You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2017/2018 Bundesliga Generic Discussion Thread

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

2017/2018 Bundesliga Generic Discussion Thread

Postby #12 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:35 pm

Anyone still thinking Dortmund aren't better or not a threat? They even win the shit games now...
Last edited by #12 on Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Re: 2017/2018 Bundesliga Generic Discussion Thread

Postby RedQueen » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:04 pm

^That entirely depends on who will be on Bayern's bench come Monday (or in two weeks).

pyrasur wrote:I was listening to a podcast on the Bundesliga and was wondering about the forums opinion on a topic. Uersfeld was discussing the decline of the Bundesliga, how many of the second tier clubs have dropped off and don't play good football but instead hope for 1-0 wins or 0-0 draws. In the past the German league was home to exciting attacking football, something that looked like tactics and innovation, but now is a total shell of itself.

For me that second tier of Schalke, Gladbach, and Leverkusen have just fallen off a cliff. They may have been disappointingly mediocre in Europe but at least they gave the Bundesliga a level of quality in the past. Now as much as I have been disappointed in Carlo Ancelotti, he was right about one thing, Bayern could basically in the past year or two walk to the title with their hands in their pocket. Even this horrible Bayern this year could probably stumble onto the title.

Leverkusen i think looks like they have a half decent squad and could maybe do something competitive. Gladbach has a defense that belongs at the bottom of the English league and will never go anywhere if Kramer is their answer for the midfield. Schalke they buy players with nothing that looks like a plan to me.

Red Bull Leipzig I think are the only club that has the squad, something of a vision, and the finances to do something creditable for the league, and I'll give them a pass on this current year as inexperienced in how to handle the big leagues. I hope in the next years they fill the competitive void.

In short the Bundesliga for me is in a crisis. Please discuss :)

Leverkusen, Schalke and Gladbach all need a better coach. I'm very underwhelmed with the new miracle coach Tedesco. Hecking is solid and nothing more, and with Herrlich I'm not sure he's even solid. I still like the Leverkusen squad.

Leipzig need another three or four transfer windows (winter + summer). Money (or rather FFP) is the issue, was the issue this summer already, CL came two seasons too early. You can't turn a 2nd division squad into a CL squad within two transfer windows.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Isabella » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:44 am

#12 wrote:Anyone still thinking Dortmund aren't better or not a threat? They even win the shit games now...

Dortmund this year started really well and that is incredible considering how many of their players are injured (and they are paying for it in CL but with their group of death is logical... They played away with Tottenham and at home with Real and were really unlucky both times). The Dembele’s transfert has not damaged at all the team
Isabella
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Italy

Postby RedQueen » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:17 pm

RB with two 18 y/o CBs today and no Werner. Let's see how that works out.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:31 pm

Congrats BVB

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:32 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Congrats BVB

A little late, but welcome to the party...

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:34 pm

First time in hist that bayern threw away a 2-0 lead twice in a row

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:36 pm

Like I said before, I will only raise the flags once we have an actual coach and the team keeps flopping. Otherwise, I will keep hoping for better results because our players are still of the best our there, regardless of our idiotic transfer season.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:44 pm

MoFattal wrote:Like I said before, I will only raise the flags once we have an actual coach and the team keeps flopping. Otherwise, I will keep hoping for better results because our players are still of the best our there, regardless of our idiotic transfer season.

Dude, we're 5 points behind... 6 basically... You know when that happened for the last time? We never turned something like this around... Never!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MaCk0y » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:02 pm

ramsej84 wrote:First time in hist that bayern threw away a 2-0 lead twice in a row

Commentator said 2004.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:04 pm

MoFattal wrote:Like I said before, I will only raise the flags once we have an actual coach and the team keeps flopping. Otherwise, I will keep hoping for better results because our players are still of the best our there, regardless of our idiotic transfer season.

This. With Carlo gone i have hope again. Sagnol is an intermediary stage so he doesn't count much.

Maybe the Bundesliga will be very hard but it doesn't mean season over yet. And if we don't win it, no big deal, we've won 5 in a row. We'll be back
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:07 pm

MaCk0y wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:First time in hist that bayern threw away a 2-0 lead twice in a row

Commentator said 2004.

That wasn't consecutive BUNDESLIGA games

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:08 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:

This. With Carlo gone i have hope again. Sagnol is an intermediary stage so he doesn't count much.

Maybe the Bundesliga will be very hard but it doesn't mean season over yet. And if we don't win it, no big deal, we've won 5 in a row. We'll be back

Not at the European top... And not soon... Dortmund have the better squad... More balanced, more versatile, younger...

Fun fact: this is the third time they're becoming champions 6 years after winning back to back championships...

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RedQueen » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:35 pm

#12, you're completely overreacting as usual. You're acting like Dortmund are sure to continue the season in that fashion and win like every game. When has that ever happened? That didn't even happen under Tuchel in his first season there. Has Bosz turned into a super-coach over night all of a sudden?

Their squad isn't better. All Bayern needs to turn the tide is a winger and of course a new coach.
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:39 pm

#12 wrote:Fun fact: this is the third time they're becoming champions 6 years after winning back to back championships...

I'm sure Borusse is looking forward to 2025. :P
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga