You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2013-02-02] 1. FSV Mainz 05 vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:30 pm

1. FSV Mainz 05 will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
11%
Bayern Munich will win
89%

Total votes : 19

Re: [2013-02-02] 1. FSV Mainz 05 vs Bayern Munich

Postby BayernLove » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:13 pm

SchwanMunich wrote:(...) 2 [games] against Madrid in semis, Mario Gomez (...) scored 1 goal. And if you recall that one bounced off of him and went in.

None of RM's strikers scored, Gomez did.
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby RAJBAYERN » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:47 pm

This discussion about Robben, Gomez with Mandzukic and Muller, definitely has tired me.

At the beginning, I was a little confused of what was Heynckes doing with Gomez and Robben, but right now, after this game, he showed me that Muller and Mandzukic deserve to be in the starting line up, because their performance, in this year, are being at the top, better than other players, like Ribery...

The problem here is that it scare me that both players, their better moments and performance at bayern was in bundesliga, and do not in champions league, specially Mandzukic, but its time for them to have their opportunity to take the next step, carrying their good performance and score capacity in champions league.

Mandzukic and Muller had between them 25 goals scored of 51 in bundesliga , 50 % of the team so its time to start believing in them, they are really our best combination.

Finally, any decision that Heynckes will take, for me will be right..
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby FCB general » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:29 pm

Looks like Müller better cooperates with Olić and Mandžukić profile of strikers than Gomez' type.

Yesterday the match was really good in the 2nd half. The first half was so boring with only serious 2 chances(Martínez header and Müller's goal).
Tuchel has made a great tactical job in the first half keeping Bayern far from Mainz goal, but after leading goal they haven't got a real chance to hit back. In the 2nd half Mainz totally colapsed and it was much easier to get closer opponent's box.
Both Bayern fullbacks played awesome game with 2 assists to Mandžukić who didn't have difficult job to put them behind Wetklo. Kroos was outstanding as well, on the top level, with a fantastic assist to put Müller in the action where he's solving 1-on-1 situation like a real striker. He is outstanding and I recall when the many people criticized Kroos, but Jupp has believed in him whole time and today we can't almost imagine first 11 without our #39 CAM.

But the most important, our last line was perfect and that's promising a lot for this 2012/13 campaign. We all know that strong defence are winning titles. Finally we solve this problem. Even 35-year-old van Buyten plays well near Mr. Dante.

With this approach in away matches I expect dominance in Bundesliga.

Some records will certainly be broken. 8) Just keep going like this FCB! :thumbup:
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby Jorge » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:59 pm

This whole thing started to look like a 2:00 AM conversation at the bar but what I can't stand anymore are those smart coaches here claiming that Muller is not a Right Winger or is not good enough on the right wing.

Where are you getting that from? Muller has played his best football while on the wing and the best two coaches that he ever had (Joachim and Jupp) preffered him on the wing. Muller won the golden boot at the World Cup on the right wing and has played 95% of the time with the National team on the right. Muller is playing his best season ever and he is playing more than 90% of the times as a right winger. He is not the "transporter"" type of winger like Ribery and Robben but he is a highly effective 1-2 touch winger, the type that passes and runs to the space and his field vision on counterattacks is a few light years ahead of Robben and Ribery put together.

Beat me with a stick but facts do not prove wrong, I leave you with assumptions and theory and good luck with that.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby SchwanMunich » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:54 pm

BayernLove wrote:
SchwanMunich wrote:(...) 2 [games] against Madrid in semis, Mario Gomez (...) scored 1 goal. And if you recall that one bounced off of him and went in.

None of RM's strikers scored, Gomez did.

So you consider 1 goal and 0 assists in the 4 biggest games of the season a great return for a striker? Or we can just take a look at the finals where Gomez had 0 goals and 0 assists. Is that a great return?

I sure as hell don't think so.
SchwanMunich
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby BayernLove » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:05 pm

Imagine Robben playing as CAM, that's what I want to see.
It may sound crazy, BUUUUTT:
1- He stays inside rather that cutting inside, and he's decent at making space for himself (despite Muller being allocated that job, mainly) hopefully he doesn't Torres it continuously this way.
2- He, Mandzu, and Mueller would swap positions multiple times during the game, you saw what effect THAT had on the Dortmund defense.
3- He can connect and make good plays sometimes, especially if he passes the ball that teensy bit more.
BayernLove

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby spotman » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:34 pm

Haha I never knew that having an opinion on a player's natural position makes me a "coach".

Look... I'm sticking to my opinion. We've had a great BL run so far - but recently we've had some VERY boring unconvincing wins. I always wanna go for a smoke break everytime we play down the right....
MIA SAN MIA
spotman
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Canada

Postby spotman » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:45 pm

And 1 quick question.... Do you honestly think that if Ribery had a injury lay off and we were winning without him with Shaqiri on the left - he'd be benched like this on his return?
MIA SAN MIA
spotman
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Canada

Postby SchwanMunich » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:01 pm

spotman wrote:Haha I never knew that having an opinion on a player's natural position makes me a "coach".

Look... I'm sticking to my opinion. We've had a great BL run so far - but recently we've had some VERY boring unconvincing wins. I always wanna go for a smoke break everytime we play down the right....

I definitely respect your opinion, and I agree to disagree agreeably :D

As for the Ribery question, I think part of Robben's problem is that he is constantly injured. If this was a 1 time thing he'd be back in the lineup already. Plus, Shaqiri is a new player. Muller has been with the team and is an established player. I hope Robben can stay fit and continue to work hard for the team like he did Saturday. He can change games with sheer individual brilliance, and I do see him shining at some point in the near future, he's got too much quality not to.

@BayernLove - I've always thought Robbens best position would be at CAM and often thought of a similar formation of interchanging players. That would interesting to see. Where would you stick Kroos then?
SchwanMunich
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby MoFattal » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:29 pm

@ Robben at CAM: the problem is that Robben gets dispossessed many times during the game.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby BayernLove » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:32 pm

SchwanMunich wrote:Where would you stick Kroos?

BayernLove

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby spotman » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:44 pm

I have no idea why my post doubled.... Damn playbook.

I dont think Kroos should be benched.... Nor do I think muller should.... I just want to see some rotation.
MIA SAN MIA
spotman
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Canada

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:47 pm

And also this season we struggled in CL (Bate, Valencia, Lille). In fact our best games were when Robben was playing :lol:
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby RAJBAYERN » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:54 pm

spotman wrote:And 1 quick question.... Do you honestly think that if Ribery had a injury lay off and we were winning without him with Shaqiri on the left - he'd be benched like this on his return?

[-X [-X [-X
For me this question cant be related with what happen with Muller and Robben, just because anyone cant compare the rookie (Shaqiri) with a young master (Müller).
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

National Flag:
India

Postby SchwanMunich » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:15 am

This team is just loaded with talent. I was happy with the performance of DVB and Dante together in the middle. Lahm and alaba were great going forward too, and each one of them notched an assist.

It's crazy to think we were without Badstuber, Shaqiri, Contento, and Rafinha and we still had a bench of Tymo, Robben, Gomez, Starke, Gustavo, Pizarro, and Oliver Kahn. Hats off to the management for putting together such a strong squad.
SchwanMunich
Yeah, now I'm talking!

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga