You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2013-02-02] 1. FSV Mainz 05 vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:30 pm

1. FSV Mainz 05 will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
11%
Bayern Munich will win
89%

Total votes : 19

Re: [2013-02-02] 1. FSV Mainz 05 vs Bayern Munich

Postby FCB general » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:30 pm

Wow, how kind from Robben to have us on mind immediately after ref. whistle. :)
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby Lancashire » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:48 pm

MoFattal wrote:
walter wrote:
3:0... This was a good game! It's nice to be back! Gruß

Robben's official facebook

And that's why rushing into judgments is really unfair.

Actions speak louder than words.
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
Lancashire
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby SchwanMunich » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:43 pm

Excellent game from the team today. Mandzukic has been on fire lately. It's great to know we have such a deep team. It was also nice to see the subs get some time as well. Overall, I am very pleased with the team and the way Jupp has managed them thus far :lol:
SchwanMunich
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MaCk0y » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:00 pm

Ribery is really at his best. He was everywhere, moving constantly off the ball for 1-2s and opening up spaces. He also presses high up the pitch. There was one situation where Ribery was pressing two Main's defenders near the right corner while Kroos was slowly jogging feeling indifferent to what Ribery was doing instead of helping him press and maybe win the ball. If more players act like Ribery (not in temper :P), Bayern's play would be even better.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby spotman » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:06 pm

Honestly - winning is nice, but Gomez should have started. We need him to gain match fitness before the Arsenal game, because Manzukic does not have the class required for big CL games.

Robben should be starting as well - but this is a whole other story. You guys keep blaming Robben's ego - how about you turn your heads around and look at the other big egos.... Jupp and Sammer. Honestly though - you have one of the world's best right wingers on your bench!? And for no good reason - other than "why change a winning team?!?"... WELL, LET ME GIVE YOU A A REASON:

- Champions League

Manzukic and Muller as a RW will NOT cut it against top clubs in the CL. Period.

I think Sammer and Jupp might be influenced by their big egos as well.
MIA SAN MIA
spotman
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Canada

Postby SchwanMunich » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:51 am

spotman wrote:Honestly - winning is nice, but Gomez should have started. We need him to gain match fitness before the Arsenal game, because Manzukic does not have the class required for big CL games.

Robben should be starting as well - but this is a whole other story. You guys keep blaming Robben's ego - how about you turn your heads around and look at the other big egos.... Jupp and Sammer. Honestly though - you have one of the world's best right wingers on your bench!? And for no good reason - other than "why change a winning team?!?"... WELL, LET ME GIVE YOU A A REASON:

- Champions League

Manzukic and Muller as a RW will NOT cut it against top clubs in the CL. Period.

I think Sammer and Jupp might be influenced by their big egos as well.

Do you really think Muller and Mandzukic are not good enough for "top clubs"?

Gomez and Robben are professionals, THEY train every day, THEY must be ready when called upon. We have big games coming up and I'm sure they will see more action.

As for Mandzukic, give the guy some respect. He has earned it and has been one of the main reasons we have had a record breaking season. Is it possible we play better as a team with Mandzukic instead of Gomez?

Muller is a guy who won the golden boot at the age of 20, and has been terrorizing teams this year. Did you see his goal today? World class. Once again, is it possible we play better as a team with Muller than we do with Robben?

Individual talent does not win championships....sure it can help but you need to have the team mentality first.
SchwanMunich
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby mdm90 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:46 am

I think it is hard to make an argument to bench Mueller or Mandzukic given their form. However, I would really like to see earlier subs, around the hour mark, especially when we are in front, given just how many quality attackers we have on the bench. Would really be a shame to lose a player like Robben, I just don't think him and Gomez are being given enough chances to prove themselves when they are subbed in so late when games are wrapped up, slow and winding down.
mdm90
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby StrikingMidfield » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:10 am

mdm90 wrote:I think it is hard to make an argument to bench Mueller or Mandzukic given their form. However, I would really like to see earlier subs, around the hour mark, especially when we are in front, given just how many quality attackers we have on the bench. Would really be a shame to lose a player like Robben, I just don't think him and Gomez are being given enough chances to prove themselves when they are subbed in so late when games are wrapped up, slow and winding down.

I agree with you, not starting Muller or Mundzukic in any match besides a friendly just shouldn't happen. Now, if we happen to run away with a game then I think that they should be sat sometimes just to give players like Gomez and Robben a chance to regain form. Now with Robben I think we all know that when he's on form and not injured he's great, and can atleast equal Mullers talent. Now Gomez, I'm really not sure if he's better than Mandzukic honestly. With Mandzukic playing at the level he is right now, I just don't see Gomez being better than him. I'd like him to prove me wrong, but right now I just don't see Gomez taking Mandzukics spot in the starting 11.
StrikingMidfield
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SchwanMunich » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:33 am

mdm90 wrote:I think it is hard to make an argument to bench Mueller or Mandzukic given their form. However, I would really like to see earlier subs, around the hour mark, especially when we are in front, given just how many quality attackers we have on the bench. Would really be a shame to lose a player like Robben, I just don't think him and Gomez are being given enough chances to prove themselves when they are subbed in so late when games are wrapped up, slow and winding down.

Robben and Gomez will get their chances. Right now we are playing 1 time per week. Once we jump up to a game every 3-4 days you can damn well bet these guys will get starts.

Overall, I think Gomez is a better goal poacher than Mandzukic. However, the team is much better this year with Mandzukic. Last year we depended on Gomez too much to get the goals. This year with Mandzukic we are much more balanced and everyone is contributing to the cause.
SchwanMunich
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby RAJBAYERN » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:55 am

It was a great display game from both teams, especially in the first half where they played with high intensity, bayern possesing the ball, but with lack of profundity, and being Mainz the most dangerous and nearest team to score, principally by the counter strategy.

Mainz defenses were playing well, but just with a little desconcentration of them, allowed Muller to take advantage for score.

In the second half, bayern had a better performance, completely the dominant team, and with two spectacular combination of the fullbacks and wingers from both sidelines, allowed bayern to assist Mandzukic for score the second an third goal, ending the game with a deserved victory.

This win, automatically, will finish to being very productive this matchday, considering that Dortmund and Leverkusen must face each other.

Bayern, in 20 games, have just 7 goal conceded, so I start to believe that this bayern will break the record of Hitzfeld's team in season 07-08 when allowed 21 goals.

Our away performance in bundesliga still being perfect, hopes they can continue it also in Champions league, where the story was different in the first half season.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby spotman » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:02 am

SchwanMunich wrote:Do you really think Muller and Mandzukic are not good enough for "top clubs"?

Well, to put it in the correct context - NO, Muller as a winger is not good enough for top clubs. Muller as a CF or SS is - that's his position. So ultimately, we are playing Muller out of position rather than field a WC winger.

And I 100% have my doubts about Mandzukic on the Big Stage when compared to Gomez. We will need Gomez for the CL - mark my words. Hopefully Jupp gives him enough match practice by then.
MIA SAN MIA
spotman
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Canada

Postby SchwanMunich » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:44 am

spotman wrote:
SchwanMunich wrote:Do you really think Muller and Mandzukic are not good enough for "top clubs"?

Well, to put it in the correct context - NO, Muller as a winger is not good enough for top clubs. Muller as a CF or SS is - that's his position. So ultimately, we are playing Muller out of position rather than field a WC winger.

And I 100% have my doubts about Mandzukic on the Big Stage when compared to Gomez. We will need Gomez for the CL - mark my words. Hopefully Jupp gives him enough match practice by then.

Really? In the so called 4 "big stage" games we played last year.... 2 against Madrid in semis, and the 2 finals against Chelsea and Dortmund, Mario Gomez had 23 shots and scored 1 goal. And if you recall that one bounced off of him and went in. He also had 0 assists in those 4 games. If that is the "big stage" player we are counting on then we are gonna be in big trouble.

As for robben...he scored 2 penalties in those 4 games. He like Gomez took a ton of shots. 22 shots in those 4 games, 0 goals from open play, 0 assists as well. Once again, if these are the "big stage" players you are planning on relying on.....

Jupp knows what he is doing.

I hope to see both Gomez amd Robben contribute to the cause in the near future, and I do agree with you that they are important players for us.
SchwanMunich
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:53 am

spotman wrote:Manzukic does not have the class required for big CL games.

Says who? :^o

spotman wrote:WELL, LET ME GIVE YOU A A REASON:

- Champions League

Muller came very very close to handing us that trophy last year. He also was a very important part of Germany's WC attempt a few years ago, and for all we know, Germany might have won it had Muller himself played against Spain.

What exactly did Robben do against Chelsea and also against Spain in the WC final?
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:18 am

In a couple of weeks, we'll be seeing a lot of every player. Only then, we can judge who's the deserving starter. However, chances for the current bench players should be more in order to judge properly.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:28 pm

I understand that Robben and Gomez will need to fight for the starting place in the lineup. That's fair. But how can you fight for it if there are no subs? With 10 minutes every two games when the match is totally dead you just can't do anything to prove yourself #-o

In fact I think Robben was playing focused yesterday and helping the team in defense all the time. He did what Jupp wanted him to do. I understand his frustration. He was very angry and It's better for him to leave the pitch than being mad against Heynckes or any other teammate.

And I defend Arjen just like I defended Ribery back in 2010 when he was out of form and getting in trouble every day (delaying his contract extension, prostitute issues, wanting to play for Real, being sent off against Lyon...) and most of you wanted him out of the team.

Müller's intelligence can be good against BL teams but you also need a player like Robben to reach the CL final and he was a key player in those two CL finals we reached in the last 3 years.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga