You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2016-11-26] Bayern Munich vs Bayer Leverkusen

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win
50%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Bayer 04 Leverkusen will win
50%

Total votes : 12

[2016-11-26] Bayern Munich vs Bayer Leverkusen

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:14 pm

FCB 4 EVA wrote:Some players must be out of their peak... age and all that. This is a trend that started from last season, how convincingly we got past Juve last season, right? Crossing is so yuck.

Crossing is an option (plan B or C) not a tactic any more atleast it hasn't been for past decade.[/quote]

It -pretty remarkably- worked for Pep, but it is indeed a sh!t tactic.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk[/quote]

Crossing in to the box is one of the msot effective ways of scoring there is, if it is done right. We have some of the best crossers at Bayern, what we seem to be lacking, is forward with the forethought to get to the front post. How many times did we score from Costa whipping balls in to the near post, and Lewy or Muller tapping in, there is no movement, this needs to be addressed.[/quote]

Crossing is statistically way less efficient than central play. We suck because we have no one being creative athletes the center, instead were funneling all of our balls to the left wing and putting useless crosses.

Peps crossing system worked so well because we had Lewy+Muller waiting on the box and Vidal waiting for rebounds. That was only made possible because our FBs joined in MF instead of overlapping and our two wingers were classical wingers (Coman and Costa) who are adept at crossing. Crossing is sh!t tactics and only worked because our game plan was so precisely tuned for it to work. No other coach would make it work except pep.

Only the likes of Leicester play that kind of tactics, because they don't have the quality to do otherwise, no top team plays such tactics. None.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: [2016-11-26] Bayern Munich vs Bayer Leverkusen

Postby rthebest » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:17 pm

sherpthederp wrote:
SrLuisGuilherme wrote:only issue with Hummels and Martinez defense is they're both too slow... Martinez can't be benched, so a back 3 should be considered since Lahm is also underperforming. But welp, we don't have depth for that...

If managed correctly their speed shouldn't be an issue. They have no cover in front of them so they get exposed way too easily. Having Vidal back will be massive

best CB are the ones who are good in reading the game and positioning. They don't need necessarily to be fast.
rthebest
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Canada

Postby FCB 4 EVA » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:18 pm

sherpthederp wrote:
Ziklitschli wrote:Costa at some point decided to become Robben 2 and got selfish, the problem being that he's not a tenth of a goalscorer Robben is.

I honestly can't even blame him for trying though since no one shows for him anymore. We look so stagnant in our opponents 18 now. Just waiting for the ball to come. Meanwhile Leverkusens goal came from some beautiful quick movement in the box.

It's like the commentators were saying over here, we seem too stagnant, merely waiting for someone to do something spectacular. No one seems to be taking responsibility anymore! what has happened to the quick interplay that we are capable of, yet, once we got the first goal you could see a shift in the tempo!! the mind boggles!
FCB 4 EVA
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Postby Ziklitschli » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:18 pm

SrLuisGuilherme wrote:
Coman wrote:
SrLuisGuilherme wrote:Lewandowski can only perform in the Poland jersey. I'm starting to get impatient with this...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes because it's Lewandowski fault if Ancelotti using a shitty system where he is alone all the time.

He doesn't need a handful of attacking players in Poland NT to help him. I still haven't seen a single counter attack this season that ended up well connected with him dictating it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly the opposite, he was crap in the NT as a lone striker, and became the NT monster he is when he got Milik behind him. Nowadays Poland plays 90%+ matches with 2 strikers.

Watch the last game against Romania, Lewandowski started alone up front but scored right after second striker was introduced to the game, then later won a penalty.
Ziklitschli
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

Postby JANCKER » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:20 pm

.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby FCB 4 EVA » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:21 pm

Lewandowski misses Muller beside him, he is capable of making his won goals, but he is at his best when he is linking up with others.
FCB 4 EVA
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Postby JANCKER » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:23 pm

This possession thing is too predictable for everyone without unpredictable players.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby FCB 4 EVA » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:24 pm

JANCKER wrote:This possession thing is too predictable without unpredictable players.

It works when you've got Messi etc, but when you have a proper team, you have to mix it up more.
FCB 4 EVA
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
England

Postby JANCKER » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:26 pm

We lose the ball and we lose our fooking mind...
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby FCB 4 EVA » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:27 pm

I don't want to be bashing this team, I have faith that we will sort this out, this was a crucial win, and once players get back to fitness, Javi/vidal etc, we will dominate again! plus, we have Uli back now, time to look ahead to good times :)
FCB 4 EVA
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
England

Postby JANCKER » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:29 pm

The referee apologised to Leverkusen coach Roger Schmidt saying he should have awarded them a penalty
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby MaCk0y » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:32 pm

What about our penalty?
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby SrLuisGuilherme » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:34 pm

MaCk0y wrote:What about our penalty?

elbow on Javi?
CARLO RAUS
SrLuisGuilherme
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby rthebest » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:35 pm

JANCKER wrote:This possession thing is too predictable for everyone without unpredictable players.

what do you call possession football? Treble winning Bayern,Barca,Klopp's Liverpool,Tuchel's BVB and LVG's United is/was playing possession football. you can even say Leverkusen is kinda playing possession football. But do/did all these teams play similar football? No
rthebest
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Canada

Postby sherpthederp » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:40 pm

FCB 4 EVA wrote:
sherpthederp wrote:
Ziklitschli wrote:Costa at some point decided to become Robben 2 and got selfish, the problem being that he's not a tenth of a goalscorer Robben is.

I honestly can't even blame him for trying though since no one shows for him anymore. We look so stagnant in our opponents 18 now. Just waiting for the ball to come. Meanwhile Leverkusens goal came from some beautiful quick movement in the box.

It's like the commentators were saying over here, we seem too stagnant, merely waiting for someone to do something spectacular. No one seems to be taking responsibility anymore! what has happened to the quick interplay that we are capable of, yet, once we got the first goal you could see a shift in the tempo!! the mind boggles!

It so frustrating when teams with far less individual quality and ability to read the game, play much better link up football then us lol. Brandt and Calhanoglu of all people smoked us, and then we play all slow with Müller Lewy and Costa who could be wreaking havoc in a better system. Laughable.
sherpthederp
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga