You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2016/2017 Bundesliga Generic Discussion Thread

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

Re: 2016/2017 Bundesliga Generic Discussion Thread

Postby Jorge » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:30 pm

Luck can come in a lot of different ways but definitely you need to do your part to create the right circumstances for things to happen or preventing from happening.

We start with the draw for the KO stage, an exercise of pure luck, because we did not win our group we put ourselves in a position where the probabilities of having good luck are diminished. Then, in the games themselves many things can happen in the span of 90 minutes and the space of 60,000 square feet but ultimately creating chances for yourself and preventing the opponent from creating chances reduces the element of luck as a factor that will determine the outcome of the competition. Not always the best team wins but most of the times the best team wins.

Take the 1999 UCL final as an example, we scored in the 6th minute and managed the entire game to arrive to the 90th minute still leading but they scored twice in two minutes, what are the chances of this happening in a CL final? Were we unlucky, were they lucky? Partially, because both teams contributed to the situation that created both goals and the unique outcome.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:35 pm

Jorge wrote:Luck can come in a lot of different ways but definitely you need to do your part to create the right circumstances for things to happen or preventing from happening.

We start with the draw for the KO stage, an exercise of pure luck, because we did not win our group we put ourselves in a position where the probabilities of having good luck are diminished. Then, in the games themselves many things can happen in the span of 90 minutes and the space of 60,000 square feet but ultimately creating chances for yourself and preventing the opponent from creating chances reduces the element of luck as a factor that will determine the outcome of the competition. Not always the best team wins but most of the times the best team wins.

Take the 1999 UCL final as an example, we scored in the 6th minute and managed the entire game to arrive to the 90th minute still leading but they scored twice in two minutes, what are the chances of this happening in a CL final? Were we unlucky, were they lucky? Partially, because both teams contributed to the situation that created both goals and the unique outcome.

why, why you mention that... ?
It hurts more than the one from 2012 ... cause at least we had three other chances to seal it... but that infamous one we just couldn't ...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:45 pm

Basler scoring from the FK, nothing unusual. Beckham accurately crossing from the corners, nothing unusual.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby Lukas » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:23 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
Jorge wrote:Luck can come in a lot of different ways but definitely you need to do your part to create the right circumstances for things to happen or preventing from happening.

It hurts more than the one from 2012 ... cause at least we had three other chances to seal it... but that infamous one we just couldn't ...

I was going to say that English clubs have had a fair share of luck in the competition whenever they've won it recently but I didn't want to remind anyone else of either of those games (although fortunately I don't remember 99 myself and have never seen it, even before I got into Bayern)
Lukas
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Postby Jorge » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:26 pm

ramsej84 wrote:why, why you mention that... ?

At the time I think I spent months talking about those two minutes, we endlessly talked about luck not being on our side since it was unusual for Fink to mishit the ball for a poor clearance, then Giggs' strike is also a mishit that luckily for them ends up and a perfect pass for Sheringham.

Didn't we hit the posts like 3 times? But well it wouldn't be fair for ManU to have a goal without posts :wink:

Sorry I can't watch it again but for anyone brave enough here are the highligths:

Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:45 pm

Lukas wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:

I was going to say that English clubs have had a fair share of luck in the competition whenever they've won it recently but I didn't want to remind anyone else of either of those games (although fortunately I don't remember 99 myself and have never seen it, even before I got into Bayern)

Lucky you...
I remember all the events...
Deep in my heart I had a feeling that they were going to score ... cause they were known for it...I knew it but never ever imagined that they will score a second...
I remember that I was drinking water from a bottle... as it went in I could not swollow the water and had to throw it out.I went crying in the bathroom and while I was coming back I the voice of the bastard on tv screaming like a bitch... ,"goal iehor goal iehor" (another goal ... another goal) I ran to the living room only to find Kuffour crying and punching the floor.
I cried and I cried all night long.
The morning after was more horrible.
On my way to school in every corner I would hear everyone talking about the night before on how **** luky man u were....
Finally at school. All non man u supporters were supporting bayern.
I joined a fellow bayern fan but I was not able to speak ... a die hard man u fan in our class fell victim of some punches from other class mates
To make matters worse on that particular day(the day after the debacle in Barcelona) my local team lost the FA Trophy final vs our bitter rivals...
Two beautiful days indeed

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:31 am

.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby JANCKER » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:34 am

JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby pyrasur » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:03 am

TOTW - 4 CF, 3 wingers, 2 FB, 1 CB, 1 GK.

Lol I don't know whose team of the week that is, but it seems lacking in some areas.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby JANCKER » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:05 am

Bundesliga official TOTW
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:45 pm

GOAL Ingolstadt 1-0 Leipzig
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:59 pm

And Koeln too

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:33 pm

Are BVB struggling against the same teams we did? I got that impression.
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:17 pm

Foxx id dortmund...1-1

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:23 pm

5 minutes added in Ing - Leipzig, what happened? :P
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga