You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2013-10-05] Bayer Leverkusen vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:30 pm

Bayer 04 Leverkusen will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
6%
Bayern Munich will win
94%

Total votes : 16

Re: [2013-10-05] Bayer Leverkusen vs Bayern Munich

Postby Borusse » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:07 am

MaCk0y wrote:
Borusse wrote:The one with Muller or the one with Hegeler?

:lol:

Just dont blame the rivals for the mistakes your own team made. I have the same problem with my guys calling Gladbach being "lucky". Noo, Dortmund were just bad at finishing, no more, no less. Thats not Gladbach's problem, same is with Leverkusen.

The foul on Hegeler was outside the penalty area. :wink:

Oh, so you admit it was a foul and should have been given? Lucky Bayern!

:wink:
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby Dalv » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:11 am

I actually saw the cunt diving
Dalv
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Borusse » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:27 am

Dalv wrote:I actually saw the cunt diving

Its not nice calling your own players cunts you know. [-X
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

National Flag:
Poland

Postby rthebest » Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:04 am

Borusse wrote:The one with Muller or the one with Hegeler?

:lol:

Just dont blame the rivals for the mistakes your own team made. I have the same problem with my guys calling Gladbach being "lucky". Noo, Dortmund were just bad at finishing, no more, no less. Thats not Gladbach's problem, same is with Leverkusen.

I totally agree , we drew simply because of poor finishing. Overall I think the team plays a beautiful football. They keep the possession, solid in the back , and they create lots of chances. they just cannot score goals. :)
- I think schweinsteiger and Kross need to step up and score more goals as they did last season.
- I always believed Muller can play as #9 specially after his last season performance , but he has been wasteful this season
Last edited by rthebest on Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rthebest
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Canada

Postby Badger » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:48 am

I managed to watch this game live - and very enjoyable it was too.

Starting with Leverkusen, I'd say that they had an interesting mix of defensive ability and luck. Defensively, they aren't really a park-the-bus team, but Bayern turned them into something that looked like that. Hypia was an outstanding defender in his day, and the solidity and concentration of the Leverkusen defence reflected some of that. He has moulded them into a strong defence. Last night they needed everything he'd taught them, because the Bayern attacks and pressure were relentless. Leno made a couple of great saves, too. I wouldn't complain about Leverkusen or the result, but I feel that they needed a bit of luck to hold on for a draw in the circumstances: balls spilled favourably for their goal, a penalty wasn't given and some of Bayern's chances were deflected by good fortune.

I predicted a draw in the poll for this tread, but when I started to watch this game, I thought that a Bayern win was likely. In the end it didn't materialise, but it would have been deserved. A draw was a respectable result, especially away to Leverkusen, so I'm not too bothered. The performance and domination were very impressive and, coming on the back of the Man City game, it gives great hope for the season. And the team went clear top going into the break for internationals. I'm more than happy.

The concern which has lingered all season so far is the poor conversion rates of possession and shots to goals. Leno made a few good saves, but far too many of the on-target shots were straight at him. Then Mueller and Shaqiri missed a couple of very good chances, not even getting on target. Why are Bayern so poor in this respect? Everyone was scoring better last season. I think that some of it is just a matter of form, and now that Bayern know that it is their only major concern, they'll work on it and solve it. Possibly, the returning players - especially Goetze - will help too. Possibly, Lewandowski will help - but not this season. Personally, I'd continue to start Mandzukic up front against most teams.

Other points that struck are:
- I was delighted that Kroos scored.
- Shaqiri had a good game - surely he can grow into a winger role at Bayern, if he has the patience.
- Bayern didn't seem very strong in the air without Mandzukic.
- The defence, apart from that lapse for the goal, is looking good now.
- The whole team played a very strong game and that dominance is a good basis for winning titles.

Anyway, I'm happy that Bayern is one point clear and will be for the next two weeks. Moreover, irrelevant of what some doubting fans think, few people would bet against them now.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Northern Ireland
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:56 am

There isn't really much to complain about. It's a shame we dropped 2 point due to an off-day in finishing (which could still have been different had the penalty been given). But in the end we survived one of the hardest league games and took the sole lead for the first time this season.

I think Pep's subs were a bit off yesterday. Maybe I'm scapegoating him, as it is usually one of his strongest points, but I think Mandzukic and Robben should've been subbed in earlier.

It was a very good performance which we can build on, despite the result. We have an international break coming up, that's never bad when you drop points. It is excellent that we're heading into the break in first place.

We've played another one of the big away games and are still unbeaten. Of course every game has its own story and you could lose to third division team 3 days after beating Barcelona, but if we are still unbeaten after the trip to Dortmund next month I think we can realistically dream of the unbeaten league season.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby quaazi » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:04 am

Sounds like another Leverkusen game. :D

Didn't see it, but am totes okay with the situation we're in. Sometimes it just doesn't go your way, but it went more our way than our title rival, so whatevs, brah!
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby AdepT » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:04 am

Few things :
1. I read posts suggesting Shaq had a poor game. Apart from the miss, he was very good. Not brilliant though. All those shots Ribery, Dante had at goal were from his brilliant passes. So I don't agree with a few guys.
One thing which was noticeable at times was that Shaq was cutting into the centre too much and Rafinha was going too far ahead for providing the width.
Also, Shaqiri's corner delivery is best in the team. :|
2. Oh Mueller! He always defies logic. :wink: When he should have had a hat-trick, he came out with nothing. :(
3. Mandzu might have been subbed in 10 mins earlier.
4. Boateng was immense. Just brilliant. =D>
5. Conceded goal could have been avoided. Sam was left open. Boa was behind Neuer. Rafinha far off. First kick caused chaos, second continued it and third ended it. Neuer made brilliant saves though.
6. The complains about tiki-taka are vain. We were brilliant. I am opposed to Barca style too many lateral passes like they were doing against us in SFs, but we clearly are a different beast. Ours is a different kind and Leverkusen were very lucky to have avoided humiliation. It hurts that they gained one point.
7. Leno is not one I would put for MOTM. He made a few nice saves. Others were directed at his body. A GK is expected to save those. Boateng and Donati for me.

With Martinez and Gotze gaining fitness, we are going to be far better. The only way is UP.
Last edited by AdepT on Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby Badger » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:05 am

Borusse wrote:Some people would argue that there was no luck there. Only in Muller's situation. In the rest of your chances it was either Leno saving it or Bayern players bad shooting. So poor finishing, not bad luck. When Neuer makes a wonderful save you call it luck? Nope, its because he has skills, you bought him so he could make such saves. Its his job. So if Leno had a great game its no luck, its just that he did his job very well. :wink:

Leverkusen weren't lucky, you were just poor at finishing. :P Same goes for Dortmund Gladbach game. Gladbach weren't lucky, we just made a series of poor attempts on goal. :wink:

Overall, I'm inclined to agree with that view. I do think, however, that when analysing a game and looking for solutions, a team needs to have a rational assessment of what role luck played, otherwise they'll run the risk of dropping players and abandoning tactics that would succeed next time around. Or, to put it another way, I'd nearly bet that Leverkusen wouldn't relish another similar game against Bayern, where Bayern have 78% possession and 21 shots to their 4; they wouldn't believe that they'd be so lucky again.
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby MaCk0y » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:30 am

AdepT wrote:Also, Shaqiri's corner delivery is best in the team. :|

Agree, Shaqiri's corner's were great and we had a couple of chances to score from corner kick. How many times do we see wasted corner kicks from Robbery because the ball doesn't even get past the first defender on the first post ?
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Badger » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:53 am

Bild's ratings for the Bayern players:

Neuer (4)
Rafinha (2)
Boateng (2)
Dante (2)
Alaba (2)
Lahm (2)
Shaqiri (2)
Schweinsteiger (3)
Kroos (1)
Ribéry (2)
Müller (4)

http://www.bild.de/bundesliga/1-liga/saison-2013-2014/spielbericht-bayer-04-leverkusen-gegen-fc-bayern-muenchen-am-8-Spieltag-32631872.bild.html
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby MoFattal » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:13 am

So, they're basically blaming Neuer and Muller for the loss?
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:46 am

MoFattal wrote:So, they're basically blaming Neuer and Muller for the loss?

We drew the match...
I think Neuer has some responsibility... besides the fact that it was the only occasion when B04 came to him...
Muller missed a great chance however over-all he was OK.
It was shaqiri who pissed me most... he ran but he was very erratic. He missed an incredible chance !
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:53 am

Nice Element there :) May I remind you that the final result was 1-1 :lol:
I agree with the ratings. Mueller was bad. Neuer didn't do a single decent save either. The rest were great.
The ratings may seem a bit too harsh on Ribery who had an excellent first half, but perhaps a bit too good to Rafinha.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby unknownsoul » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:49 pm

MUTU wrote:

Nice Element there :) May I remind you that the final result was 1-1 :lol:
I agree with the ratings. Mueller was bad. Neuer didn't do a single decent save either. The rest were great.
The ratings may seem a bit too harsh on Ribery who had an excellent first half, but perhaps a bit too good to Rafinha.

Actually it seems the lower the ratings the better, else how could the Leverkusen guys get such good ratings?
Rolfes (4)Kießling (4)Spahić (4)Boenisch
(4) Sam (3)Bender (3)Reinartz (4)Toprak (5)
Donati (4) Can (4) Leno(1)
unknownsoul
Woah, this feels cool!

National Flag:
India

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga