You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2011-04-17] Bayern Munich vs Bayer Leverkusen

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:29 pm

Bayern Munich will win
70%
It will end in a draw
15%
Bayer Leverkusen will win
15%

Total votes : 20

Re: [2011-04-17] Bayern Munich vs Bayer Leverkusen

Postby Element » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:31 am

MUTU wrote:Hehehe perhaps Goal.com reporters are reading our forum and taking tips from Element.

This wouldnt Be the First time :P :wink:
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby AvatarX » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:06 am

They say that we played a 4-1-2-3 with Scweini as lone CDM (!). TBH I didn't see anything like that...
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby MUTU » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:10 am

We played 4-2-2-2 with Klose slightly retreated.
20GB free cloud storage! -- follow this link, sign up, install app and we both get 5GB extra :)
MUTU
Site Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby AvatarX » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:17 am

MUTU wrote:We played 4-2-2-2 with Klose slightly retreated.

Yes, that was my impression, too...
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby Psychaz » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:39 am

just watched the replay of the game, couldn't watch, at work.... but Contento, Schweinsteiger and Gomez and our central defence(wow that is a first) Gustavo and DVB were fantastic apart from DVB's one mistake. btw is it me or did we look like we were having fun out there for the first time in ages????

Its one match though and we have to play every game like its a cup final until the end of the season

Thank god Butt is back in goal as well =D>
Proud to be Haitian
Psychaz
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:48 am

Psychaz wrote:just watched the replay of the game, couldn't watch, at work.... but Contento, Schweinsteiger and Gomez and our central defence(wow that is a first) Gustavo and DVB were fantastic apart from DVB's one mistake.

Yes, but you forgot to mention an important player, Mueller. He had one of his best matches ever, and only a desperate tackle went between him and the goalscorers list. However I was disappointed with Ribery to be honest, but he wasn't 100% so I'm not worried.

Psychaz wrote:btw is it me or did we look like we were having fun out there for the first time in ages????

Seems like it :)

Psychaz wrote:Thank god Butt is back in goal as well =D>

Yes, but when he lets in a goal through his legs and he stops every other shot in due tempi (in two times, i.e. first time block it and then grab it), it's fair to say he didn't have an excellent match.
20GB free cloud storage! -- follow this link, sign up, install app and we both get 5GB extra :)
MUTU
Site Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Psychaz » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:59 am

Yes, but you forgot to mention an important player, Mueller. He had one of his best matches ever, and only a desperate tackle went between him and the goalscorers list. However I was disappointed with Ribery to be honest, but he wasn't 100% so I'm not worried.

Yes, but when he lets in a goal through his legs and he stops every other shot in due tempi (in two times, i.e. first time block it and then grab it), it's fair to say he didn't have an excellent match.

Knew i missed a player out, well could of also included tymo also, he was a rock in midfield as well. Yeah Butt didn't have an excellent match, but i feel a hell of a lot more confident with him in goal than Kraft, when Kraft was in the goal i felt like i was gonna have a heart attack every time the opposition got near our box lol
Proud to be Haitian
Psychaz
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:01 pm

I feel you... kind of like "oooh... will his lack of experience be able to handle this particular situation? Oh dear..."
MUTU
Site Admin

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:15 pm

MUTU wrote:However I was disappointed with Ribery to be honest, but he wasn't 100% so I'm not worried.

True, but his goal was wonderful :D
In Pep I trust
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Jim_S » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:21 pm

What a great game and superb result. I really hope Jonker also agrees that Contento performed better than Pranjic. Defensive and especially offensive. From other matches I recall the perfect interaction with Ribery. Next to that, his speed is a really good weapon in an offensive way.
Dutch commentary said something like they missed the clean playing style from V Gaal. I totally disagree. With van Gaal we always played in the same tactics, most of the time with slow ball movements, very predictable and static and thus easy to defend.

But we must not forget that Neverkusen gave away a few goals... The coming matches wont be that easy but nevertheless this result will boost confidence among the players.
Jim_S
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:36 pm

Jim_S wrote:Defensive and especially offensive. From other matches I recall the perfect interaction with Ribery.

I will never forget that time earlier this season when Contento was attacking, the ball was going out and he somehow managed to keep it in. That run was incredible, and I think it led to a goal. I forgot against who it was though.

I will never understand why LVG insisted on playing Pranjic. Contento, apart from clearly being a better LB, was the reason why we didn't sign a fullback this summer in the first place... if he had played the full season, well, maybe we wouldn't have a LB problem anymore, because Contento has potential. But now, he's played very few games this season... sticking with him will be a risk. We just have to buy a proven fullback this summer. I don't want to lose Contento though, but if we are going to go after Coentrao, Contento will never have his chance at Bayern. If he does, somehow, become better than Coentrao, then we would have wasted all that money on Coentrao for nothing, so it's lose/lose.

Maybe it's time to start looking at Maxwell? I say it depends on Contento in the last 4 games of the season. Bringing Maxwell for 2-3 years, and loaning Contento... that could work. I think this is what appudds suggested last year.
In Pep I trust
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:12 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I will never forget that time earlier this season when Contento was attacking, the ball was going out and he somehow managed to keep it in. That run was incredible, and I think it led to a goal. I forgot against who it was though.

This is mostly contradictory :P
MUTU
Site Admin

National Flag:
Malta

Postby armbrust » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:32 pm

Oh , i forgot to mention that the f 4-5-1 is gone =D> .

The question now is what will jonker do with muller when robben is available?

There are only 3 options acceptable for me:

1 Bench muller

2 Bench robben (my best choice, robben is lethal coming in the 2nd half, but you need balls to do that)

3 Play muller as a striker.
Last edited by armbrust on Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
@armbrustpoker
armbrust
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Jim_S » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:39 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Jim_S wrote:Defensive and especially offensive. From other matches I recall the perfect interaction with Ribery.

I will never understand why LVG insisted on playing Pranjic. Contento, apart from clearly being a better LB, was the reason why we didn't sign a fullback this summer in the first place... if he had played the full season, well, maybe we wouldn't have a LB problem anymore, because Contento has potential. But now, he's played very few games this season... sticking with him will be a risk. We just have to buy a proven fullback this summer. I don't want to lose Contento though, but if we are going to go after Coentrao, Contento will never have his chance at Bayern. If he does, somehow, become better than Coentrao, then we would have wasted all that money on Coentrao for nothing, so it's lose/lose.

Was Pranjic a LVG signing? Then the reason is simply; he wanted to prove he was right....
We don't know how long Pranjic is out and if Jonker right now prefers Pranjic or Contento. I hope Contento gets the time to prove himselves. Also Coentrao with Contento as a backup isn't that bad for the development of Contento. Bayern playes a hell of a lot matches during a season so there will always be some player circulation on the pitch. Except when you are the backup for Superman Lahm :mrgreen:

Apart from those 2, Badstuber on the back position is really nerve breaking :shock: Also reminds me of Ribery tacking off and Badstuber 9 of 10 times playing wide or back to the GK :D
Jim_S
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:51 pm

MUTU wrote:This is mostly contradictory

I will never forget the move. I don't really care who we were playing against :D

Jim_S wrote:Also Coentrao with Contento as a backup isn't that bad for the development of Contento.

Yes, but my point is that Coentrao is young as well, and if he does join us we will be hoping that he stays here for a long time. With Coentrao here Contento will never be a starter.
In Pep I trust
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga