You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2017-08-18] Bayern Munich vs Bayer Leverkusen

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win
55%
It will end in a draw
18%
Bayer 04 Leverkusen will win
27%

Total votes : 11

Re: [2017-08-18] Bayern Munich vs Bayer Leverkusen

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:48 pm

Good start to the season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby lau03143 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:48 pm

Solid enough victory, team played well without complete fluidity.

A solid win to build upon.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby America USA » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:50 pm

Three points and a winning start to the BL. However it's worrying that we couldn't score a single goal from open play. That was a dreadful last thirty minutes. They had more shots on target than Bayern, a team with superior finishers would have punished us. Brandt was impressive for Leverkusen.

Vidal, Sule, Kimmich and Ulreich our best players. Lewandowski was pathetic. Once again when Müller left we looked worse. Robben was his usual self. Hummels and Rudy(despite the assist) did not have great games and lost the ball too many times.

The team is playing as if they have no ideas. Don't know when to press, how to keep possession and the counters are resulting in goals. Worrying signs these.

Btw, are Leverkusen players on drugs? They didn't get tired at all with all that pressing and running despite the heavy rain. We on the other hand looked gassed by the 80th minute.
Last edited by America USA on Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby thephalanx » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:52 pm

MOTM MULLER :mrgreen:
Bring back Van Gaal
thephalanx
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Cyprus

Postby DerKaiser » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:53 pm

America USA wrote:Three points and a winning start to the BL. However it's worrying that we couldn't score a single goal from open play. That was a dreadful last thirty minutes. They had more shots on target than Bayern, a team with superior finishers would have punished us. Brandt was impressive for Leverkusen.

Vidal, Sule, Kimmich and Ulreich our best players. Lewandowski was pathetic. Once again when Müller left we looked worse. The team is playing as if they have no ideas. Don't know when to press, how to keep possession and the counters are not finishing in goals. Worrying signs these.

Btw, are Leverkusen players on drugs? They didn't get tired at all with all that pressing and running despite the heavy rain. We on the other hand looked gassed by the 80th minute.

we looked like 3-0 up thats all......wait till next game
Statistics are like miniskirts . What they reveal is tantalizing, but what they hide is crucial.
DerKaiser
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby IsiahRashad » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:00 pm

Well,if i didn't know the result and i want to read the comments here first,i've got the feeling like Leverkusen beat us 1-3.

I want to see more teams in the Bundesliga playing against us like they did in the second half.This is the best thing that can happen to Bayern in the Bundesliga. Congratulations on Bayer for the performance.

It's not up to Bayern to change it.Five teams eye the Premier League trophy every season, three in Italy and two in Spain. However, in Germany 17 clubs declare that Bayern have no competition. This need to change at some stage. The time is now. We need this competition.

Let's get back to the game.
The positives :
1.After the Pep era we can now score from set-pieces,can you believe that ?
2.Tolisso,Süle-great debuts,Rudy was great in the first,but duo to Leverkusen high tempo-high pressing,he was more average in the second.
3.Alaba finally is looking like he realised that Bernat can take his spot.Like on national stage,the best thing that can happen inside the squad is the same thing-more competition for places.

The negatives:
1.First of all,Hummel's injury.It was looking like a minor one,but we're going to see tommorow.
2.We still need to work on our defence.
3.Ulreich needs to realise that he's not Neuer.He's waiting too much time before passing it to someone.He's doing it in the last moment,and he's putting too much presure on the man with ball.As we saw today,it is dangerous against high-pressing teams.
4.Lewandowski is misunderstanding with the people around him.It's looking like Lewa-Müller connection is not working at the moment.

And,don't forget that we're missing such important players like James,Boateng,Neuer,Martinez,Thiago and we still put a solid performance.
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby rthebest » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:03 pm

Dusel wrote:Vidal has disappeared in the 2nd half. Carlo was spot on when he said in the pre-match that he Arturo wasn't 100% yet.

He also wasn't lying when he said Muller wouldn't play winger.

We can trust Carlo's press conferences.

Vidal's strength is also his weakness. Because he is not tactically disciplined and loves to fight for every ball unless his is given clear instructions he will ran out of gas toward the end
rthebest
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Canada

Postby Dusel » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:12 pm

Tolisso MOTM for me. Sule, Ulreich, and Kimmich were also good. Vidal and Rudy were good in the first half but faded in second half.

Bayern had a good first half and were well setup for the first 45, but Ancelotti failed to adjust and respond to the changes Leverkusen made at halftime.
Dusel
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby iKIDSTER » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:14 pm

Solid one, fun to watch this kind of football. Great Tolisso debut and Vidal just a beast tackles, he made 9 and all others teammates contributed together the same amount.

Bayern xG 2.97 - xG 1.89 Bayer (https://understat.com/match/8259)

I counted 10 big chances, don't remember have I ever seen that much.
iKIDSTER
Hey, I'm new here!

Postby America USA » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:18 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:Well,if i didn't know the result and i want to read the comments here first,i've got the feeling like Leverkusen beat us 1-3.

I want to see more teams in the Bundesliga playing against us like they did in the second half.This is the best thing that can happen to Bayern in the Bundesliga. Congratulations on Bayer for the performance.

It's not up to Bayern to change it.Five teams eye the Premier League trophy every season, three in Italy and two in Spain. However, in Germany 17 clubs declare that Bayern have no competition. This need to change at some stage. The time is now. We need this competition.

