You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2017-08-18] Bayern Munich vs Bayer Leverkusen

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win
55%
It will end in a draw
18%
Bayer 04 Leverkusen will win
27%

Total votes : 11

Re: [2017-08-18] Bayern Munich vs Bayer Leverkusen

Postby Isabella » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:12 pm

Prasun for the other you will do better to hope either Brandt or Gnabry can develop to be WC because I think that will be easier than bought a WC winger
Isabella
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Italy

Postby MUTU » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:44 pm

ramsej84 wrote:I'd rather play ugly football and win rather than play sexy football and end up with a banana...

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:03 am

MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:18 pm

Ulreich still looks like the Wardrobe's little brother.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby Pelin » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:45 pm

4-4-2 was the biggest problem vs Leverkusen, since,

First off, we were never compact enough and they had numerical advantage on midfield. Second off, Ribery's lack of tracking back properly costed us so much, due to this reasons, we gave away too many chances. After all, l saw that how much we created from open play, which is too low. thereby, we need to use both flanks with efficiency and we should start to control the midfield.

Btw, Ribery should know his limits and should use his energy economically.
Pelin
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby Ed. » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:38 pm

First game of the season, but it was again an indictment of the rest of the league, wasn't it?
After 90 mins you remember that Leverkusen had more than their fair share of chances and see the 3-0 and think, how did that happen?

Nothing has improved since last season. The attack is still disjointed, the midfield seems to go missing in key moments in attack and defence and the back 4 still make mistakes.

Kahn is turning out to be a insightful pundit. He has already rightly stated the big spending seen over the last few years was not going to go away and Bayern needed to change their mindset when it came to transfers and he rightly pointed in this game that the chances that Leverskusen created today should be cause for concern and he is right.

This team is not going to make a decent run in the UCL with this attack. There are much better attacks than ours. Real, Barca, City, Manu, PSG are all equipped better in terms of playing personnel and bench options (Well, ok, maybe not Barca at the moment). To improve on last season, there is great room for improvement in defense. The defensive midfield and back 4 really need to tighten up and give away nothing.

It doesn't seem that there is any plan to head in this direction though. Ancelloti doesn't appear to have any new scheme up his sleeve.
The only positive aspect for me from the opener was the new guys fitting in well.

Looks like this season is going to be more of the same.
Ed.
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:54 pm

Ed. wrote:First game of the season, but it was again an indictment of the rest of the league, wasn't it?
After 90 mins you remember that Leverkusen had more than their fair share of chances and see the 3-0 and think, how did that happen?

Nothing has improved since last season. The attack is still disjointed, the midfield seems to go missing in key moments in attack and defence and the back 4 still make mistakes.

Kahn is turning out to be a insightful pundit. He has already rightly stated the big spending seen over the last few years was not going to go away and Bayern needed to change their mindset when it came to transfers and he rightly pointed in this game that the chances that Leverskusen created today should be cause for concern and he is right.

This team is not going to make a decent run in the UCL with this attack. There are much better attacks than ours. Real, Barca, City, Manu, PSG are all equipped better in terms of playing personnel and bench options (Well, ok, maybe not Barca at the moment). To improve on last season, there is great room for improvement in defense. The defensive midfield and back 4 really need to tighten up and give away nothing.

It doesn't seem that there is any plan to head in this direction though. Ancelloti doesn't appear to have any new scheme up his sleeve.
The only positive aspect for me from the opener was the new guys fitting in well.

Looks like this season is going to be more of the same.

The reality is that we never buy top established footballers. It's always been the case. I can only think of Hummels as an exception, maybe Neuer too but he wasn't fully established yet. The rest of our transfers were not in the world's top 5 in their positions at the time we bought them.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:26 pm

Ballack Lucio Ze Rob
Lewa
Jeremies
Effenberg
Bassler
Klose
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:57 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Ballack Lucio Ze Rob
Lewa
Jeremies
Effenberg
Bassler
Klose

Lewandowski wasn't bought. We got him on a free. My point is that we're not ready to spend money to get a top player. Of course, if they come for free we're not going to say no as was the case with Lewandowski. As for the rest I don't really consider them top established players. Ballack, Lucio and Ze Roberto had a good season with Leverkusen but I don't think they were top, established stars. They reached their highest levels while playing for us. Had they reached that level earlier we wouldn't have afforded to buy them.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby dewajack » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:29 am

And yet when you look at teams like PSG that spend boatloads on players, as well as teams like Chelsea and Man U., spending doesn't always work out for the best. Other factors come into play.

Also, in terms of CL, they have time to develop into a team that can challenge imo. Obviously, RM are the heavy favorites, but other than that, who is really better than Bayern? There are teams on par of course, but nobody that I would fear playing.
dewajack
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby Pelin » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:28 am

United? PSG? City has better attacks than us? Seriously? English teams started to win some games over the likes of Swansea in their so overrated league and they have great players now. Good joke. Also Chealse's 3-5-2 won't work in CL. Same goes for Pep's philosophy. on the other hand, Mourinho can do well his defending.

Only Neymar would start for us from PSG attack.PSG is one of the favourites to win in my opinion,unlike Barca, United or City. not only thanks to Neymar, but also thanks to Rabiot, Meunier/Alves, Verratti, possibly Fabinho.

Whatever, our problem is Carlo and his love for the likes of Ribery and Alonso. Last year, he did nothing to solve Pep era's debole points, now he plays Ribery though he adds nothing. And 4-4-2 thing came up, like last year's 4-3-3. we gave away many chances due to Ribery and Leverkusen's 3vs 2 advantage in midfield.

Playing Coman at LW with continuity will help us in CL. especially on forming a balanced side. l hope James can prove himself at RW. Nevertheless, Coman is a key for us. And it looks like he is stepping up.

Let me remind you, RM eliminated us with referee help last year, though Carlo's mistakes, playing 10 men in some part of games, starting with dead walking, Also Ribery added very little in both games.

There are 3 teams who can win CL. Real, PSG and us. After all, PSG and us are the only teams who can stop them. Their backline is problematic, while our wing rotation is.

Regarding wing rotation, MGT was too slow and had to gamble on James. l hope this gamble can make out. Carlo played him at RW, LW and trequartista when he coached James. let's wait and see.

They are also making a big mistake by not signing a rotation player who can add some bench options for wing and striker.
Pelin
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby tflags » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:06 pm

Lewa
Jeremies
Effenberg
Bassler
Klose

Anyone forgets Robben again and I am letting loose the ban nazi.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby MUTU » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:35 pm

tflags wrote:
Lewa
Jeremies
Effenberg
Bassler
Klose

Anyone forgets Robben again and I am letting loose the ban nazi.

Robben was indeed one of the best wingers at the time he joined. Just going by FIFA 10 ratings on release date, here are the wingers at the time:
Messi 90
Ronaldo 89
Ribery 88
David Silva 86
Robben, Robinho, Henry 85

So you could say he was a top-5ish winger.

Robben was not considered a topmost star at the time he joined, so much so that he was deemed surplus to requirements at Real Madrid. For example, in the first data release of FIFA 10, he was given a rating of 85, which is quite high but still Ribery was an 88, for example.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Previous

Return to Bundesliga