You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2012-09-15] Bayern Munich vs 1. FSV Mainz 05

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win
100%
It will end in a draw
No votes
1. FSV Mainz 05 will win
No votes

Total votes : 30

Re: [2012-09-15] Bayern Munich vs 1. FSV Mainz 05

Postby mahoni » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:23 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:What I mean is that if our players play their best, there is no reason why we should lose against Mainz. They won't outplay us unless our players decide to have an off day.

I disagree. The last 2 years we allways had problems against "tactical strong" teams (remember Hannover, Dortmund, Mainz - they are probably tactical the strongest in BL - much stronger then we are). Against Schalke or Bremen I would be much more relaxed. They are tactical not that strong and compact. Of course they will not outplay us but small teams with a closeness can be much more dangerous then qualitativly better ones.
Anyway ... I hope you are right and I´m not. :mrgreen:

By the way. I think the reason why we lost against Chelsea was exactly this compact and discilinate tactic they palyed all 120 min long. They drove the guys over the edge so they wasn´t concentrated enough anymore for the penaties.
mahoni
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:35 pm

I think, although you might disagree, that the only ones who outsmarted and outplayed us were Dortmund, for several reasons. They were better tactically, they had a psychological advantage, we always seem scared against them. Also I do not think that the difference in quality between the two teams is as big as some make it out to be.

Regarding teams like Hannover, Mainz and Chelsea... it is in a way related to their tactics, but I think the main problem was not the tactic itself but Bayern having no clue how to play against that, which was a fault of our coaching staff. In certain games, like Chelsea, it was directly the players fault for missing many chances.

Another team which you might say outsmarted us is Gladbach I guess, but Neuer gifted them two crucial goals.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby AssemFCB » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:04 pm

Shaqiri should start, Mainz's high pressing, energetic game leads to a lot of fouls and he's our best shooter. He's also an awesome RW.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby lau03143 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:06 pm

If Robben is even remotely injured, I say just rest him and quick Shaqiri in his place for the game.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:18 pm

Everyone seems to be forgetting about Muller?!?!?
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby BayernLove » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:20 pm

What, we're not playing KROOS are we?
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby mahoni » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:30 pm

BayernLove wrote:What, we're not playing KROOS are we?

I think Kroos is for sure playing and probably also Müller except Heynckes want to give him a rest for Valencia.
I would say if everything is going the right way so Shaq will come the 2nd half for Ribery and later Pizza for Mario and Javi for BS31.
mahoni
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:18 pm

I think it's very likely that both Kroos and Muller start, and they deserve it. Muller has been in top form and Kroos has played well at CAM in the last 2 games. Like everyone I'd also like to see Shaqiri start but I don't think it will happen, unless Heynckes decides to bench both Ribery and Robben.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:34 pm

I think Muller can do well with a rest before the Valencia game. After all, he really put in a lot of effort during the past week with the NT. This would also give Shaq the chance to prove his worth and show us how much we can expect of him later on in the season when things get rough.

Judging by the previous games, I think Gustavo earned his starting role for Saturday. It might be a psychological blow for him if he was benched for Martinez, especially since the latter hasn't yet settled in 100%. Martinez will most probably be our starting DM later on in the season, so I think it is better for JH to show Gustavo some more support for the time being.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:54 am

MoFattal wrote:I think Muller can do well with a rest before the Valencia game. After all, he really put in a lot of effort during the past week with the NT. This would also give Shaq the chance to prove his worth and show us how much we can expect of him later on in the season when things get rough.

Judging by the previous games, I think Gustavo earned his starting role for Saturday. It might be a psychological blow for him if he was benched for Martinez, especially since the latter hasn't yet settled in 100%. Martinez will most probably be our starting DM later on in the season, so I think it is better for JH to show Gustavo some more support for the time being.

I completely agree, it wud do Muller good to get some rest after playing to NT games and as for Gustavo that wud also help his morale a lot so he doesnt feel that Martinez was brought him to send him to the bench(even tho we kno thats true) he still has a chance to prove to Jupp and everyone on Bayern Munich that he can be a world class player
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby sooperdice » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:47 am

Yeah I doubt Martinez will start. But jupp will probably ease him into a starting role but giving him more minutes each game.

Anyways hope for Mueller to start at rw and bring in shaq in the second half.

Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk
sooperdice
Getting the hang of it

Postby Bazi » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:27 am

AssemFCB wrote:Shaqiri should start, Mainz's high pressing, energetic game leads to a lot of fouls and he's our best shooter. He's also an awesome RW.

The direct counter argument would be that Shaqiri still loses the ball too often going forward which would be dangerous considering our opponents strength at counter attacks. So I'd rather go with Müller to be honest.
Bazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby smaw2010 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:09 am

Muller should be rested and Shaqiri should start for this match. We need Muller for Valencia.

Against Mainz

Ribery - Kroos - Shaqiri

Against Valencia

Ribery(sub Kroos on later) - Muller - Robben
smaw2010
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Commodore » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:06 am

Robben und Ribéry brechen Training ab
(Robben and Ribéry abort Traning)

Both Robben and Ribéry aborted the training yesterday with pain in their thighs and for today both are questionable. Looks like we could be seeing more of Shaqiri today than we had hoped. Or at least for reasons other than the ones we had hoped for.

Damn, we are getting shafted by the fottball injury gods this year. :(
"There are two things I am afraid of: War and Oliver Kahn."

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby quaazi » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:10 am

Well balls. We can manage Mainz but will they be back for Valencia?
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga