You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2017/2018 Bundesliga Generic Discussion Thread

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

Re: 2017/2018 Bundesliga Generic Discussion Thread

Postby DRvad14 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:09 pm

German professional football generates revenue in excess of €4 billion for the first time – 14 Bundesliga clubs with revenue over €100 million
German professional football set another new record in the 2016-17 season. The revenue generated by the 36 Bundesliga and Bundesliga 2 clubs increased once again, breaking through the €4 billion barrier for the first time and representing the 13th record year in succession. At exactly €4.01 billion, revenue was up 4.2 percent on the 2015-16 season. At the presentation of the “2018 DFL Report”, DFL CEO Christian Seifert also reported total revenue of €3.37 billion for the Bundesliga alone, an increase of around four percent on 2015-16 (€3.24 billion) and three times higher than the figure recorded in 2003-04 (€1.09 billion). 14 of the 18 Bundesliga clubs generated revenue in excess of €100 million.

The total revenue generated by the 18 Bundesliga 2 clubs also increased once again. After €608.3 million in the 2015-16 season, a new record of €635.2 million was set in 2016-17, corresponding to growth of 4.4 percent.

The Bundesliga clubs also set a new record in terms of equity, which amounted to €1.31 billion; this represents an increase of 60 percent in the last three years alone. Once again, 34 of the 36 clubs recorded positive EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation). As in the 2015-16 season, 16 of the 18 Bundesliga clubs generated a positive result after taxes. At €150 million, the cumulative total was down on the record set in 2015-16 (€206 million) but considerably higher than the figures for 2013-14 and 2014-15.

The taxes and duties paid by the 36 clubs and limited companies again exceeded €1 billion. With a new record of €1.17 billion in the 2016-17 season, the cumulative payments by professional football to the state as well as social security and accident insurance over the past ten years since 2007-08 increased to €8.57 billion.

In 2016-17, the number of people employed directly or indirectly within professional football also increased further to 54,275. For the first time, the 36 clubs and their subsidiaries employed more than 20,000 people directly.
DRvad14
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Isabella » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:36 am

Good. So HSV will finally go down and Horn will be free from Koln (and hopefully BVB will take him, they need a better goalkeeper for competing with us)
Isabella
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Italy

Postby klinsmann » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:44 pm

How the hell Köln managed to fight back after a goal down.

FT Leipzig 1:2 Köln.

Sent from my Redmi 4A using Tapatalk
Last edited by klinsmann on Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no right or wrong,
only yes and no. The rest are just bullshit.
klinsmann
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:52 pm

klinsmann wrote:How the hell Köln managed to fight back after a goal down.

And they are on level pts with HSv

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Isabella » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:54 pm

klinsmann wrote:How the hell Köln managed to fight back after a goal down.

I can not believe who Koln was able to win at Leipzig...
HSV finally down always more likely....
And looks like the second place curse is broken... BVB will stay second with any result of their match against Augsburg tomorrow
Isabella
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Italy

Postby FCB general » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:02 pm

Wow, unglaublich! They beat Leipzig away. What a return... That HSV must fall down and get relegated.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:28 pm

What happened to RBL this season? I haven't had time to watch much football (other than Bayern). Is it Keita being distracted? Forsberg hasn't been up to last season's level either? Hope they get stronger, we need some serious competition.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCB general » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:52 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:What happened to RBL this season? I haven't had time to watch much football (other than Bayern). Is it Keita being distracted? Forsberg hasn't been up to last season's level either? Hope they get stronger, we need some serious competition.

Just a normal stuff after a great debut Bundesliga season. :) Nothing unusual or never seen before in Germany.

You put all the puzzles together and you get a clear picture of a team, win promotion from the 3rd league, start destroying other teams in the 2st league who don't know with what they are facing actually, etc.
The same scenario goes after the winning the 1st league promotion as it happened in the Leipzig's case.

Then comes the 2nd season in the 1st league, elite clubs discover strong individuals, sign them, some players who stayed at a club don't remain in great shape, from one point of view the rest of the league met them and read them after their first season, they adapt while on the other side you don't keep improving your squad, you start playing European competitions and there are no more matches every 6-7 days, but every 3-4 days, something completely unfamiliar to many young and inexperienced players and you get exhausted, out of the regular rhythm of playing every 6-7 days, etc.

It's a process that takes years, you can't become a big club literally over a night and quite frankly I don't know how big in Leipzig they want to become. That's something that requires longer time to watch and find out.

Their are oriented on hiring young and perspective players at the moment, as well as their development, players who should carry their team in future, but we know that those kind of clubs have no bright and safe future at Leipzig due to immeasurable power, greed and power of European elite clubs with a focus on those from the Premier League and the state of mind of players who don't value the club enough but rather choose to move for a quick and large sum of money.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby Manchu » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:20 am

PunkCapitalist wrote:What happened to RBL this season? I haven't had time to watch much football (other than Bayern). Is it Keita being distracted? Forsberg hasn't been up to last season's level either? Hope they get stronger, we need some serious competition.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

They overperformed a lot in the first half of last season, and that was never going to last. Also, in addition to all the factors that
FCB general already mentioned, the management at RB Leipzig has no idea who their best players are and has benched excellent or very good mature players for inconsistent young talents. For example, Upamecano, who is 19 years old, has replaced the Stefan Illsanker, who is 28, at CB, even though Illsanker is probably Leipzig's second or third best player. This is a systematic issue. In 2016/17, the Leipzig players with the most playing time were Gulácsi, Demme, Halstenberg, Illsanker, Sabitzer, and Orban, with all but Sabitzer(who I wouldn't mind at Bayern) being in the "sweat spot" of consistent high performance between 24 and 30. By contrast, in 2017/18 the players with the most playing time are Gulácsi, Upamecano(19), Werner(21), Demme, Klostermann(21), and Orban.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby FCB general » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:43 am

Manchu wrote:They overperformed a lot in the first half of last season, and that was never going to last. Also, in addition to all the factors that

We can't say it's Hoffenheim 2.0 from 2008/2009, but that Hoffenheim team really looked damn young and talented and organized which isn't surprising since behind that and this [RB Leipzig] team stands the same person although in two different roles/functions. Well-known signature of Ralf Rangnick.
Hoffenheim also overperformed big time in the Hinrunde which was later proven by their decline in the Rückrunde and their 7th place in the end.

With Leipzig is a bit different situation and they managed to keep on going till the end by finishing 2nd on the table. Anything more than the mentioned 2nd place would have been equal to Kaiserslautern's 1997/1998 sensational Bundesliga title, if not even more than that since FCK has a tradition and name in German football and Leipzig is an artificial, plastic club(or whatever you like to name it) that came out of nothing but a capitalist mind and project.

So far from what we have seen, those private and corporate clubs such as Hoffenheim, Wolfsburg and Leverkusen aren't even nearly as successful as one would expect them to be after so many decades. They don't win domestic titles and they don't attract, ie sign world's biggest names.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby RAJBAYERN » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:11 am

for me leipzig doesnt have team for two competitions,

Amazing victory in Napoli, but later they mix the starting lineup with first and second team players for bundesliga games and they are terrible.

they will have to choose between bundesliga or europa league, hopefully they choose the international games, we need more them for coefficients...
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby FCB12Forever » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:14 am

HSV will finally be freed from their torment.

Horn and Hector will be released and let's see who can snatch them.
FCB12Forever
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby Achilles » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:15 pm

As long as the Bundesliga top teams can't keep their best players this situation will remain. The only project I could say is tempting are RB Leipzig's but they seem to struggle in depth(bench) and will be very important how they will handle the situations of Forsberg,Werner,Upamecano and all others core players. If they can renew them and keep them long-term they will build a great young core with super potential but you need those 5-6 "top players" to be there and believe in the project while you make signings to help them otherwise you'll start from scratch.

BVB with this "youngsters project" is doomed, the way they handled their players contract and transfer requests from 2012 till now shows their weaknesses, they will be a selling club forever with a couple great seasons and then again average.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:06 pm

I have to say Dortmund has also trouble with their players fitness

If most of their squad were fit, they could field a very strong lineup. They shouldn't struggle to reach the CL Top 16 every year.

But Reus, Goetze, Kagawa, Schuerrle, Weigl, etc etc etc are often injured and never in top form, so they end up struggling in all competitions
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby MaCk0y » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:43 pm

Since we got back Wolfhart, did we send them back their Doctor? :D
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com donator: Yes

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga