You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2012-09-15] Bayern Munich vs 1. FSV Mainz 05

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win
100%
It will end in a draw
No votes
1. FSV Mainz 05 will win
No votes

Total votes : 30

Re: [2012-09-15] Bayern Munich vs 1. FSV Mainz 05

Postby mahoni » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:55 pm

I fear the worst for saturday. Tuchel is knowing exactly how to play (and to win) against us. So if the guys are not really willing (and "just playin") it could end in a terrible weekend... I hope the best that this will not ocrur to us.
mahoni
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Jorge » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:57 pm

Bazi wrote:
ballackfcb wrote:Lahm won't play left back and Rafinha is a woeful left back if I recall our 09/10 game against Schalke correctly so I expect one of these formations:
Neuer
Lahm-Boateng-Badstuber/Dante-Gustavo/Badstuber
Martínez-Schweinsteiger
Robben-Kroos-Ribéry
Mandzukic

Interesting line-up:

1) You have Muller (Bayern best player so far this season) not as a starter.
2) You have Robben recovering from an illness as a starter, on the other hand he looked disconnected from the team when he played.
3) You have Martinez who no one expects to be fully engaged with the team system paired with Schweinsteiger in central midfield and Bastian himself is not yet at his best
4) You have Gustavo as a choice for CB when Bayern has 3 better options for that position (Dante, Badstuber and Boateng) and the whole idea of buying Dante was to stop the experiments from recent seasons. Why should we move Gustavo out of CDM?
5) You have Badstuber as a LB against a counter-attacking team.

IMO, Gustavo should start next to Schweinsteiger and Muller wide on the right wing (you do not chnage what worked). Then bring Martinez in at the 60 min mark for either Scweinsteiger or Kroos and Robben for Kroos, Ribery or Muller (if you want to rest him)

We need Martinez and Robben to be at their best but not at the expense of disrupting the rhythm of our in-shape players. So, 30-25 min for them in this game should be enough.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby mahoni » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:30 pm

What do you guys expect from the match on saturday (except for how should be the formation)?
mahoni
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Bazi » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:59 pm

Jorge wrote:
Bazi wrote:
ballackfcb wrote:Lahm won't play left back and Rafinha is a woeful left back if I recall our 09/10 game against Schalke correctly so I expect one of these formations:
Neuer
Lahm-Boateng-Badstuber/Dante-Gustavo/Badstuber
Martínez-Schweinsteiger
Robben-Kroos-Ribéry
Mandzukic

Interesting line-up:

1) You have Muller (Bayern best player so far this season) not as a starter.
2) You have Robben recovering from an illness as a starter, on the other hand he looked disconnected from the team when he played.
3) You have Martinez who no one expects to be fully engaged with the team system paired with Schweinsteiger in central midfield and Bastian himself is not yet at his best
4) You have Gustavo as a choice for CB when Bayern has 3 better options for that position (Dante, Badstuber and Boateng) and the whole idea of buying Dante was to stop the experiments from recent seasons. Why should we move Gustavo out of CDM?
5) You have Badstuber as a LB against a counter-attacking team.

IMO, Gustavo should start next to Schweinsteiger and Muller wide on the right wing (you do not chnage what worked). Then bring Martinez in at the 60 min mark for either Scweinsteiger or Kroos and Robben for Kroos, Ribery or Muller (if you want to rest him)

We need Martinez and Robben to be at their best but not at the expense of disrupting the rhythm of our in-shape players. So, 30-25 min for them in this game should be enough.

Firstly it's all my personal view, my opinion on the matter, so please don't get so agitated. It's bothersome and rude.

1. Müller played very effectively against Stuttgart. No question about it but Robben stays our starting RW because Heynckes sees him as our starting RW and that's all that matters.
2. At the time I wrote this formation Robben was fine. So please check your facts before take a piss on me. Should you mean this cold two weeks ago then that seriously doesn't disrupt your flow of training that much. Robben himself said that he felt great physically and Heynckes always entrusted the Dutchman on the right wing. So a fit Robben will play in the starting lineup on the right wing. All that simple.
3. Martinez and Schweinsteiger had 2 weeks of training together at Säbener Straße, they have the media pressure to show this 40m € transfer to the League and. So Yeah, thats pretty much a viable option. Perhaps Gustavo will start and Martínez will only be subbed but I can't say that this option is more likely than the other.
4. Please, please READ Correctly where the "-" is and where the "/" is. It makes a huger difference. It's Badstuber OR Dante as LCB and it is Gustavo OR Badstuber as LB. No Gustavo as CB whatsoever. Funny enough you criticize me for Badstuber as LB in your next point but meanwhile you wonder WHY I switched Gustavo to LB as my first choice. Logic?
5. As it looks. For now Badstuber seems our #1 options as LB. We don't KNOW more so please. Don't bitch about it because it is a viable option. The other one being Gustavo for the moment because Contento isn't match fit and Alaba still in recovery.
Bazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby AdepT » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:14 pm

I believe Martinez should get more playing time around this time. I'd say around 45 mins. The guy has experience against Valencia and you don't want your only player who has knowledge about opponents sitting on the bench when we meet'em, do you? But this being a home game, I believe Gustavo could start. Of course he has to be in 'BEAST' mode from start. :mrgreen:

Martinez might probably start after Valencia (home) and Shalke(away) matches i.e. against Hoffenheim but that's still far.

Until Alaba/Contento are match-fit to start, I believe Bads will be starting as LB. Jupp may however choose the old line-up and bring Rafinha in as RB, switching Lahm to LB. But we can only speculate about this thing.

-----------Neuer----------
-Lahm--Boa--Dante-Bads
-----Gusta-----Basti-----
Mueller---Kroos----Ribery
--------Mandzukic---------

Subs : 1.Martinez in for Gustavo at half time to give him enough time to play beside Basti.
2. Shaqiri in for Ribery at half-time so as to give Rib more rest.
3. Pizarro in for Mandzukic around 60th min.

IMO, Robben should be rested for this one. No need to take risks when he's already injured. Give him 2-3 days. He'll probably start against Valencia with Kroos being benched.
This should be a good enough plan.
Last edited by AdepT on Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby thebigbug » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:23 pm

tbh I think Shaq should start and Ribery should be the one coming in for him. That way Ribery doesn't tire out. Muller on left yes, Kroos in between and no Martinez yet.
thebigbug
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby mahoni » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:24 pm

pVnAdEpT wrote:I believe Martinez should get more playing time around this time. I'd say around 45 mins. The guy has experience against Valencia and you don't want your only player who has knowledge about opponents sitting on the bench, do you? But being a home game, I believe Gustavo can start. Of course he has to be in 'BEAST' mode from start. :mrgreen:

Martinez might probably start after Valencia (home) and Shalke(away) matches i.e. against Hoffenheim bit that's still far.

Until Alaba/Contento are match-fit to start, I believe Bads will be starting as LB. Jupp may however choose the old line-up and bring Rafinha in
as RB, switching Lahm to LB. But we can only speculate about this thing.

-----------Neuer----------
-Lahm--Boa--Dante-Bads
-----Gusta-----Basti-----
Mueller---Kroos----Ribery
--------Mandzukic---------

Subs : 1.Martinez in for Gustavo at half time to give him enough time to play beside Basti.
2. Shaqiri in for Ribery at half-time min so as to give Rib more rest.
3. Pizarro in for Mandzukic around 60th min.

IMO, Robben should be rested for this one. No need to take risks when he's already injured. Give him 2-3 days. He'll probably start against Valencia with Kroos being benched.
This should be a good enough plan.

Sounds good. Let´s hope that Jupp will change earlier than he´s normaly doing so things could develop the right way.
mahoni
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby AdepT » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:25 pm

^Even that's a viable option. But Rib is on fire and he could easily play the first half, I guess.
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:12 am

mahoni wrote:What do you guys expect from the match on saturday (except for how should be the formation)?

Despite our recent struggles against them I'm expecting an easy win. It's our best start to the season in years, while Mainz haven't started off well at all. It's also a home game.

The international games are a disadvantage for us, and Heynckes hinted that he'll pick the team keeping Valencia in mind, but I don't think that's enough to make Mainz worry us.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:37 am

I would seriously consider fielding van Buyten. After all, he IS Mainz's tower of broken dreams. Mueller confirmed right wing and I wouldn't be surprised to see Martinez on our midfield; too soon for Mainz? Maybe no. Too soon for CL? yes.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby mahoni » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:39 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Despite our recent struggles against them I'm expecting an easy win. It's our best start to the season in years, while Mainz haven't started off well at all. It's also a home game.

The international games are a disadvantage for us, and Heynckes hinted that he'll pick the team keeping Valencia in mind, but I don't think that's enough to make Mainz worry us.

Don't forget who we are and who they are... I mean for them it is the hugest game of the year so they will be fully motivated and as our problem against them was allways to underestimate them I see some problems whith our egagement to approach. I don't think that it
I want to see a tactical intelligent game against their forced pressing.
mahoni
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby mahoni » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:43 am

sorry

the next to last sentence should have been:
I don't think that the last results of Mainz have negative impact for them against us. They have nothing to lose.
But I don't want to be only sceptical so I have to say that I have a good feeling for saturday to.
mahoni
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:25 pm

mahoni wrote:They have nothing to lose

Of course, just like most other teams. But the difference in quality is huge. If we lose it'll probably be our own fault, and I feel that the team is much more aware of the consequences of dropping points needlessly than they were last season.

We are in top form at the moment. Mainz are in bad form, although the international break could have given them the time to turn it around.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby mahoni » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:49 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
mahoni wrote:They have nothing to lose

Of course, just like most other teams. But the difference in quality is huge. If we lose it'll probably be our own fault, and I feel that the team is much more aware of the consequences of dropping points needlessly than they were last season.

We are in top form at the moment. Mainz are in bad form, although the international break could have given them the time to turn it around.

I mean we don´t have to speak about quality (that´s something about we never have to speak against BL teams except Dortmund). I´m not sure if to lose would be "just" our falt (if you think that than you really underestimate them). All the loses against them came aslo by their capacity to play strong pressing and discilplinate. But you are right with the feeling that the team is much more aware of the consequences ...

we´ll see
mahoni
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:55 pm

What I mean is that if our players play their best, there is no reason why we should lose against Mainz. They won't outplay us unless our players decide to have an off day.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga