You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2016/2017 Bundesliga Generic Discussion Thread

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

Re: 2016/2017 Bundesliga Generic Discussion Thread

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:44 pm

ramsej84 wrote:but sorry it does not make sense... Imagine the team finishing first end up with let say 10 pts + ... Is it fair ? NO ...

This is how american sports work if i'm not mistaken. Always thought american sports are crazy and badly designed.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ottackon » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:00 pm

MUTU wrote:I really, really dislike it. We've already seen how boring watching the Bundesliga becomes when Bayern mathematically win the league in April or earlier. Now, it'll get boring when Bayern mathematically achieve a top 4 finish, which would happen way earlier!

The huge difference is that you don't know who is the Bundesliga champion by March with playoffs.
ottackon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby MUTU » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:08 pm

ottackon wrote:
MUTU wrote:I really, really dislike it. We've already seen how boring watching the Bundesliga becomes when Bayern mathematically win the league in April or earlier. Now, it'll get boring when Bayern mathematically achieve a top 4 finish, which would happen way earlier!

The huge difference is that you don't know who is the Bundesliga champion by March with playoffs.

My point is that for one-third of the Bayern BL matches you'd end up watching would be nothing but friendlies. Where's the excitement in that?

In the last 3 seasons we saw what happened when we mathematically won the league: the level of performances in all competitions went down a notch. If this will be implemented, the lethargic approach would start far earlier.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ottackon » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:36 pm

Where's the excitement in the last 4 seasons ?
ottackon

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:49 pm

to make it more competitive one has to reduce the teams. 15 and no more...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:53 pm

I think the Pokal serves the purpose of domestic knockout tournaments just fine. Maybe it should be given a bit more exposure or somehow improve its early-season competitiveness, but there's no benefit in turning the league into a knockout tournament.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby JANCKER » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:54 pm

.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby JANCKER » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:42 pm

Borussia Dortmund coach Thomas Tuchel would support the introduction of play-offs for the Bundesliga title.

"Why not? It would give the runners-up, third and fourth the chance to be champion."

"I do not think play-offs are far-fetched. I am basically very open to rule changes."

.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby MUTU » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:52 pm

ottackon wrote:Where's the excitement in the last 4 seasons ?

So you want to reduce it not add it up? And in the end not the most consistent team wins, but the one with the better form & luck at the end of the season.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:17 pm

JANCKER wrote:Borussia Dortmund coach Thomas Tuchel would support the introduction of play-offs for the Bundesliga title.

"Why not? It would give the runners-up, third and fourth the chance to be champion."

"I do not think play-offs are far-fetched. I am basically very open to rule changes."

Football is really getting desperate with these sort of ideas, silly ideas. They just can't admit that 21 years agp the damage was made and very quickly ruined absolutely everything in the football world. But okay, if they are convinced that this would correct everything, be my guest. :)
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby ottackon » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:30 pm

MUTU wrote:

So you want to reduce it not add it up? And in the end not the most consistent team wins, but the one with the better form & luck at the end of the season.

Considering the stranglehold of money and therefore, power, that Bayern have over the rest of the german clubs, the idea behind playoffs is parity. The number of teams in the Bundesliga is quite misleading. Often only one or two have any realistic chance of claiming the title. The rest are basically there for atmosphere these days, to play host or foil to the contenders on their visits. That's a recipe for dull entertainment if there ever was one.
Despite all this, I think the real parity can only be achieved by imposing a salary cap, but that's another story.
ottackon

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:32 pm

Serie A here we come...

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:02 pm

ottackon wrote:
MUTU wrote:

Considering the stranglehold of money and therefore, power, that Bayern have over the rest of the german clubs, the idea behind playoffs is parity. The number of teams in the Bundesliga is quite misleading. Often only one or two have any realistic chance of claiming the title. The rest are basically there for atmosphere these days, to play host or foil to the contenders on their visits. That's a recipe for dull entertainment if there ever was one.
Despite all this, I think the real parity can only be achieved by imposing a salary cap, but that's another story.

This is beside the point. If only one or two teams are in with a chance of winning the league the way it is, it's because they are the best teams in the league and they deserve to win.

The whole idea of a league is in fact that: trying to award the champion title to the most deserving club.

Otherwise, if they're not going to be awarding the best club they might as well play all matches and then choose the winner in a lottery so that everyone has a chance of winning.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:27 pm

MUTU wrote:There are some proposals for a reform of the Bundesliga that would make it less of a league and more of a cup. The proposal is that when the league is over, the 1st and 4th places play a semi-final, while the 2nd and 3rd places play another semi-final. The winners of the semi-final would contest a final to determine who wins the Bundesliga! [source]

I really disagree with this because you reduce the league to qualifiers. You can take it relaxed, finish fourth and still win the Bundesliga.

So the rest of Germany has finally woken up to the fact that Bayern are the most consistent team in Europe. At the moment we are close to unstoppable in league format but defeatable in KOs, as the past 5 seasons have shown. I bet that if the Champions League was truly a league we would also win regularly.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:35 pm

MUTU wrote:So you want to reduce it not add it up? And in the end not the most consistent team wins, but the one with the better form & luck at the end of the season.

Exactly. The rest of the season pretty much loses its point especially for us Bayern fans. There will be times when we might not finish first, but we all know we will finish in the top 4. Heck, ever since I've been watching Bayern regularly we have NEVER finished outside the top 4 (iirc, when we failed to qualify for the CL we finished in 4th place). The whole season for us will become just a waiting period till May/June to see who we'll play this season. And tbh, the same thing applies for Dortmund and the last 2 places will be a rotation between 4 or so teams.

If they want to vary the title winners in Germany, they should introduce a top 8 summer KO instead of the Super Cup and follow the Coppa Italia model by making Pokal semi-finals two-legged. Bundesliga should remain as it is.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga