You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2012-09-15] Bayern Munich vs 1. FSV Mainz 05

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win
100%
It will end in a draw
No votes
1. FSV Mainz 05 will win
No votes

Total votes : 30

Re: [2012-09-15] Bayern Munich vs 1. FSV Mainz 05

Postby Paddy » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:55 pm

I think the reason he didn't sub sub Schweinsteiger and Mandzukić is that Schweinsteiger needs to get as much playing time as he can handle in order to get totally fit and Mandzukić will sooner or later be benched. He could have subbed Ribery earlier though.

As for the Mainz game, it's too early to predict who'll start because injuries are sadly a possibility with international games coming up.
Save the Earth. It´s the only planet with beer.

Paddy
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MoFattal » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:12 pm

^ Plus fatigue. But, at least we few players staying in Munich for practice/recovering, so maybe we can count on tsome of those to start against Mainz.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:24 pm

I dont think Martinez was called up by Spain or Gustavo for Brazil so there is a chance one of those two will step up and Gomez is expected to be back from injury around the week of the Mainz and Valencia game
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby thebigbug » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:57 pm

I still remember how we lost 3-2 to Mainz last year. Really highlighted our set-piece deficiency
thebigbug
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Element » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:23 pm

Aristide Bance Humiliating Van Buyten 284838 times in the air and scoring a header

And in second bayern play world class football and Heinz Mueller saves over 10 Shots
Mainz 2:1 bayern

My only memory when i see Bayern vs Mainz
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:02 am

Ivan Klasnic back in BL
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby tflags » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:43 am

Firefox1234 wrote:I dont think Martinez was called up by Spain or Gustavo for Brazil

Heynckes thanked Del Bosque for letting Martinez off the hook; he ain't wearing his alternative red this weekend.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:49 am

Perfect that shud make things easier for him cause Bayern are gonna have to play 2 or 3 games in a span of a week after WC qualifiers correct me if im wrong I don't know of the next BL games will be on Saturday or Sunday....:P

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Bazi » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:00 pm

Element wrote:Aristide Bance Humiliating Van Buyten 284838 times in the air and scoring a header

And in second bayern play world class football and Heinz Mueller saves over 10 Shots
Mainz 2:1 bayern

My only memory when i see Bayern vs Mainz

Wasn't that more a Rensing fail that day? If I recall correctly he didn't look great that day.
Bazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby AvatarX » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:35 pm

Bazi wrote:Wasn't that more a Rensing fail that day? If I recall correctly he didn't look great that day.

Or any day....except those days before he became regular.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby machkover » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:12 pm

Bazi wrote:Wasn't that more a Rensing fail that day? If I recall correctly he didn't look great that day.

Or any day....except those days before he became regular.

Bayern should have signed Neuer immediately after Kahn had resigned !
concerning mainz game , i shall be glad to see the real Super mario mandzukic instead of the fake super mario gomiss ! though the game will be an easy one for any of them who starts ! ( Will German pride have a say in JH decision about the one to start ? )
GET OFF BAYERN'S WAY TO THE GLORY
machkover
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:37 pm

machkover wrote:Bayern should have signed Neuer immediately after Kahn had resigned !
concerning mainz game , i shall be glad to see the real Super mario mandzukic instead of the fake super mario gomiss ! though the game will be an easy one for any of them who starts ! ( Will German pride have a say in JH decision about the one to start ? )

Wait do you mean the same Mario Gomiss who score about 80 goals in the past two seasons??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Bazi » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:52 am

Manuel Neuer simply wasn't available and not so far developed at the time Oliver Kahn resigned.I'm just happy we decided for Neuer instead of Adler. In general we have to thank Holzhäuser and Völler:

1. They wanted 25m € for Adler which we weren't willing to pay (remember Ulli at the Doppelpass when he was still manager) so we took Neuer.WIN
2. They wanted 20m € for Arturo Vidal with one year left on his contract. As it turned out he's a player who broke word with FC Bayern and therefore not fit to wear our jersey. In the end we got a better version in person of Martinez: WIN
3. They wanted at least 30m € for Bender which we weren't willing to pay. Instead we got the better, more versatile and experienced player. WIN
Bazi
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:09 am

Bazi wrote:2. They wanted 20m € for Arturo Vidal with one year left on his contract. As it turned out he's a player who broke word with FC Bayern and therefore not fit to wear our jersey. In the end we got a better version in person of Martinez: WIN

This is one statement as a fan of football i do not agree with, because Vidal is a world class player for Juve even tho he did betray Bayern i can still respect his skills and I rather not speak greatly about Martinez just yet. Lets hope he can be just as good or better than Vidal in the future :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Bazi » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:21 am

Firefox1234 wrote:
Bazi wrote:2. They wanted 20m € for Arturo Vidal with one year left on his contract. As it turned out he's a player who broke word with FC Bayern and therefore not fit to wear our jersey. In the end we got a better version in person of Martinez: WIN

This is one statement as a fan of football i do not agree with, because Vidal is a world class player for Juve even tho he did betray Bayern i can still respect his skills and I rather not speak greatly about Martinez just yet. Lets hope he can be just as good or better than Vidal in the future :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I admit that I didn't watch that many games of Vidal for Juventus but I never found him that exceptional for Leverkusen. He's a good passer, has a good work rate, is versatile and quick but he lacks physique, aerial competitiveness (crucial for our team) and I personally prefer players who really want to play for our club.

That's a little bit my pride of a FC Bayern supporter speaking, I admit that, but doesn't make Vidals behavior better in my opinion.
Bazi
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga