You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2006-09-23] Bayern Munich vs Alemannia Aachen [V]

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for the match?

Poll ended at Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:07 am

Bayern Munich win
80%
Draw
10%
Alemannia Aachen win
10%

Total votes : 10

Postby Sabik » Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:38 pm

van Bommel has played well.
Pizarro after his announcement of having several offers of foreign top teams, also successfully.
At the end we had some luck because it was no offside from Noll, but all the same ^^
central issue: three points :lol:
Sabik
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby podolski4life » Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:55 pm

Yeah, we're top of the table right now. We'll see where it goes after Nurnberg plays tomorrow.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:38 am

Last edited by MUTU on Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby kevh26 » Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:27 am

if pizzaro does leave, I think judging from Roque's recent performances, it won't hit us that hard, I'm really enjoying seeing Santa Cruz playing just off the front two, his positional play and build-up work has been excellent
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:31 am

I'm still not convinced about Santa Cruz. I'd rather have Karimi in the hole behind the strikers. I think he did pretty well in the 15 minutes he had to play (when the rest of the Bayern players were taking it easy to reserve their energies)
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby kevh26 » Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:42 am

I'm actually more skeptical about Ali Karimi, I really don't think he's up to Bayern standards, and at the time we signed him, there was gossip about the transfer being purely for business reasons... ie, increase revenue from shirt sales, sponsorships etc in the middle east, a relatively untapped market.
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:51 am

I believe the guy possesses huge potential. He's been unable to show it up to now, with lack of fitness, opportunity and an injury. But occasionally he's shown flashes of why he's called the Asian Maradona.

Yesterday he came on during the last 15 minutes and submitted 4 fouls. The other players had him in check.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby BMike86 » Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:10 pm

MUTU wrote:I believe the guy possesses huge potential. He's been unable to show it up to now, with lack of fitness, opportunity and an injury. But occasionally he's shown flashes of why he's called the Asian Maradona.

Yesterday he came on during the last 15 minutes and submitted 4 fouls. The other players had him in check.

I think he has the potential but he needs to proove it in Europe first where a loan to Salzburg might be what he needs, by facing lesser competition and playing the position he likes to play on the pitch. At Bayern it was tough to give him a spot to mess around with and try to get used to for a while because if you are on the pitch at Bayern results are expected no matter what. The World Cup didnt help him at all either...if anything it just lowered his stock at times.
BMike86
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby bm72 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:11 am

I really do beleive Dos Santos has a lot to offer Bayern, but he does not get enough playing time !!
BAYERN 4EVER
bm72
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby MUTU » Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:26 am

BMike86 wrote:I think he has the potential but he needs to proove it in Europe first where a loan to Salzburg might be what he needs, by facing lesser competition and playing the position he likes to play on the pitch. At Bayern it was tough to give him a spot to mess around with and try to get used to for a while because if you are on the pitch at Bayern results are expected no matter what. The World Cup didnt help him at all either...if anything it just lowered his stock at times.

The problem is that Magath doesn't work with rotation. So you have some players who always play, and other which never play. Then when you have injuries, you've got to play the guy who's sorely missing match practice, and he's unlikely to look good and work his way into the first team.

Hitzfeld used to rotate his players around. Karimi and Dos Santos would have been given a decent chance to prove themselves under Hitzfeld. And so would Hashemian been given.

If we loan Karimi out, we might not have enough strength-in-depth for when injuries strike. I'd occasionally play them with the reserves at least, so as to give them the match practice they need, else they're not going to look sharp whenever they come on in the last 10 minutes.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Mirage » Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:06 pm

Good game yesterday, we won woo. We're gonna need to play better for Inter on Wednesday tho :/ That was just comfortable on Saturday.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Previous

Return to Bundesliga