You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2013-03-16] Bayer 04 Leverkusen vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:30 pm

Bayer 04 Leverkusen will win
9%
It will end in a draw
9%
Bayern Munich will win
82%

Total votes : 11

Re: [2013-03-16] Bayer 04 Leverkusen vs Bayern Munich

Postby SilverX » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:21 am

I loved Shaqiri playing, and feel like adding Ribery to the left and him into the attacking mid position instead of Kroos would be much better.

Kroos just showed nothing in the past few games to me. He is slow and does not make great combination passes, and almost no thru balls.

Besides the fact we didn't dominate the shit out of our opponent, its a win.

Onto the next game.
My Youtube Channel Mia San Bayern

https://www.youtube.com/user/Xtremedragon10
SilverX
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby AssemFCB » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:49 am

MaCk0y wrote:I hope Leverkusen score a freak goal on their own end,

you must be pleased!
AssemFCB
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:32 am

Borusse wrote:What if you will be out of CL by then? :-k

be careful my friend cause Malaga aren't any easy, trust me...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:40 am

4th bad match in row, 3rd in Bundesliga. When will they stop this disgrace?

Neuer almost cost us 3 points yesterday. Major problem of Bayern - where are the players on goalposts? Why Neuer thinks that he is smarter than rest of the football world with not putting nobody to protect the goal in these situations?

Why Jupp subs Robben who can hold the ball for one van Buyten who is an obvious guaranty for conceding goals at the end of the match?

We will never learn from our mistakes, never. Let's hope that Guardiola is really coach master and that he'll change our disgusting habits. :|

Nobody can be satisfied with our performances from Hoffenheim till now. [-X
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby Borusse » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:44 am

ramsej84 wrote:
Borusse wrote:What if you will be out of CL by then? :-k

be careful my friend cause Malaga aren't any easy, trust me...

I know, why people keep talking about Malaga? Im not the one who suggested my team will be in the semifinals. :P

You win Bundesliga games no matter how shit you play, that would be annoying if we would be chasing you for the title. :D

But this kind of performance won't stick if you want to eliminate Juventus.
Last edited by Borusse on Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:48 am

FCB general wrote:Neuer almost cost us 3 points yesterday. Major problem of Bayern - where are the players on goalposts? Why Neuer thinks that he is smarter than rest of the football world with not putting nobody to protect the goal in these situations?

I agree that it could be the better decision given the facts, but having players in the goalposts doesn't mean you will defend better on corners. A lot of GK don't want them (not only Neuer)

In fact I don't think that Drogba or Rolfes goals could have been avoided if we had had a player on the post. That was more about sloppy defending
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby lau03143 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:56 am

I'd have thought it was the coaches who decide if they want players on posts.

It's a tactic and it's the coaches who determine that. If they had sense they'd notice that and demand players on posts.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby samaj » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:57 am

FCB general wrote:4th bad match in row, 3rd in Bundesliga. When will they stop this disgrace?

Neuer almost cost us 3 points yesterday. Major problem of Bayern - where are the players on goalposts? Why Neuer thinks that he is smarter than rest of the football world with not putting nobody to protect the goal in these situations?

Why Jupp subs Robben who can hold the ball for one van Buyten who is an obvious guaranty for conceding goals at the end of the match?

We will never learn from our mistakes, never. Let's hope that Guardiola is really coach master and that he'll change our disgusting habits. :|

Nobody can be satisfied with our performances from Hoffenheim till now. [-X

What are you talking about, we put up a good display against a well defending team. Our only problem is converting the attack and the chances we have into goals, other than that we did good, our defense was good, our mid was beast. Even Robben played really good but did some bad decisions. And keep in mind, that for the first time we are playing with a different team no Kroos, Ribery and Muller. This just shows the quality we have, playing our bench players and end up winning away to Leverkusen. Think about it
"My Heart Is Here.
My Heart Is Red." -Schweinsteiger
samaj
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCB general » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:03 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:
FCB general wrote:Neuer almost cost us 3 points yesterday. Major problem of Bayern - where are the players on goalposts? Why Neuer thinks that he is smarter than rest of the football world with not putting nobody to protect the goal in these situations?

I agree that it could be the better decision given the facts, but having players in the goalposts doesn't mean you will defend better on corners. A lot of GK don't want them (not only Neuer)

In fact I don't think that Drogba or Rolfes goals could have been avoided if we had had a player on the post. That was more about sloppy defending

So this is somekind of new football 'fashion', not to put any player on the post? On Sport1 in Doppelpass they're disscusing about this issue. From what I saw yesterday, on the 1st post Neuer saved the goal, but on the 2nd nobody was there to block that shot. I thought right way that it could have been prevented, but it wasn't.

However, Neuer is the only guy to blame for that goal, no-one else. That's not just Neuer's problem, but also many other today's GKs. Older football fans and spectators don't agree with these GKs.

We are not good in these corner kicks, we have all for air dominance, but we lost 2 finals thanks to opponent's corner kicks. :roll:
Last edited by FCB general on Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:05 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Everytime Jupp makes a very defensive minded sub, we concede a goal.

I still can't believed we actually scored a winning goal

I pointed this out after the Arsenal game and it happened again just days later.

Yesterday I was more worried than ever by the sub, because it completely changed the structure of the team with Boateng moving to RB and Rafinha moving further up the field. We also didn't need the sub because we were comfortably in possession. If you ask me it would have been better if Contento was given some time with Alaba moving to the wing.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Element » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:38 pm

Bayern this season are the first team ever to win 12 away matches in one season!!!

ANOTHER RECORD
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby BayernLove » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:09 pm

In MY opinion, it was clearly Gustavo that let his man go too easily while ball watching for the near post, allowing Rolfes to slip on by unnoticed and nab himself an easy one.
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:22 pm

FCB general wrote: but on the 2nd nobody was there to block that shot. I thought right way that it could have been prevented, but it wasn't.

Even with a player in the far post it could have easily been a goal. Just look at our horrible defensive display in that corner kick

FCB general wrote: but we lost 2 finals thanks to opponent's corner kicks. :roll:

And this somehow proves my point. In that game against Manchester United we had a guy in every post in both corners

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:Everytime Jupp makes a very defensive minded sub, we concede a goal.

I still can't believed we actually scored a winning goal

I pointed this out after the Arsenal game and it happened again just days later.

Yesterday I was more worried than ever by the sub, because it completely changed the structure of the team with Boateng moving to RB and Rafinha moving further up the field. We also didn't need the sub because we were comfortably in possession. If you ask me it would have been better if Contento was given some time with Alaba moving to the wing.

Yes, I totally agree with this. Those subs by Jupp are a little bit weird because our team is not good for that kind of defensive play.

Playing more defenders doesn't mean you will defend better. Just look at Barça, they defend the score just holding the ball. I can understand defensive substitutions but yesterday those subs killed our game and we were very lucky to score a winning goal.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby FCB general » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:34 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Yes, I totally agree with this. Those subs by Jupp are a little bit weird because our team is not good for that kind of defensive play.

Playing more defenders doesn't mean you will defend better. Just look at Barça, they defend the score just holding the ball. I can understand defensive substitutions but yesterday those subs killed our game and we were very lucky to score a winning goal.

We don't possess those elements from Italian football school to know defend the lead in these situations like they do.

So this what you have said about Barca way of controlling the game during the lead is something what we need to practice, too. Quality individuals as ours must know to play that and I think we both expect to see that from them.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby SouthernStar » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:06 am

Lots of conflicting opinions on how we did, I didn't watch the match as I was down with heavy cold.

Whoscored puts in a pretty decent rating for us and according to them, we definitely played better than Leverkusen.

But anyway, how do you guys rate Leverkusen's performance on the other hand? And is this match's performance a step up from the Hoffenheim, Dusseldorf or the Arsenal game? Remember that we are also missing quite a few key players on this match.

I don't know if you'll call this crisis. Everytime Barca hit a bad patch, the world calls out crisis on them. When they mentioned that they lost against AC Milan or Real Madrid, they closed one eyes because these two are "big teams". IMO their performance against Deportivo was also less than convincing and then they turned a 4-0 victory and the world cries in their glory again.

I have not seen a team that can perform consistently well throughout the whole year, it's true that we are hitting a rough patch atm but is it really fair to call out a crisis? Will you guys call out this match a crisis?

EDIT: Just realized that this is Leverkusen's only 2nd loss of the season at home (3rd if you count the 0-1 to Benfica). Their other home loss at the Bundesliga was at Dortmund's hand at 2-3 scoreline, a very slim margin... But they are not in the best of form either recently, I don't know what you guys would make up from a 2-1 victory against Stuttgart and Augsburg and a goalless draw against Greuther Furth.
SouthernStar
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga