You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2016-11-26] Bayern Munich vs Bayer Leverkusen

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win
50%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Bayer 04 Leverkusen will win
50%

Total votes : 12

Re: [2016-11-26] Bayern Munich vs Bayer Leverkusen

Postby Achilles » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:47 pm

3-4-2-1
----------- Neuer -----------
Boateng--- Javi --- Hummels
Kimmich-Vidal-Thiago-Alaba
----- Robben --- Muller -----
------ Lewandowski ------

4-4-2
Lahm-Boa-Hummels-Alaba
-------- Martinez ----------
--- Robben ----- Vidal -----
--------- Thiago -----------
-- Muller-- Lewandowski

4-2-3-1
Kimmich-Boa--Mats-Alaba
----- Vidal -- Javi ---------
Robben -- Muller -- Costa

So many options, what a waste & stubborness!
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby sherpthederp » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:49 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
sherpthederp wrote:
SrLuisGuilherme wrote:only issue with Hummels and Martinez defense is they're both too slow... Martinez can't be benched, so a back 3 should be considered since Lahm is also underperforming. But welp, we don't have depth for that...

If managed correctly their speed shouldn't be an issue. They have no cover in front of them so they get exposed way too easily. Having Vidal back will be massive

And dropping alonso

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Come on now, your asking for too much now lol, baby steps my friend.
sherpthederp
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:53 pm

rthebest wrote:
JANCKER wrote:
rthebest wrote:[quote="JANCKER"]
I like to credit the past work that's been done in the club... I credit a bit even LvG for 2013.

if this Carlo is so much better then why we are playing worse and why he is insisting on crossing the ball?

Some players must be out of their peak... age and all that. This is a trend that started from last season, how convincingly we got past Juve last season, right? Crossing is so yuck.

Crossing is an option (plan B or C) not a tactic any more atleast it hasn't been for past decade.[/quote]

It -pretty remarkably- worked for Pep, but it is indeed a sh!t tactic.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Postby Pelin » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:57 pm

Not a convincing win. Another game showed us we have no future with 4-3-3 and Alonso And we should limit Lahm's playing time.
Pelin
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby FCB 4 EVA » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:57 pm

Some players must be out of their peak... age and all that. This is a trend that started from last season, how convincingly we got past Juve last season, right? Crossing is so yuck.[/quote]
Crossing is an option (plan B or C) not a tactic any more atleast it hasn't been for past decade.[/quote]

It -pretty remarkably- worked for Pep, but it is indeed a sh!t tactic.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk[/quote]

Crossing in to the box is one of the msot effective ways of scoring there is, if it is done right. We have some of the best crossers at Bayern, what we seem to be lacking, is forward with the forethought to get to the front post. How many times did we score from Costa whipping balls in to the near post, and Lewy or Muller tapping in, there is no movement, this needs to be addressed.
Last edited by FCB 4 EVA on Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FCB 4 EVA
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Postby rthebest » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:57 pm

FCB 4 EVA wrote:Watching this game in England is so frustrating, the commentators can't wait to have one dig after another at the Bayern defence, at one point suggesting Hummels was lacking confidence, and its time to start playing youngsters at the back. None of these players lack self belief, they are all winners, the media can't handle this, and I think they like to see Bayern "struggling" and enjoy poking holes and creating problems where there aren't any. #-o #-o I cant wait until we start firing again, they can all suck it! :evil:

The worst pundit in my opinion is Steve Nicol from ESPN. He just can't hide how much he hates German teams and players.
rthebest
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Canada

Postby FCB 4 EVA » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:59 pm

rthebest wrote:
FCB 4 EVA wrote:Watching this game in England is so frustrating, the commentators can't wait to have one dig after another at the Bayern defence, at one point suggesting Hummels was lacking confidence, and its time to start playing youngsters at the back. None of these players lack self belief, they are all winners, the media can't handle this, and I think they like to see Bayern "struggling" and enjoy poking holes and creating problems where there aren't any. #-o #-o I cant wait until we start firing again, they can all suck it! :evil:

The worst pundit in my opinion is Steve Nicol from ESPN. He just can't hide how much he hates German teams and players.

I don't know why these kind of commentators are employed to talk about these games, you can tell when certain commentators have an agenda, and honestly i fee like muting them, go **** off and kiss the arse of Barca.
FCB 4 EVA
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Postby rthebest » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:01 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:It -pretty remarkably- worked for Pep, but it is indeed a sh!t tactic.

cannot agree more.
rthebest
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Canada

Postby sherpthederp » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:01 pm

FCB 4 EVA wrote:Crossing in to the box is one of the msot effective ways of scoring there is, if it is done right. We have some of the best crossers at Bayern, what we seem to be lacking, is forward with the forethought to get to the front post. How many times did we score from Costa whipping balls in to the near post, and Lewy or Muller tapping in, there is no movement, this needs to be addressed.

Costa's low hard crosses last season were so effective, someone was always making that diagonal run to the near post and finding them. This year our crosses have all been lobs from Alaba to the penalty spot, where we only have Lewy isolated with 2 CBs covering him every time.
sherpthederp
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby rthebest » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:05 pm

FCB 4 EVA wrote:
Crossing in to the box is one of the msot effective ways of scoring there is, if it is done right. We have some of the best crossers at Bayern, what we seem to be lacking, is forward with the forethought to get to the front post. How many times did we score from Costa whipping balls in to the near post, and Lewy or Muller tapping in, there is no movement, this needs to be addressed.

I am not against effective low crosses or , squaring the ball , or pulling back the ball as you said it has to done correctly, by some over lap play, running behind defenders etc.. we are mostly talking about high crosses that can easily be cleared by CBs.
rthebest
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Canada

Postby FCB 4 EVA » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:06 pm

sherpthederp wrote:
FCB 4 EVA wrote:Crossing in to the box is one of the msot effective ways of scoring there is, if it is done right. We have some of the best crossers at Bayern, what we seem to be lacking, is forward with the forethought to get to the front post. How many times did we score from Costa whipping balls in to the near post, and Lewy or Muller tapping in, there is no movement, this needs to be addressed.

Costa's low hard crosses last season were so effective, someone was always making that diagonal run to the near post and finding them. This year our crosses have all been lobs from Alaba to the penalty spot, where we only have Lewy isolated with 2 CBs covering him every time.

I hate floated crosses, they very rarely result in a goal, because the strikers are outnumbered sometimes 3/1, we need to start making these runs to meet Costas low crosses, he's not doing anything wrong right now, but once more, his team mates aren't making themselves available.
FCB 4 EVA
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
England

Postby Ziklitschli » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:09 pm

Costa at some point decided to become Robben 2 and got selfish, the problem being that he's not a tenth of a goalscorer Robben is.
Ziklitschli
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

Postby FCB 4 EVA » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:11 pm

Ziklitschli wrote:Costa at some point decided to become Robben 2 and got selfish, the problem being that he's not a tenth of a goalscorer Robben is.

I don't mind him trying shots when he cuts inside, he will obviously have had lessons from the great man, they can only get better :wink:
FCB 4 EVA
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
England

Postby rthebest » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:12 pm

Achilles wrote:3-4-2-1
Boateng--- Javi --- Hummels
Kimmich-Vidal-Thiago-Alaba
----- Robben --- Muller -----

4-4-2
Lahm-Boa-Hummels-Alaba
-------- Martinez ----------
--- Robben ----- Vidal -----
--------- Thiago -----------
-- Muller-- Lewandowski

4-2-3-1
Kimmich-Boa--Mats-Alaba
----- Vidal -- Javi ---------
Robben -- Muller -- Costa

So many options, what a waste & stubborness!

yes , any of these variation can be used depending on the opponent Bayern is facing but Ancelloti is an old fashion coach who stuck in 90s.
Last edited by rthebest on Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rthebest
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Canada

Postby sherpthederp » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:12 pm

Ziklitschli wrote:Costa at some point decided to become Robben 2 and got selfish, the problem being that he's not a tenth of a goalscorer Robben is.

I honestly can't even blame him for trying though since no one shows for him anymore. We look so stagnant in our opponents 18 now. Just waiting for the ball to come. Meanwhile Leverkusens goal came from some beautiful quick movement in the box.
sherpthederp
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga