You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2017/2018 Bundesliga Generic Discussion Thread

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.
 

Re: 2017/2018 Bundesliga Generic Discussion Thread

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:41 pm

MaCk0y wrote:Wow! What an overhead kick by Harnik and what a save by Burki! Haha what a game!
Either Bayern or RBL can overtake BVB

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 27168
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 22143 times
Been thanked: 6204 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2017/2018 Bundesliga Generic Discussion Thread

Postby tflags » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:07 pm

Dortmund in a complete meltdown. I wonder how stable their coach feels?
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
User avatar
tflags
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 9085
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:41 pm
Location: Around the world... in 80 days.
National Flag:
Ecuador
Has thanked: 830 times
Been thanked: 2884 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2017/2018 Bundesliga Generic Discussion Thread

Postby Manchu » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:45 am

tflags wrote:Dortmund in a complete meltdown. I wonder how stable their coach feels?

Bosz's tactics seem to work exceptionally well against teams that haven't figured them out and really badly against teams that have figured them out. Unfortunately for him, he has no plan B, and more and more teams are going to figure his tactics out as the season goes on, as the best managers(often coaching the best teams) already have. I don't see good things in Dortmund's future. Never should have sacked Tuchel.
User avatar
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Posts: 322
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:34 am
Has thanked: 244 times
Been thanked: 256 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2017/2018 Bundesliga Generic Discussion Thread

Postby MUTU » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:54 am

Right after we lost in the Champions League against PSG, who of you would have guessed we would be sitting 3 points clear at the top of the Bundesliga table by the end of October? What an amazing turnaround!
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31582
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 5577 times
Been thanked: 8309 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2017/2018 Bundesliga Generic Discussion Thread

Postby MUTU » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:09 am

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31582
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 5577 times
Been thanked: 8309 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2017/2018 Bundesliga Generic Discussion Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:14 pm

Manchu wrote:
tflags wrote:Dortmund in a complete meltdown. I wonder how stable their coach feels?

Bosz's tactics seem to work exceptionally well against teams that haven't figured them out and really badly against teams that have figured them out. Unfortunately for him, he has no plan B, and more and more teams are going to figure his tactics out as the season goes on, as the best managers(often coaching the best teams) already have. I don't see good things in Dortmund's future. Never should have sacked Tuchel.

I'm sure Leipzig will overtake them soon too. Unless they figure out an alternative they won't finish top 2.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31366
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8833 times
Been thanked: 7441 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2017/2018 Bundesliga Generic Discussion Thread

Postby tflags » Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:34 pm

Plot twist: Liverpool fires Klopp. He's welcomed with open arms in Dortmund. Beats both Spurs and Madrid. Meets Heynckes at the CL finals in Madrid.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
User avatar
tflags
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 9085
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:41 pm
Location: Around the world... in 80 days.
National Flag:
Ecuador
Has thanked: 830 times
Been thanked: 2884 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2017/2018 Bundesliga Generic Discussion Thread

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:11 pm

tflags wrote:Plot twist: Liverpool fires Klopp. He's welcomed with open arms in Dortmund. Beats both Spurs and Madrid. Meets Heynckes at the CL finals in Madrid.
Joke aside, I do think Klopp will get sacked sooner rather than later. Liverpool fans are not really happy about him, they think he is underperforming, and I agree; Liverpool has a strong enough squad to fight the 3rd (or 4th) place with Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham, and finish behind the Manchesters. He is still within distance, but I don't expect him to get that CL place by the end of the season.

He burnt out rather quickly IMO.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
User avatar
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 5517
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 2381 times
Been thanked: 2268 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2017/2018 Bundesliga Generic Discussion Thread

Postby RedQueen » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:46 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Manchu wrote:
tflags wrote:Dortmund in a complete meltdown. I wonder how stable their coach feels?

Bosz's tactics seem to work exceptionally well against teams that haven't figured them out and really badly against teams that have figured them out. Unfortunately for him, he has no plan B, and more and more teams are going to figure his tactics out as the season goes on, as the best managers(often coaching the best teams) already have. I don't see good things in Dortmund's future. Never should have sacked Tuchel.

I'm sure Leipzig will overtake them soon too. Unless they figure out an alternative they won't finish top 2.

Unless Leipzig figure out how to finish games with 11 players they won't overtake BVB. Let alone Bayern.

For now, Hasenhüttl has announced that he'll train 10 vs 11 players in preparation for the next game against Bayern.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
User avatar
RedQueen
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1785
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:58 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 119 times
Been thanked: 922 times
Gender: Female

Re: 2017/2018 Bundesliga Generic Discussion Thread

Postby Achilles » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:49 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
tflags wrote:Plot twist: Liverpool fires Klopp. He's welcomed with open arms in Dortmund. Beats both Spurs and Madrid. Meets Heynckes at the CL finals in Madrid.
Joke aside, I do think Klopp will get sacked sooner rather than later. Liverpool fans are not really happy about him, they think he is underperforming, and I agree; Liverpool has a strong enough squad to fight the 3rd (or 4th) place with Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham, and finish behind the Manchesters. He is still within distance, but I don't expect him to get that CL place by the end of the season.

C'mon now... they play beautifully offensively when the opponent doesn't park the bus, which coach could cope with that garbage defensive line of Liverpool's ? Klopp's only fault is for not asking a complete defensive overhaul. He is an excellent coach, a bit naive and impulsive which is a disadvantage for a manager apart from that he is master tactician offensively,pressing and the physicality of their team is great.

Mignolet,Moreno,Clyne,Gomez,Lovren,Matip,Klavan are we joking? these players are West Brom level at best...
Mia san mia
User avatar
Achilles
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2100
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:36 am
Has thanked: 595 times
Been thanked: 1220 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2017/2018 Bundesliga Generic Discussion Thread

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:41 pm

RedQueen wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Manchu wrote:[quote="tflags"]Dortmund in a complete meltdown. I wonder how stable their coach feels?

Bosz's tactics seem to work exceptionally well against teams that haven't figured them out and really badly against teams that have figured them out. Unfortunately for him, he has no plan B, and more and more teams are going to figure his tactics out as the season goes on, as the best managers(often coaching the best teams) already have. I don't see good things in Dortmund's future. Never should have sacked Tuchel.

I'm sure Leipzig will overtake them soon too. Unless they figure out an alternative they won't finish top 2.

Unless Leipzig figure out how to finish games with 11 players they won't overtake BVB. Let alone Bayern.

For now, Hasenhüttl has announced that he'll train 10 vs 11 players in preparation for the next game against Bayern.[/quote]He is a joker big time...
He knows that both red were legitimate

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 27168
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 22143 times
Been thanked: 6204 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2017/2018 Bundesliga Generic Discussion Thread

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:42 pm

Achilles wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:
tflags wrote:Plot twist: Liverpool fires Klopp. He's welcomed with open arms in Dortmund. Beats both Spurs and Madrid. Meets Heynckes at the CL finals in Madrid.
Joke aside, I do think Klopp will get sacked sooner rather than later. Liverpool fans are not really happy about him, they think he is underperforming, and I agree; Liverpool has a strong enough squad to fight the 3rd (or 4th) place with Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham, and finish behind the Manchesters. He is still within distance, but I don't expect him to get that CL place by the end of the season.

C'mon now... they play beautifully offensively when the opponent doesn't park the bus, which coach could cope with that garbage defensive line of Liverpool's ? Klopp's only fault is for not asking a complete defensive overhaul. He is an excellent coach, a bit naive and impulsive which is a disadvantage for a manager apart from that he is master tactician offensively,pressing and the physicality of their team is great.

Mignolet,Moreno,Clyne,Gomez,Lovren,Matip,Klavan are we joking? these players are West Brom level at best...
This.
With some proper defenders Liverpool can achieve big things

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 27168
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 22143 times
Been thanked: 6204 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2017/2018 Bundesliga Generic Discussion Thread

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:57 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
Achilles wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:[quote="tflags"]Plot twist: Liverpool fires Klopp. He's welcomed with open arms in Dortmund. Beats both Spurs and Madrid. Meets Heynckes at the CL finals in Madrid.
Joke aside, I do think Klopp will get sacked sooner rather than later. Liverpool fans are not really happy about him, they think he is underperforming, and I agree; Liverpool has a strong enough squad to fight the 3rd (or 4th) place with Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham, and finish behind the Manchesters. He is still within distance, but I don't expect him to get that CL place by the end of the season.

C'mon now... they play beautifully offensively when the opponent doesn't park the bus, which coach could cope with that garbage defensive line of Liverpool's ? Klopp's only fault is for not asking a complete defensive overhaul. He is an excellent coach, a bit naive and impulsive which is a disadvantage for a manager apart from that he is master tactician offensively,pressing and the physicality of their team is great.

Mignolet,Moreno,Clyne,Gomez,Lovren,Matip,Klavan are we joking? these players are West Brom level at best...
This.
With some proper defenders Liverpool can achieve big things

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk[/quote]I'm not denying that Liverpool had some really underwhelming choices for defense, but the fact is this is Klopp's third season and he has barely done a thing to address the subject. I do like their attacking progress, thought; but still find Klopp to be underwhelming as a manager lately.

Also of note; when Pep had us scoring 8 goals past Hamburg and the likes, but didn't fix the defensive frailties, none of you seemed to approved. Because Klopp is German, it doesn't mean he should get a pass on his defensive deficiencies.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
User avatar
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 5517
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 2381 times
Been thanked: 2268 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2017/2018 Bundesliga Generic Discussion Thread

Postby RedQueen » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:12 pm

Bremen lost to Augsburg 0-3 at home. This will likely be the end of Nouri.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
User avatar
RedQueen
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1785
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:58 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 119 times
Been thanked: 922 times
Gender: Female

Re: 2017/2018 Bundesliga Generic Discussion Thread

Postby Manchu » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:47 pm

Can't see tweet? Click here!
We're back on track, and it looks like Leverkusen is too. Our average goalimpact is lower than normal due to Neuer+Muller+Lewandowski+Ribery+Bernat being injured-if the first three were fit it would be north of 177. The other apparent thing is that Dortmund is badly underperforming against good teams--with that quality of players they should be a match for Real Madrid.
User avatar
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Posts: 322
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:34 am
Has thanked: 244 times
Been thanked: 256 times
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest