You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2013-03-16] Bayer 04 Leverkusen vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:30 pm

Bayer 04 Leverkusen will win
9%
It will end in a draw
9%
Bayern Munich will win
82%

Total votes : 11

Re: [2013-03-16] Bayer 04 Leverkusen vs Bayern Munich

Postby MoFattal » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:42 am

It's definitely not a crisis. Granted, we are going through a poor run at the moment, but at least we are getting the desired results (bar the Arsenal game, of course). This is very normal considering the tight schedule in recent months. I expect us to get back to our better self after the internationals.

The Leverkusen game did actually show some signs of improvement, especially in the first half. One has to keep in mind that Leverkusen were playing at home, with their best XI, and that they are actually pretty good at home. We, on the other hand, were playing with a real B-team, and we stayed defensively sound for the most of the game. Leverkusen did in fact pressure us a lot in the second half, but their chances weren't plentiful or worthy of note. So, I guess that's a good sign towards improvement.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:42 pm

I'm satisfied with our performance. We rested many players and we dominated the game against Leverkusen at their home. I think most of us are satisfied with our performance.

What I'm worried about are corner kicks and Jupp's defensive subs. Other than that it was a good game
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Jorge » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:07 pm

lau03143 wrote:I'd have thought it was the coaches who decide if they want players on posts.

It's a tactic and it's the coaches who determine that. If they had sense they'd notice that and demand players on posts.

What I find interesting is that up until WC 2010 the German trend was a pocket of 5 players around the goalkeeper, two small players on the posts with 3 towers on the edge of the small area, then floaters around man-marking. This system gave excellent results to Germany's women national team (which seems to be the testing ground for it) and became the standard for the Men NT until Del Bosque broke it staggering two players in front of the pocket in the WC SF. One player (I think it was Busquets) made a screen in front of Puyol who freely jumped basically over his back to connect the header, JLo still uses Lahm in one post while I have seen different players on the other but these days the pocket of 5 is less defined and the rest is more a mix of players man marking in front of the goal.

Interesting that Neuer being the same goalkeeper for both coaches is exposed two different ways which tells me that is either a sole decision of the coach or it is Neuer's approach while playing for Bayern while he has less freedom when it comes to decide what system to use under JLo.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:01 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Playing more defenders doesn't mean you will defend better. Just look at Barça, they defend the score just holding the ball. I can understand defensive substitutions but yesterday those subs killed our game and we were very lucky to score a winning goal.

I think that for a team like Barca or Bayern, it is only logical that by making a defensive sub you increase the chance of conceding. We are so good at keeping possession. By increasing the number of players in our area, you are automatically reducing the chances of retaining possession in midfield and allowing the opponent to attack more.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:09 am

Back from a long weekend break.

WHAT A GOAL, SON! :)

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:32 am

MoFattal

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby tflags » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:52 pm

Basti doing the samba thing really looks awful. :?
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby MoFattal » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:06 pm

He's been trying it for a while, but still a long way to go to reach D-level ;)
MoFattal

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Jorge » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:41 pm

tflags wrote:Basti doing the samba thing really looks awful. :?

ha ha ha: I recently watched a TV show where there is a segment to ridicule things that happen in football and they said the same thing, there was a line like: "Germans will always look like refrigerators being rocked when they try to dance samba"
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Previous

Return to Bundesliga