You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2013-10-19] Bayern Munich vs 1. FSV Mainz 05

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win
93%
It will end in a draw
No votes
1. FSV Mainz 05 will win
7%

Total votes : 15

Re: [2013-10-19] Bayern Munich vs 1. FSV Mainz 05

Postby Badger » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:13 am

This international stuff is all good and fine, but thank goodness we're getting back to club football again!

Is everyone available except Shaqiri, Martinez, Alcantara and Badstuber? In other words, Goetze and Hojbjerg are back in full training and nobody else got injured?
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Northern Ireland
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby MUTU » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:50 am

Badger wrote:This international stuff is all good and fine, but thank goodness we're getting back to club football again!

Is everyone available except Shaqiri, Martinez, Alcantara and Badstuber? In other words, Goetze and Hojbjerg are back in full training and nobody else got injured?

Correct! Martinez has been training with the team already but Saturday is almost definitely too early for him. Hojbjerg will probably not play as FCB II play on the same day.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Ruht » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:14 pm

Badger wrote:This international stuff is all good and fine, but thank goodness we're getting back to club football again!

Couldn't agree more! That international break wasn't so bad, but nothing comes even close to watching Bayern! :P
Ruht
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Badger » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:03 am

The Mainz game could be very interesting. We could see a couple more new things and, if they work, we could see a very impressive Bayern performance.

I’ve been thinking about the return of Goetze, and his surprisingly good form – perhaps not so surprising considering all the extra training he has voluntarily opted for – and I’ve been thinking about the recent Bayern training sessions behind closed doors. I reckon that Guardiola is now about to tweak his tactics a little more and take things to the next stage. Goetze would probably have a key role in all that, playing at least 45 min against Mainz or, more likely, starting the game and taken off around 60min. Guardiola is full of praise for his players, but he will have be made unnecessarily uncomfortable in too many games by Bayern’s poor finishing, and Goetze’s finishing looked clinical against Sweden a few nights ago. He might have been seen as a possible solution for that problem.

Who will make way for him? I don’t know, but I think that it is more likely to be one of Mueller/Mandzukic/Robben than Ribery/Kroos.

Lahm might also return to right back, with Schweinsteiger playing in the holding midfield role, but it is not impossible that Schweinsteiger could be rested too.

Just my reflections…
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby Tedesco » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:06 am

Mainz drawn one and lost four of last five games.

Should go easy for us. Hoping to see Götze play a full match.
Tedesco
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:32 am

Badger wrote:The Mainz game could be very interesting. We could see a couple more new things and, if they work, we could see a very impressive Bayern performance.

I’ve been thinking about the return of Goetze, and his surprisingly good form – perhaps not so surprising considering all the extra training he has voluntarily opted for – and I’ve been thinking about the recent Bayern training sessions behind closed doors. I reckon that Guardiola is now about to tweak his tactics a little more and take things to the next stage. Goetze would probably have a key role in all that, playing at least 45 min against Mainz or, more likely, starting the game and taken off around 60min. Guardiola is full of praise for his players, but he will have be made unnecessarily uncomfortable in too many games by Bayern’s poor finishing, and Goetze’s finishing looked clinical against Sweden a few nights ago. He might have been seen as a possible solution for that problem.

Who will make way for him? I don’t know, but I think that it is more likely to be one of Mueller/Mandzukic/Robben than Ribery/Kroos.

Lahm might also return to right back, with Schweinsteiger playing in the holding midfield role, but it is not impossible that Schweinsteiger could be rested too.

Just my reflections…

I have a feeling that both Lahm & Schweinsteiger will be rested. Do you think that we might see this? Maybe even Alaba

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:34 am

Looks like this is going to be a Müller-free game. One through injury, the other gets a break.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby MoFattal » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:19 pm

Lahm might be given a rest, especially since Rafihna was free during the international break. I would also like to see Basti get a shot again in CDM.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby lau03143 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:23 pm

Or Kirchhoff against his old team..,
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby Badger » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:30 pm

ramsej84 wrote:I have a feeling that both Lahm & Schweinsteiger will be rested. Do you think that we might see this? Maybe even Alaba

Well, I suppose that anything is possible, but I would still be a little surprised to see that formation.
- Kroos was used as the holding midfielder when Guardiola’s options were very limited, and I don’t expect Kroos to start there in a 4-1-4-1 lineup very often otherwise.
- I think that that position will be shared between Lahm, Schweinsteiger and Kirchhoff for another week or so at least, and may or may not change when Martinez and Alcantara return.
- Mandzukic was rested in a couple of games before the international break, so I think he’ll start unless Guardiola’s tactics this game don’t include an orthodox striker. Guardiola also sung Mandzukic’s praises very highly about a week ago, so omitting him tomorrow would seem strange.

If pushed, I’d guess at the following formation:

...with Goetze being replaced by Robben, Mandzukic by Pizarro and Schweinsteiger by Kirchhoff after 60-70 min to rest them for the midweek match.

Conversely, it is possible that Guardiola’s new tactics and preferred lineup will be saved for the Viktoria Pilzen game, where we might see something like the lineup above, and against Mainz we will see a strong B-team instead.
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby MoFattal » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:44 pm

So, Pep's tactics is to start with 10 players, and if things are not going well he'll send the 11th in :P ?
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby ballackfcb » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:56 pm

ballackfcb
2013/14 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby AdepT » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:00 pm

MoFattal wrote:So, Pep's tactics is to start with 10 players, and if things are not going well he'll send the 11th in :P ?

He'll himself take the no.6 role. :wink:
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby brickwall281 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:13 pm

who won't be available and why?
:pep: Gooby Pls :pep:
brickwall281
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Iraq

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:29 pm

Badger wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:I have a feeling that both Lahm & Schweinsteiger will be rested. Do you think that we might see this? Maybe even Alaba

Well, I suppose that anything is possible, but I would still be a little surprised to see that formation.
- Kroos was used as the holding midfielder when Guardiola’s options were very limited, and I don’t expect Kroos to start there in a 4-1-4-1 lineup very often otherwise.
- I think that that position will be shared between Lahm, Schweinsteiger and Kirchhoff for another week or so at least, and may or may not change when Martinez and Alcantara return.
- Mandzukic was rested in a couple of games before the international break, so I think he’ll start unless Guardiola’s tactics this game don’t include an orthodox striker. Guardiola also sung Mandzukic’s praises very highly about a week ago, so omitting him tomorrow would seem strange.

If pushed, I’d guess at the following formation:

...with Goetze being replaced by Robben, Mandzukic by Pizarro and Schweinsteiger by Kirchhoff after 60-70 min to rest them for the midweek match.

Conversely, it is possible that Guardiola’s new tactics and preferred lineup will be saved for the Viktoria Pilzen game, where we might see something like the lineup above, and against Mainz we will see a strong B-team instead.

Or Maybe Kirchoff starts at a holding mdf allowing Kroos to play alongside Gotze with Ribery & Muller on the wings. Thus resting Schweinsteiger, Lahm & Robben
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga