You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2013-10-05] Bayer Leverkusen vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:30 pm

Bayer 04 Leverkusen will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
6%
Bayern Munich will win
94%

Total votes : 16

Re: [2013-10-05] Bayer Leverkusen vs Bayern Munich

Postby Robb3449 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:34 pm

Great display today. Really deserved 3 points but ,as lau said, a point at Leverkusen will work just fine. Some missed chances and a couple of great saves from Leno. The attack was relentless all match long.
Reggie Jackson (of the 1977 NY Yankees) when asked, "What's the biggest thing you've noticed (about the team) since being injured?" " The magnitude of ME!"
Robb3449
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Borusse » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:40 pm

It does suck when your team is better but doesnt win right? :|
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby envagyokazapad » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:41 pm

SilverX wrote:Absolutely horrendous in front of the goal.....

Great possession, but then NOTHING!

If you think about it, we had 75% possession and couldn't do more than what Leverkusen did with only 25% and 2 clear cut shots on goal.......If you take that and think about it, it turns out to a terrible result. Shaq/Muller should have gone off sooner and Basti as well. Gotze should have come in a bit earlier instead of Basti which did not have a great game at all today.....

I disagree. Shaqiri was quite lively and caused all sorts of trouble on both sides of the pitch while he was on. We definitely missed him imo...Mandzukic should have been brought on much sooner for Müller though.

As for Schweini, he was completely invisible after about the 20th minute. I don't understand why Pep kept him on, while subbing of Shaqiri. He either should have been subbed, or moved back to his previous position in the central midfield. It was hard not to see that we had no defensive midfield today, so I'd very much be in favor of moving Schweini back. If we don't, then we might as well just play Götze as he's more effective in that position.

Ribery also looked exhausted towards the end of the match, which is why it all looked kinda hopeless after the ~75th minute.

I realize this post sounded awfully negative...I still think this was a nice display. I disagree with Pep's subs though.
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby The Spyware » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:42 pm

Leno should have been that good in Manchester :)
The Spyware
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby Dalv » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:43 pm

I find leverkusen the most annoying team from bundes. Unbelieveble luck this side has

and how on earth can man utd score 4 against such luck?
Dalv
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Achilles » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:44 pm

Borusse wrote:It does suck when your team is better but doesnt win right? :|
I can live with that,believe me...
But today Bayern's display was total domination in every way,statistics,chances,pressing,passing games,tactically,defence even the subs from Pep were good. You can be "just" better but today we were MUCH better against nothing(B04)

If u mean by that,that BVB where better than Gladbach,it was slighltly better,I don't know what you actually meant,I'm just sayin'
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Postby Borusse » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:46 pm

I meant we were better than Gladbach and definitely didnt deserve to lose 0-2. :P
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

Postby AssemFCB » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:52 pm

Sigh...
Had we been a bit more clinical, this would have been an equal, if not better, performance to Wednesday, but Ribery, Shaqiri, Kroos and Muller decided they would rather hurt Leno than the net! In any case, I think the general sense of disappointment after a draw away to a title rival and after we've finally reached first place says a lot about our rise in standards. I think Guardiola stayed on the bench for like fifteen minutes after the game, just sulking. Gotze better get some more time against Mainz, and let's hope BVB drop more points.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby MUTU » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:05 pm

Sorry guys, the REAL reason we didn't win is that I predicted a 2-1 win for Bayern :( We could never have scored the winner then after Sam had drawn, and the referee could never give the very clear penalty either...
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby BayernSupporter » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:08 pm

This is not fair at all
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
BayernSupporter
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby Kevinx67 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:09 pm

SilverX wrote:Absolutely horrendous in front of the goal.....

Great possession, but then NOTHING!

If you think about it, we had 75% possession and couldn't do more than what Leverkusen did with only 25% and 2 clear cut shots on goal.......If you take that and think about it, it turns out to a terrible result. Shaq/Muller should have gone off sooner and Basti as well. Gotze should have come in a bit earlier instead of Basti which did not have a great game at all today.....

Great post. I don't know why some can't see this. What good is having all that possession when nothing comes out of it. Possession is way to overrated. Anyone can pass the ball and play keep away. The system Pep wants to play exposes Scheinsteiger and doesn't give him say in how the midfield play. Should of won the game. I guess you need to get used to the way Bayern plays til Pep leaves.
Kevinx67
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby MUTU » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:13 pm

Kevinx67 wrote:I guess you need to get used to the way Bayern plays til Pep leaves.

If we play the same as the first half against Manchester City, I really have no problem with this! =P~
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby sch0ll7 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:22 pm

Dont give me that possession crap!

We had 27 shots...18 shots on goal!

We had like 6-7 clear cut chances.

Which means we used our possession play to the limits...it is not like we were just passing it around the box and had no shots on target [Barca agains us last season, anyone?].

We totally dominated them...in 99% of cases they only punched the ball out of play our back to our defenders.

We didnt play any differently under Jupp. Same thing happened last season against Leverkusen...but it was at home.

We dominated them for 90 minutes...it was a copy of that game from last season...so dont give me "Pep ruined our playing style" when we were even better than last season against them with same gameplay. We created more chances than last season against same Leverkusen who were just defending in their 16 yard box.

Our players need to think about all those chances they missed.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:48 pm

I remember bringing up the topic on Bayern's poor conversion rate, moments like these it helps to have a world class striker playing up top. Muller has been great but he isnt really a #9 and Mandzukic lacks that deadly instinct in front of goal to make put him at the world class level. I don't know how some people can say they wouldnt want Lewa at Bayern after a game like this. Also Shaqiri has been disappointing so far this season, i know he hasnt been getting much playing time but i feel like he hasnt moved up a level so to speak, and that chance he missed doesnt improve his chances of playing more. Bayern did not necessarily play poorly but they definitely didnt not play great in my opinion.....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Borusse » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:58 pm

Funny thing is Leverkusen scored a goal after one time in the entire match when they decided to pass the ball around for a little bit and not just kick it away. :D

Bayern were outstanding in the first half but the effort they put into it at the beginning was not rewarded with enough amount of goals. Then it became harder for you after about 60 minutes when you were a little bit tired of that high tempo. You still dominated Leverkusen but weren't as deadly. Bayer on the other hand didnt show their usual good attacking game which meant Bayern's defence was really good this evening. Leverkusen managed to cause you very few problems.

It will be hard to stop this Bayern. But I think you still rely on Ribery very, very much.
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga