You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2016-11-26] Bayern Munich vs Bayer Leverkusen

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win
50%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Bayer 04 Leverkusen will win
50%

Total votes : 12

Re: [2016-11-26] Bayern Munich vs Bayer Leverkusen

Postby FCB 4 EVA » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:34 pm

sherpthederp wrote:
FCB 4 EVA wrote:
sherpthederp wrote:Probably the worst win of the season yet... it's honestly hard to be happy when I know nothing will change because of a "positive" result.

Well go away then, if you can't be happy at a win, you don't belong here.

I didn't say I wasn't happy, I definitely am. I'm just worried that because of a scrappy win Carlo will have even more faith and stubbornness in using his 433. Just looking at the bigger picture.

I want that too, but I have to have faith also that even if we don't change, our players can adapt, each win will breathe more confidence.
FCB 4 EVA
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Postby sherpthederp » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:35 pm

FCB 4 EVA wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:Javi risked it big there....
But what a warrior!

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

i have faith Javi and Hummels will get a good partnership working again, good start today, that challenge shows what a beast Martinez is.

Until Boateng can prove himself I honestly think Javi and Hummels would be our CB pairing. No player is bigger than the club and when we have a winning combo in the back, we shouldn't change it.
sherpthederp
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby FCB 4 EVA » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:35 pm

Achilles wrote:Positive result but a bad performance, supposed to be ruthless today and bounch back, clearly not the case!

Hummels the best(again!) along with super Kimmich who must occupy the RB position from Lahm.

Many things must change, system, players,attitude on the pitch but above all THE MIDFIELD! Alonso + Thiago is uber sh!t!

I might be on my own in this, but should we be dropping Lahm, his passing does not seem to be at his usual level, losing the ball in dangerous areas, playing Kimmich there should be an option surely.
FCB 4 EVA
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Postby FCB 4 EVA » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:37 pm

sherpthederp wrote:
FCB 4 EVA wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:Javi risked it big there....
But what a warrior!

i have faith Javi and Hummels will get a good partnership working again, good start today, that challenge shows what a beast Martinez is.

Until Boateng can prove himself I honestly think Javi and Hummels would be our CB pairing. No player is bigger than the club and when we have a winning combo in the back, we shouldn't change it.

Boateng needs to get back to basics, he is overcomplicating things, and his head doesn't look screwed on, Javi was our best defender prior to his injury. As such an avid believer that Javi should be in our midfield, our defence is the place for him right now.
FCB 4 EVA
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
England

Postby Bentonomo » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:37 pm

Bench lahm and alonso.

Always wonderful to watch Javi play, no spanish player in bayern is on his level.
Bentonomo
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Mexico

Postby sherpthederp » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:38 pm

Bentonomo wrote:Bench lahm and alonso.

Always wonderful to watch Javi play, no spanish player in bayern is on his level.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sherpthederp
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby FCB 4 EVA » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:39 pm

Thiago is on par with him skill wise, when he drops his shoulder he can run past 2/3 defenders, but there is no one running in front of him.
FCB 4 EVA
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
England

Postby SrLuisGuilherme » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:39 pm

only issue with Hummels and Martinez defense is they're both too slow... Martinez can't be benched, so a back 3 should be considered since Lahm is also underperforming. But welp, we don't have depth for that...
CARLO RAUS
SrLuisGuilherme
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby FCB 4 EVA » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:41 pm

sherpthederp wrote:

We definitely need to keep Muller away from the wings, and get him linking up with Lewy again.
FCB 4 EVA
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
England

Postby sherpthederp » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:41 pm

FCB 4 EVA wrote:

Thiago is on par with him skill wise, when he drops his shoulder he can run past 2/3 defenders, but there is no one running in front of him.

Too true, he wins a couple challenges and dribbles like 3 people and no one comes up to link with him. Same with Costa and take ons, no one has enough confidence in their teammates to make the run and show for them.
sherpthederp
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MillaMjau » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:42 pm

A huge win after all the difficulties, hopefully does wonders to players' confidence. First half was weak but on the second we showed more fighting spirit. Let's keep building on that! Weiter immer weiter!

Javi.
Das Runde muss ins Eckige!
MillaMjau
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Finland
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby sherpthederp » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:44 pm

SrLuisGuilherme wrote:only issue with Hummels and Martinez defense is they're both too slow... Martinez can't be benched, so a back 3 should be considered since Lahm is also underperforming. But welp, we don't have depth for that...

If managed correctly their speed shouldn't be an issue. They have no cover in front of them so they get exposed way too easily. Having Vidal back will be massive
sherpthederp
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby FCB 4 EVA » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:45 pm

sherpthederp wrote:
FCB 4 EVA wrote:

Too true, he wins a couple challenges and dribbles like 3 people and no one comes up to link with him. Same with Costa and take ons, no one has enough confidence in their teammates to make the run and show for them.

it baffles me, of course it doesn't help because of the system we are playing, no one is ahead of Thiago. We need muller in front of him to link with Lewy, and we need Kimmich to be backing up Costa, making runs to pull off defenders.
FCB 4 EVA
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
England

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:46 pm

sherpthederp wrote:
SrLuisGuilherme wrote:only issue with Hummels and Martinez defense is they're both too slow... Martinez can't be benched, so a back 3 should be considered since Lahm is also underperforming. But welp, we don't have depth for that...

If managed correctly their speed shouldn't be an issue. They have no cover in front of them so they get exposed way too easily. Having Vidal back will be massive

And dropping alonso

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB 4 EVA » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:47 pm

sherpthederp wrote:

Where are we, England, you don't HAVE to be blessed with pace, they can read the game well enough without it. What is needed, as was said, is cover in front of the defence, no defenders in the world can look dominant without protection from the midfield, Vidal is the master at being an out ball for the centre backs.
FCB 4 EVA
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
England

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga