You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2012-10-28] Bayern Munich vs Bayer 04 Leverkusen

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win
90%
It will end in a draw
5%
Bayer 04 Leverkusen will win
5%

Total votes : 20

Re: [2012-10-28] Bayern Munich vs Bayer 04 Leverkusen

Postby dambun » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:37 pm

I don't think there is anyone who argues against the fact that it was a very unlucky day for us... both in the way we conceded the goals and the way we didn't score many goals.... But it doesn't mean that we were flawless... and we have to discuss them with a cooler frame of mind...

Many have discussed our famously-known weakness in set pieces, cross and corners... and it's true, had we been even a little bit better than we are in these areas, we would have probably left the game with a victory.... But I want to turn my focus to another issue within our team... which IMO is of more importance.... and that is LACK OF ROTATION!

It has been said right from the start of season that we have a very very deep squad with a lot of quality players... and that we won't have a fixed starting squad this year and all will get their time and so and so.... But what actually happened was different from what we claimed... At first, it was like we have a 11-man squad, with only 3 players (a not so fit Martinez, Shaqiri, Pizza) sometimes replacing some of the starting players... But as the season goes forward in time, we saw that the rotation policy almost completely faded...

IMO now we have a tired starting lineup that has played so many matches in succession, and we have a bunch of untried reserve players who have not seen competitive match action for a long time...

One might say... Leverkusen's situation was worse: they had 2 less days to rest and regenerate for this match... Problem is, almost all our internationals are regulars with their NTs... so it's not just the 3 games of the last week... Its' 3 games + 2 NT games + 7 games in 3 weeks before that... Most of our players haven't had a proper rest to regenerate physically and mentally for the past 1.5-2 months... And I believe this is a key factor... it makes the players' performances drop from 100% to like 90%... and this last few percents are always decisive... it prevents a player from using an opportunity... it makes another player having a very short delay in sending a pass, hence preventing a clear-cut chance to be created... and it makes another player not being fully-focused in deflecting a ball, hence missing it and creating a goal for the opponent as we've seen with Lahm today...

Many of our players lacked that few percents today... some less and some more... and even though we've totally owned our opponents most of the game because of our superior class, we were not as good as we used to be, and IMO that was the main thing that caused this result... that's probably exactly why we feel we were extremely unlucky... maybe because we lacked those extra few percents...

Jupp had enough chance to rotate his team... we didn't need to play with all our internationals against Duesseldorf for example... many of our bench players have the class/quality to play and defeat such teams... But we failed to use them and rest the others, which is IMO the most important reason behind our "unlucky" defeat.
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby AvatarX » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:40 pm

MUTU wrote:
Commodore wrote:We played fairly well. Heynckes showed balls. The team showed balls. Neuer is BOSS.

Winning mentality? :P

Thats why no one really complaining. We lost but at least we felt fighting.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby BMpenang » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:41 pm

It's always strange and mystical that whenever a team sets a new record in a league,Ends up drawing or losing their next game most of the time.
Anyway,We played well enough but we lost because simply because luck and a man named leno.
I always wanted JH to make more brave moves and he did today so i am glad with that as we still played quite well.
This kind of result early in the season is better than late in the season even though i would have preferred us to lose at away rather than at home in the league.
I think JH should seriously consider playing 2 up front when needed rather than taking out one forward for another as we can see the goal was scored after pizarro came in to join mandzukic up front.
Pizarro,mandzukic and gomez are all good headers and with the amount of crosses that comes in from the wing,I believe two hitmans would be much better to finish it off.
BMpenang
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:02 am

Instant classic

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby michel » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:37 am

What to make of this game? The team can't be blamed. Bad luck had more to do with the result than effort.
Publisher of Bayern Central
michel
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MoFattal » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:31 am

So, the distrubing Sunday games continue. Well, some games are not meant to be won, and this was one of those. Hopefully, we will not see more of it this season.

Damn, Bayern owes me some lousy vacation time for the distrubance :P
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby spotman » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:18 am

ballackfcb wrote:
Commodore wrote:
MUTU wrote:Cool it dude, you are being way too obscene and offensive.

He's insulting a player based on the color of his skin. Sorry, if I'm not overly friendly to him.

So you are happy Ribery got injured then? You are happy Drogba scored and won cl?

Win dirty, lose dirty it is the mentality of the scum(BVB) and they have won the league for the last two years.
What have bayern won, nothing as we play too friendly. Bayern need to show some aggression and use any means necessary to win games.

You're an idiot. You realize we have non white players in our squad right?! And you realise that bayern fans are known as anti-racists right? Find a new club.... Trust me, nobody wants ignorant twats like you as fans.
MIA SAN MIA
spotman
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Canada

Postby BayernLove » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:42 am

First game I missed (travelling), first loss. :( Oh! You can imagine Sidney Sam just BLAZE past Baddy to score :(.
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby AssemFCB » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:31 am

This is exactly what I meant, if we screw up against our bogey team next week our lead over BVB will be halved. I only watched the last 20 minutes, but honestly I would have settled for a draw and a 6 point lead. Bringing on Pizarro would have won us the match had it not been for the post. Time to rest some players in the Pokal.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:08 am

MoFattal wrote:So, the distrubing Sunday games continue. Well, some games are not meant to be won, and this was one of those. Hopefully, we will not see more of it this season.

I was saying the same, however a quick look at the past fixtures showed a different story: 02.09.12 a big home win vs Stuttgard 6-1 (after we went behind!)

But still I hate Saturdays and Sundays late evening matches - by the way next Sat is HSV @ 18.30!
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby AssemFCB » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:15 am

ramsej84 wrote:
MoFattal wrote:So, the distrubing Sunday games continue. Well, some games are not meant to be won, and this was one of those. Hopefully, we will not see more of it this season.

I was saying the same, however a quick look at the past fixtures showed a different story: 02.09.12 a big home win vs Stuttgard 6-1 (after we went behind!)

But still I hate Saturdays and Sundays late evening matches - by the way next Sat is HSV @ 18.30!

It's actually a regular afternoon game.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:16 am

03.11.2012 18:30 Hamburger SV - FC Bayern München
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:35 am

I'm really surprised we are discussing this when we have a fixtures page at fixtures.php with the comfort of showing everyone the match time in their OS timezone!
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:44 pm

quaazi wrote:Good show of (figuratively speaking) balls from Heynckes to take Schweini off. He and Kroos didn't offer anything today.

On a par with Bild's rating. Schewini and Kroos both with the lowest points. Bastian for missing way too many passes, Kroos for, well, not showing up [first half I guess.]

I think Heynckes had one mistake IMHO on the starting lineup. I think bringing in Alaba as LW after a long injury spell proved he didn't create that many chances from his end. If anything he should have been back at full back; his most recent proven spot. Don Jupp did make it up by going all in; HECK of a game for Pizarro, an assist and a post. We were SO DAMN close to doing a comeback.

Damn Lahm is so good at stoping the ball cold under his feet after a fast sprint; why didn't he do that on that first goal blunder. Boateng and Dante were solid to me; just too f*cking unlucky.

Was this the best game of the season for Neuer? Hard to tell right? I mean, did he play in the other 8? If there was one thing as a MOTM for us this game, Neuer first, Pizza a distanced second.

Well, hopefully we learned Shaq is probably our better alternative for Ribs. And can somebody please hand Kroos his coffee mug BEFORE the first half?
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby silberkreuz » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:16 pm

michel wrote:What to make of this game? The team can't be blamed. Bad luck had more to do with the result than effort.

Chance favors the prepared mind
Louis Pasteur

Our tactics were off completely. There was an insistence on playing lack-lustre crosses into the box, which were easy to defend, and trying to go through the middle. The wings were not properly used at all.

If anything, Bayer were unlucky. they should have scored 2 more goals against us in the second half before we managed to get the equaliser.
They got their tactics spot on. Defend heavily and attack on the counter. Once more, just like Chelsea, just like BATE Borisov, we were completely unable to do anything about it. Jupp should have figured out some way to try to get around it by now, but instead he carried on as per.
I'm not saying I could have done better, but I'm not being paid millions to do so.
We have to do better, or else we are going to get this kind of thing from every mid table club we come up against in the BuLi.
silberkreuz
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga