You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2013-08-24] Bayern Munich vs 1. FC Nürnberg

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win
100%
It will end in a draw
No votes
1. FC Nürnberg will win
No votes

Total votes : 20

Re: [2013-08-24] Bayern Munich vs 1. FC Nürnberg

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:42 pm

anyone watching skyGermany?
are they comparing Schweinsteiger to Mattheus? It must be the new weird role of Sweeper / libero.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:46 pm

Well it wast the best performance but a win is a win, but here are some things i noticed:
Cons:The first half the players looked uninspired and lacked movement in the final third, i felt like everyone was waiting for the other guy to set them up for a shot at goal instead of creating their own space. Almost like watch 10 Gomez's on the pitch at the same time....Thiago and Gotze relationship did not work as well as planned, Gotze was being dispossessed numerous times and Thiago had to sit back often because Gotze wasnt tracking back. Even though Mandzu made some great headers he was a bit invisible in today's game and wasnt as involved as he usually is. Lahm probably had his worst game ever, Bayern looked good in the 2nd half but finishing seems to be a major problem, and Dante's positioning could have been a lot better. Also why werent we hitting CKs in to the box but passing short instead?

Pros:Idk what Pep or Sammer said but in the second half the players realized that they hadnt scored yet or sumthin. Everything was fast and direct, the high defensive line was as solid as the Trojan wall. Passes inside the final third were crisp, movement was abundant as players were making their own space unlike the first half. Robbery was as deadly as ever imo they just terrorized the wings every chance they got, and was that Robben using his right foot? :? If Ribery doesnt want that award i will personally ask Platini to sell me the stuff he is smoking. Defensively Bayern have gotten a lot better especially Schweinstiger who seems to have adjusted to his new role but i still would prefer him to play further up the pitch. Boateng was a BEAST, he was everywhere on the pitch. He even found space to take a shot at goal and made many great long balls. While Boateng was doing all that he found time to track back and i never saw hi get beat or caught out of position. I thought Alaba had a great game and did well to track back on counter attacks, Muller was an instant hit once he stepped in and i hope Pep tries him again as a CF. Kroos was the key to Bayern cementing that win imo, he is cool under pressure and rarely get dispossessed or makes bad decisions. I never felt like he was slowing down the game but actually speeding it up.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Commodore » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:51 pm

We are playing possession football since Louis van Gaal arrived in München. As Lau is correctly pointing out, Jupp Heynckes, too, played possession football. And while we like to remember all the great stuff from last season (and why not, there's an abundance of that), we must not forget games like @Bremen, for example. Yeah, the score looks like a comfortable victory in hindsight, but anyone who remembers that game also remembers that we looked like molasses for long stretches of the match, until Gustavo finally put one away in the 81st minute, followed by Mandzukic's 0:2 in the 83rd.

We won't play brilliantly 34 times in the Bundesliga, and we won't play brilliantly every match of every other competition. What's important is the resolve we're showing over and over again to bring home the three points on the days where we're feeling and playing a bit like molasses.
Last edited by Commodore on Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There are two things I am afraid of: War and Oliver Kahn."

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Porto2112 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:52 pm

Thiago wasn't a starter in Barcelona, so what makes Pep thinks he is able to start for FCB? I'm not saying he's a bad player, but we have far better options.
Porto2112
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Commodore » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:55 pm

We also have a lot of matches to play this season. The times of being a "starter" for us are over (barring exceptions like Neuer of course, Lahm, Alaba, Dante maybe).

I guarantee you that you will see a different starting XI in our next game.

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Commodore » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:59 pm

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Borusse » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:59 pm

Commodore wrote:We also have a lot of matches to play this season. The times of being a "starter" for us are over (barring exceptions like Neuer of course, Lahm, Alaba, Dante maybe).

And Ribery of course. He is vital for you.

Commodore wrote:I guarantee you that you will see a different starting XI in our next game.

Thats sort of a given. :wink:
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby SouthernStar » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:01 pm

Commodore wrote:
meister wrote:did we change to 4-2-3-1 in the second half??

We were mostly playing a whackjob 3-4-3-ish kind of a... uh... thing. At times it looked more like a 1-2-3-4, really, than anything else, especially when we started pushing hard for our first goal between the 60th and 70th minutes. Yeah, we had two pivots in certain situations, too. The second one was Philipp Lahm, though, next to Schweinsteiger.

I'll download the game and have a closer look (also detached from my live-watching emotions). Very interesting game tactically.

Looking forward to more Commodore's tactical goodness (maybe add a side of cakes, everyone love cakes) 8)

My opinion: A bit worried about Alaba's penalty taking, he had 2 misses so far this season (a bit of a sting reminder but Robben had only missed 2 too). Muller seemed happy to give the top PK taker position to Alaba... The team needs to agree on the top penalty taker (and practice more maybe). Although on one hand, Alaba's penalty was weakly taken... but on the other hand, Schafer was on fire today. I mean holy guacamole... Besides our rather poor finishing rate, the scoreline is owed a lot to Schafer, rather than the ridiculous wall the rest of the team built.

Ginczek is an arse, I could not keep my urge to box him throughout the match.

A VERY MUCH IMPROVED GAME from the team today (although whether it was because Nurnberg is an easier team than BMG and Frankfurt, I wasn't too sure... but Nurnberg traditionally is a prickly team for us anyway). Our defense is much more organized and Boa is a BEAST.

The 4-1-4-1 was designed to be give more attacking options, and I'd actually say that Ribsy, Kroos, Muller & Robben pack a hell lot of firepower... However, still not buying Schweini's role... his creativity seems wasted due to extra burden of being the single pivot IMO. Although he did it quite well so far in these 3 matches. I'm just not sure if that should be his permanent position, and whether it should be the norm against a very-attacking team.

I'm still keeping faith in Gotze (guess he should keep umm... faith on his favorite word too) and Thiago. I had been wanting to see them in the creative role, unfortunately today was rather poor game from both. Hopefully time will gel them better, just as it did to Javi last season.
SouthernStar
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby AvatarX » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:06 pm

Well, if not anything else, Pep is giving some serious "food for thought" about tactics for sure :)
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby Kalev » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:25 pm

Give me a gif about that Ribery celebration. That was pretty funny. Like some wild gorilla.
Kalev
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby Commodore » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:28 pm

I don't have a .gif, but this one isn't all that bad, imo. :D

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Commodore » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:39 pm

Commodore wrote:That's some crazy asymmetric stuff that Pep has our boys play. The heatmaps of Lahm and Boateng will be most interesting after the match.

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby lau03143 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:43 pm

Commodore wrote:We are playing possession football since Louis van Gaal arrived in München. As Lau is correctly pointing out, Jupp Heynckes, too, played possession football. And while we like to remember all the great stuff from last season (and why not, there's an abundance of that), we must not forget games like @Bremen, for example. Yeah, the score looks like a comfortable victory in hindsight, but anyone who remembers that game also remembers that we looked like molasses for long stretches of the match, until Gustavo finally put one away in the 81st minute, followed by Mandzukic's 0:2 in the 83rd.

We won't play brilliantly 34 times in the Bundesliga, and we won't play brilliantly every match of every other competition. What's important is the resolve we're showing over and over again to bring home the three points on the days where we're feeling and playing a bit like molasses.

I can't thank this post enough :-D
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby lau03143 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:43 pm

Commodore wrote:
Commodore wrote:That's some crazy asymmetric stuff that Pep has our boys play. The heatmaps of Lahm and Boateng will be most interesting after the match.

It's incredible that our centre half spent the majority of his time on the halfway line.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby Robb3449 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:54 pm

Very good result today. I really liked the the response and performance in the 2nd half after a lackluster first. The subs made an immediate impact. I was surprised with Goetze getting the start. He's just gotten fit so I thought he would be used as a sub. He wasnt good but is just getting his feet wet with Bayern so let's give him some time. Boa was great today. I don't wanna get too carried away but, I feel like he's finally starting to become the "solid-rock" defender most of us thought he could be. Robbery was outstanding again. I don't want to take away from a beautiful goal by Robben but, is there any chance he was trying to slide that across to Mandzu? It's a bit difficult for me to tell because of the total sh#t quality of the firstrowsports stream I was watching. Frankfurt and now Nuremberg, c'mon firstrowsports! Getting Goltv immediately! Thank god for Robben because he has definitely been the most dangerous player (from a goal-scoring standpoint) Bayern have right now. He can create something out of nothing and its what they've desperately needed while trying to perfect Peps new tactics. It's getting better match by match! Hopefully a month from now we won't remember any of these early season "growing pains." I say growing pains and yet they're still winning their matches. What a team! =D>
Reggie Jackson (of the 1977 NY Yankees) when asked, "What's the biggest thing you've noticed (about the team) since being injured?" " The magnitude of ME!"
Robb3449
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga