You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2006/2007 Bundesliga generic discussion thread

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

2006/2007 Bundesliga generic discussion thread

Postby Miss Dangerous » Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:11 pm

BERLIN, Germany -- Werder Bremen went top of the Bundesliga with a 6-0 thrashing of VfL Bochum on Saturday as previous leaders Hertha Berlin were beaten 4-2 by champions Bayern Munich.

Werder scored five goals in the final half hour after Aaron Hunt had put them ahead in the seventh minute. :)

Germany striker Lukas Podolski scored his first Bundesliga goal for Bayern who had struggled with just seven goals in their first six matches. :D

Five teams were even on 10 points going into the weekend matches with Hertha leading on goal difference. Werder, with 13 points, now lead Bayern and Schalke 04, who also have 13. :wink:

After Hunt set Werder on their way, the new league leaders had to wait for an hour before Christian Schulz doubled up. :roll:

That sparked the opening of the floodgates with the rout completed by second-half substitute Jurica Vranjes, Ribas Diego, Clemens Fritz and Ronaldo Naldo who converted a final minute free-kick.

Hertha, who went into the weekend at the head of the pack, slipped to seventh after falling to the might of Bayern who raced into a two-goal lead in the first quarter of an hour with goals from Roy Makaay and France international defender Willy Sagnol.

Claudio Pizarro extended the hosts' advantage on 53 minutes but that triggered a fightback from Hertha who fought back with goals from Malik Fathi and Marko Pantelic.

But Bayern's three points were finally assured by Podolski, who moved to Bayern in the summer from FC Koeln

Podolski's former club fell to two off the foot of the table after their loss against Schalke which they finished with 10-men after the first-half red card picked up by Czech international David Jarolim. :P

Halil Altintrop put Schalke in front in the 16th minute with Piotr Trochowksi leveling on the half hour.

Brazilian Bordon put Schalke back in front after the break with their goalkeeper Frank Rost then saving Boubacar Sanogo's 48th minute penalty awarded for a foul on Juan Pablo Sorin. :mrgreen:
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Werder go top after six-goal rout...!!

Postby MUTU » Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:28 pm

Miss Dangerous wrote:But Bayern's three points were finally assured by Podolski, who moved to Bayern in the summer from Hamburg.

Podolski's former club fell to two off the foot of the table after their loss against Schalke which they finished with 10-men after the first-half red card picked up by Czech international David Jarolim.

Huh? Podolski was a Cologne player.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Miss Dangerous » Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:22 am

Huh? Podolski was a Cologne player.

Yes! you are right.. it was the source`s mistake and I didn`t notic that. sorry!! :?
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Sabik » Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:30 pm

It was unbelievable how Bremen has outshone Bochum.
Six different scorers by six goals - not bad
however, Klose is still waitint for a goal by himself for a long time

this will become a top play next week ;)
Sabik
Getting the hang of it

Bremen

Postby fanOfBayern » Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:28 pm

Bremen are a crazy unit...
they just thrashed Mainz 6-1 ...that too away from home????????
what's wrong with them...and what the hell is wrong with us... :shock:
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Re: Bremen

Postby Mirage » Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:37 pm

fanOfBayern wrote:Bremen are a crazy unit...
they just thrashed Mainz 6-1 ...that too away from home????????
what's wrong with them...and what the hell is wrong with us... :shock:

Yeah I knooow =S
I saw Klose scored twice though, soo happy for him :)
Who got the sixth goal? I haven't bothered checking livescorer since I saw it was 5-1.

Bremen's goal difference must be huge in comparison now. But Mainz aren't a great outfit this season anyway...

Still, not looking forward to our home game with them!
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby tracylynn » Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:04 am

First of all, Mainz is not a good team. However, they might not be good but they sure don't give up. They fought until time ran out which is something Bayern needs to do.

With that said, I don't think there's anything wrong with Bremen. I just think that they finally found their grove, their rhythm. Bayern, on the other hand, has yet to discover their rhythm and I think that's one part of our problem.

Congrats to Klose!!!! Yeah!!!!
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby Miss Dangerous » Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:09 am

I really wanna Deigo to play for Bayern!! 8)
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby diegis » Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:22 am

Miss Dangerous...!! wrote:I really wanna Deigo to play for Bayern!! 8)

thats almost impossible
diego is not for sale :roll:
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby diegis » Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:22 am

thats almost impossible
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Miss Dangerous » Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:53 am

supr4king wrote:

thats almost impossible

We will give them an offer they can`t refuse!!! :twisted:
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Return to Bundesliga