what I wanted for this team when Robben was injured. Remember our first goal of the season =P~

But Kroos is playing like a GIRL and next game is going to be a BIG ONE. Maybe Altintop can be more useful.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby quaazi » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:02 pm

He's playing like a GIRL because he's used as a CDM... put him where he should be and I have every confidence he'll wreck Leverkusen shit up.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby AvatarX » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:29 pm

Although I like Mutu's formation, I would like to see something like this, with Klose alongside Gomez at least in the second half.

Although 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 look great on paper, I think our best possible formation is 4-2-2-2 (until Kroos is ready to make a breakthrough).

So, I would like something like this:

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Anonymous

Next

Return to Bundesliga