Let's get back to the game.
The positives :
1.After the Pep era we can now score from set-pieces,can you believe that ?
2.Tolisso,Süle-great debuts,Rudy was great in the first,but duo to Leverkusen high tempo-high pressing,he was more average in the second.
3.Alaba finally is looking like he realised that Bernat can take his spot.Like on national stage,the best thing that can happen inside the squad is the same thing-more competition for places.

The negatives:
1.First of all,Hummel's injury.It was looking like a minor one,but we're going to see tommorow.
2.We still need to work on our defence.
3.Ulreich needs to realise that he's not Neuer.He's waiting too much time before passing it to someone.He's doing it in the last moment,and he's putting too much presure on the man with ball.As we saw today,it is dangerous against high-pressing teams.
4.Lewandowski is misunderstanding with the people around him.It's looking like Lewa-Müller connection is not working at the moment.

And,don't forget that we're missing such important players like James,Boateng,Neuer,Martinez,Thiago and we still put a solid performance.

Leverkusen's pressing in that second half was unreal. The heavy rain and all had no effect at all. They just didn't get tired! Seriously looked like a team on drugs... or maybe pumped with adrenaline and blessed with super elite level fitness.

Also let us put things in perspective.
Bayern were not able to deal with Leverkusen's ultra high press. That's a worrying thing. Real Madrid can play against similar teams and get out with the ball, we should be able to do the same. The defending was weak, every time Leverkusen came forward they looked likely to score.

Dusel wrote:Tolisso MOTM for me. Sule, Ulreich, and Kimmich were also good. Vidal and Rudy were good in the first half but faded in second half.

Bayern had a good first half and were well setup for the first 45, but Ancelotti failed to adjust and respond to the changes Leverkusen made at halftime.

I don't think so, Vidal was motm for me. Made many crucial tackles and showed strength to get the ball against some relentless high pressure from Leverkusen. Yes he was gassed by the 80th minute but that's understandable and all of our players looked gasses. Rudy lost the ball too many times in the second half and way too many careless passé. However, I think he'll get better.
Last edited by America USA on Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Roonzil » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:21 pm

Can't see tweet? Click here!

I have no idea what happened after the 10th minute... :coffee:
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I post all the time

Years of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby nhanphan1990 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:22 pm

DerKaiser wrote:
Dusel wrote:Vidal has disappeared in the 2nd half. Carlo was spot on when he said in the pre-match that he Arturo wasn't 100% yet.

Hey downporing rain sucks dude

all you weird dudes saying pre season this and that, and now after easily winning auftaktspiel first game, calm down, man I personally am so excited like never before about this team. I see the deepest team ever, and you mates will see in the group phases, no matter who we face, we will destroy them!

Fully agree with you there. A lot of people here demand too much from the team, they want perfection...this is not FIFA or PES :D
Heavy downpour's terrible for football, the field is slippery yet the ball is sticky and heavy.
It is not the strong one that wins, the one that wins is strong.

Franz Beckenbauer
nhanphan1990
Getting the hang of it

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby America USA » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:27 pm

nhanphan1990 wrote:
DerKaiser wrote:

Hey downporing rain sucks dude

all you weird dudes saying pre season this and that, and now after easily winning auftaktspiel first game, calm down, man I personally am so excited like never before about this team. I see the deepest team ever, and you mates will see in the group phases, no matter who we face, we will destroy them!

Fully agree with you there. A lot of people here demand too much from the team, they want perfection...this is not FIFA or PES :D
Heavy downpour's terrible for football, the field is slippery yet the ball is sticky and heavy.

Can't speak for the rest but I'm not demanding perfection.

So how come Leverkusen players were not phased by the rain at all? They pressed like a team possessed and when they did have the ball looked more threatening than us in that second half. So how did the rain not affect their performance?
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Coman » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:38 pm

Not a lot of thing to keep of this game.

Ulreich did amazing saves and without that we could have lot.
We were shit in build-up and possession most of the time while Leverkusen turn amazing in that part when Brandt came in.
Good game from our 3 new players.
Great game from a "he is at 80% maximum" Vidal.
Ribéry really disappointing. He missed everything.
4-3-3 = shit.
Ancelotti : boring football
Bayern 3-3-3-1 build-up under Heynckes :
Neuer - Boateng Hummels Thiago - Kimmich Vidal Alaba - Robben Müller James - Lewandowski
Neuer- Boateng Vidal Hummels- Kimmich Martinez Alaba- Robben James Ribéry- Lewandowski
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:
International Atomic Energy Agency

Postby nhanphan1990 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:15 pm

America USA wrote:Can't speak for the rest but I'm not demanding perfection.

So how come Leverkusen players were not phased by the rain at all? They pressed like a team possessed and when they did have the ball looked more threatening than us in that second half. So how did the rain not affect their performance?

One thing you didn't notice: they were trailing by 2 goals at the start of 2nd half, and 3 after 53rd minute (which I think was a soft call). They had a purpose to give it all, that purpose was to get a consolation goal (which they did, thanks to Rafinha). I admire their fighting spirit thou.
It's a long season ahead, why would the players spend all their juice for a game that kinda ended after the 53rd min? It was not a great game from us, but we got the result we wanted in the end, we were efficient. Yes the players were rusty, and at times shaky, but by no mean were they that bad to deserve some of the criticisms around here.

Cheer up and enjoy your weekend guys :D
It is not the strong one that wins, the one that wins is strong.

Franz Beckenbauer
nhanphan1990
Getting the hang of it

National Flag:
United States of America

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga