You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2013-10-05] Bayer Leverkusen vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:30 pm

Bayer 04 Leverkusen will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
6%
Bayern Munich will win
94%

Total votes : 16

Re: [2013-10-05] Bayer Leverkusen vs Bayern Munich

Postby MoFattal » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:59 pm

Performance-wise, it was one of the best displays against a fully defensive opponent this season. Leverkusen have quality all over the pitch and have a solid defense, and yet we put them under tremendous pressure and were able to get a lot of clear-cut chances. On any other day, the score would have been much more just.

Score-wise, we need to be more clinical in front of goal. It's expected to waste a couple of hard chances when we can create a lot, but today we had a handful of very easy ones that should have gone in. It was a combination of inefficiency and bad luck, albeit the latter had a bigger weight tonight.

Player-wise, I thought Shaqiri had a very good game. He gave Leverkusen a lot to worry about with his movement and trickery. His ball retention has also improved significantly. He needs to work on his finishing, though, something which Muller needs to do as well. Tommy had a lot of easy misses. He scores impossible goals and yet he wastes certain ones. That header in the first half might as well contend for miss of the season. Schweinsteiger's role in CM still hasn't convinced me. He seems lot more "quite" in that position. Defensively, Boateng was a beast. His last-ditch clearances are amazing. Rafihna was a bit shaky and lost a couple of challenges. He's been very decent lately, but I still would want to see Lahm back to on the flanks.

Tactics-wise, I thought Pep made a mistake by keeping Mandzukic out for a long time. Around the 60th minute, we started crossing a lot, and Mandzukic would have been the perfect outlet for those. The other two subs were good ones as Pep was trying to vary things a bit in the hope of getting a winner. One thing is for sure, though, and that is his ideas have started to be implemented pretty nicely on the field.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MaCk0y » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:09 pm

What scholl7 said ! Did you even watch the match Silverx and Kevinx67 ? Or do you have an 'anti-possession template' to post every time Bayern plays ? We were better in this match than last season's Bayer match. Created lots of chances and the movement off the ball was great. It just wasn't our day, Leno saved 8 shots and we missed too many chances. We were also unlucky in conceding the goal, in that Neuer's saved shot went straight to Sam's feet. He didn't even need to move!

- We didn't defend goal kicks well. The backline was too far up the field and there were several situations were it was exposed from goal kicks. Should have retreated a bit.

- I think the linesman had a clear view to watch Toprak pull Mueller's shirt. Maybe not.

Capture.PNG

Come on ! Need to break the 80% barrier. We want mooooore possession.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby kod2600 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:13 pm

This game is trolling me. I have been trolled all game long.
My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby Dgro » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:20 pm

I remember bringing up the topic on Bayern's poor conversion rate, moments like these it helps to have a world class striker playing up top. Muller has been great but he isnt really a #9 and Mandzukic lacks that deadly instinct in front of goal to make put him at the world class level. I don't know how some people can say they wouldnt want Lewa at Bayern after a game like this. Also Shaqiri has been disappointing so far this season, i know he hasnt been getting much playing time but i feel like he hasnt moved up a level so to speak, and that chance he missed doesnt improve his chances of playing more. Bayern did not necessarily play poorly but they definitely didnt not play great in my opinion.....

I don't quite agree with that assessment of Mandzukic. He is a clinical finisher who rarely misses a good chance on goal. The reason he isn't an elite striker is because he lacks the shooting and creativity to create chances for himself. Muller is a player who can go on hot streaks (see: last year's CL knockout stage) and appear to be clinical, but on the whole he's horribly inconsistent. If we lose/tie a game with Muller playing the 9 it will likely be because Muller himself missed a few good opportunities (like today). If we lose/tie with Mandzu it will more often be because he didn't have any good chances on goal (not to say it like he never misses, but still). I think Mandzu really needs to start at the 9 until Lewandowski gets here or else we're gonna continue to underperform (in terms of finishing/scoring)
Dgro
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:22 pm

Or we could always try signing Mario Gomez back... :wink:
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby SilverX » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:26 pm

MaCk0y wrote:What scholl7 said ! Did you even watch the match Silverx and Kevinx67 ? Or do you have an 'anti-possession template' to post every time Bayern plays ? We were better in this match than last season's Bayer match. Created lots of chances and the movement off the ball was great. It just wasn't our day, Leno saved 8 shots and we missed too many chances. We were also unlucky in conceding the goal, in that Neuer's saved shot went straight to Sam's feet. He didn't even need to move!

- We didn't defend goal kicks well. The backline was too far up the field and there were several situations were it was exposed from goal kicks. Should have retreated a bit.

- I think the linesman had a clear view to watch Toprak pull Mueller's shirt. Maybe not.

Capture.PNG

Dude, you have an issue with people saying the truth about how we played today? Dont call people out on stupid ass reasons like that....

No I did not watch the game and i'm posting on how people played etc.....stupid question.....

And besides, possession doesn't mean Sh!t unless we can score the god damn easy chances...... Mullers header should have been a goal, shaqiri's shot that he rocketed over should have been a goal..... Just wasteful. Besides statistics don't mean anything if we don't get a result at the end WHICH MUST BE 3 points, anything less for BAYERN MUNCHEN is not good enough and unacceptable!!!!!

Goalkeeper saved 8 shots, no fu*king wonder, almost all of them were shot straight at him........

And one last thing..... "anti possession template" ? Wtf are you talking about pal? You ever see me post on here talking about anything close to our discussion? The way we played against city is the way we need to play every game. Dominate but also finish our chances......simple as that...
SilverX
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:32 pm

When Bayern don't win, you can bet your asses that a few specific users will come here posting stuff resembling the end of the world.

But at the end of the day, we extended the unbeaten run to an unprecedented club record of 33 matches, took sole leadership in the Bundesliga table and nobody rational can possibly call us lucky at doing so. There really is no shame in drawing Leverkusen away. After all we had lost 2 out of the previous 3 matches against Leverkusen.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby envagyokazapad » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:34 pm

SilverX wrote:
MaCk0y wrote:What scholl7 said ! Did you even watch the match Silverx and Kevinx67 ? Or do you have an 'anti-possession template' to post every time Bayern plays ? We were better in this match than last season's Bayer match. Created lots of chances and the movement off the ball was great. It just wasn't our day, Leno saved 8 shots and we missed too many chances. We were also unlucky in conceding the goal, in that Neuer's saved shot went straight to Sam's feet. He didn't even need to move!

Capture.PNG

Dude, you have an issue with people saying the truth about how we played today? Dont call people out on stupid ass reasons like that....

No I did not watch the game and i'm posting on how people played etc.....stupid question.....

And besides, possession doesn't mean Sh!t unless we can score the god damn easy chances...... Mullers header should have been a goal, shaqiri's shot that he rocketed over should have been a goal..... Just wasteful. Besides statistics don't mean anything if we don't get a result at the end WHICH MUST BE 3 points, anything less for BAYERN MUNCHEN is not good enough and unacceptable!!!!!

Goalkeeper saved 8 shots, no fu*king wonder, almost all of them were shot straight at him........

And one last thing..... "anti possession template" ? Wtf are you talking about pal? You ever see me post on here talking about anything close to our discussion? The way we played against city is the way we need to play every game. Dominate but also finish our chances......simple as that...

We didn't just dominate possession though, we completely trashed them and dominated the game in every single aspect...dominating possession means you have the ball but do very little with it...we created dozens of chances which we failed to convert...saying we just dominated possession is incredibly unfair, and simply untrue.
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby lau03143 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:45 pm

I think I'm going to start using the ignore function in this forum.

I don't generally block anyone, but the amount of hate Pep is getting for us playing great football is unbelievable.

We played possession football under Jupp and under LvG. Nothing has changed in that respect. So anyone that makes a big deal about the possession stuff needs to get their head out their arse. As it's getting old very quickly.

Any other game, we would have won 8-0, but we never, but a points a point. You cant go through every game every season scoring 4-5 goals.

Honestly, some people are a fukking joke.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby Dalv » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:51 pm

Pep is not to blame that we cant put the ball into the damn net from 6 meters, also leverkusen's LUCK won them the draw, some shots were good

I always said last season we should get Lewa any time over Gomez and Mandzu, cause he is way better at scoring
Dalv
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Borusse » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:18 pm

Some people would argue that there was no luck there. Only in Muller's situation. In the rest of your chances it was either Leno saving it or Bayern players bad shooting. So poor finishing, not bad luck. When Neuer makes a wonderful save you call it luck? Nope, its because he has skills, you bought him so he could make such saves. Its his job. So if Leno had a great game its no luck, its just that he did his job very well. :wink:

Leverkusen weren't lucky, you were just poor at finishing. :P Same goes for Dortmund Gladbach game. Gladbach weren't lucky, we just made a series of poor attempts on goal. :wink:
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

National Flag:
Poland

Postby MUTU » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:34 pm

And what do you call a clear penalty not given?
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Borusse » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:39 pm

The one with Muller or the one with Hegeler?

:lol:

Just dont blame the rivals for the mistakes your own team made. I have the same problem with my guys calling Gladbach being "lucky". Noo, Dortmund were just bad at finishing, no more, no less. Thats not Gladbach's problem, same is with Leverkusen.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

National Flag:
Poland

Postby MaCk0y » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:48 pm

Borusse wrote:The one with Muller or the one with Hegeler?

:lol:

Just dont blame the rivals for the mistakes your own team made. I have the same problem with my guys calling Gladbach being "lucky". Noo, Dortmund were just bad at finishing, no more, no less. Thats not Gladbach's problem, same is with Leverkusen.

The foul on Hegeler was outside the penalty area. :wink:
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Dalv » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:01 am

Leno showed how much of a GK he is vs United. such a great display tonight requires luck for him
Dalv
I'm a chatterbox!

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga