You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2011-02-19] 1. FSV Mainz 05 vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:54 am

1. FSV Mainz 05 will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
No votes
Bayern Munich will win
100%

Total votes : 15

Re: [2011-02-19] 1. FSV Mainz 05 vs Bayern Munich

Postby MaCk0y » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:19 pm

What was Ribery complaining about to Tymo at the end of the match ?

As much Lahm is world class, his crossing is not. It's either cleared by the first defender, straight to the keeper or way over hit. When was the last time he assisted from a cross ?
A pessimist thinks things can't be worse. An optimist knows they can.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby dambun » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:55 pm

MaCk0y wrote:As much Lahm is world class, his crossing is not. It's either cleared by the first defender, straight to the keeper or way over hit. When was the last time he assisted from a cross ?

Yeah.....
Maybe it was in the world cup, when he assisted Klose? :?: :shock:

But I remember his crossings were significantly better when he was younger.... maybe he needs some extra training sessions focused on crossing!
"" "" "" ""
Wir stehen hinter dir, Uli
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby eddinanM3 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:00 pm

I would rather not see Pranjic in a defensive situation for Bayern ever again, he has never been a strong physical player and never will be and can not stop anybody on defense. Van Gaal needs to realize some of the limitations his players have and keep them away from those danger spots if at all possible.

It was nice to see Kroos out there again and hopefully he will keep improving and help us against Inter Milan.
eddinanM3
I post all the time

Postby sch0ll7 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:01 pm

MaCk0y wrote:What was Ribery complaining about to Tymo at the end of the match ?

As much Lahm is world class, his crossing is not. It's either cleared by the first defender, straight to the keeper or way over hit. When was the last time he assisted from a cross ?

he was complaining about not passing to him on a counter attack 5-10 minutes before the end...Ribery was wide open on the left...but Tymo decided to pass to Robben who had a defender infront of him.
It was clear that it would be much better if he passed to Ribery who had an open way towards the goal.

It looks like he was frustrated that he did not pass or score for a goal in last few matches.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & Euro 2012 Prediction Game Winner
Moderator & Euro 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby nur4bayern » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:09 pm

Element wrote:
nur4bayern wrote:Hey all, I just noticed I hit 1000 posts...hopefully a few of those posts were of value to you all!

CONGRATS MAN

and your posts are really Great , A MAN with Bavarian Tradition

Thanks Element, I really appreciate the kind words and good karma from you and dambun!
“Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win.”
nur4bayern
I post all the time

Postby AvatarX » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:14 pm

Well, with Robbery back, we are on fire on attack.

But I have to admit that I'm scared with LVG's experiments. Our defence looks less solid match after match with these rotations and out of position players. If Olic was OK, LVG would probably used him as LB :P
Today Gustavo played in 3 different positions in just 1 match (LB-CDM-CB). This must be a record...
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby eddinanM3 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:14 am

Well part of the player out of position stuff was because Van Gaal wanted to take Badstuber out because of his yellow, but I would have brought Breno in and not Kroos with that sub. Which Van Gaal did do later in the game, but when Badstuber went off it destabilized our back four.

And one person playing in three different spots in the same game should not ever happen i.e. Gustavo.

Now it is on to the San Siro for our show down with Inter Milan.
eddinanM3
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:36 am

eddinanM3 wrote:And one person playing in three different spots in the same game should not ever happen i.e. Gustavo.

Spot on.
20GB free cloud storage! -- follow this link, sign up, install app and we both get 5GB extra :)
MUTU
Site Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Archit » Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:12 am

Kroos reminded me of didi hamman.
Kept everything simple, didnt lose the ball, defended well.
Archit

Postby quaazi » Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:40 am

Yeah, Kroos' performance was decent and didn't really catch the eye, except for one nice volley from afar. He'll be in top form soon enough. Definetly better than Pranjic or *shudder* Ottl are playing next to Schweinie.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby MaCk0y » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:15 am

sch0ll7 wrote:
MaCk0y wrote:What was Ribery complaining about to Tymo at the end of the match ?

he was complaining about not passing to him on a counter attack 5-10 minutes before the end...Ribery was wide open on the left...but Tymo decided to pass to Robben who had a defender infront of him.
It was clear that it would be much better if he passed to Ribery who had an open way towards the goal.

It looks like he was frustrated that he did not pass or score for a goal in last few matches.

Thanks for the explanation.
A pessimist thinks things can't be worse. An optimist knows they can.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby CroCHEF » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:00 pm

CroCHEF
I post all the time

Postby quaazi » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:20 pm

Two things I noticed during the game that the video refreshed for me:

a) the lads seem a lot more nervous and stressed than before. Müller and Schweinie especially, they seemed pretty tired and prone to mistakes. Really, after Inter and Dortmund the 1st team needs rest, and badly. Robben's got it easy, he hasn't been playing for the full season.
b) when Butt was in goal, he interacted with the defense more and there were less mistakes in the penalty area. The goal came from the fact that Pranjic is a hobbit, not a defensive lapse. Indeed it was a miracle that Butt could command two midfielders as centrebacks in the first place (Tymo and Gustavo). So Kraft's training right nwo should be focused on, IMO, set pieces and tactical awareness.

Also Ribery had no reason to be angry. He's my MotM because his workrate was phenomenal, even if he didnt get his name into the scoresheet.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby KAHN » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:39 am

quaazi wrote:Two things I noticed during the game that the video refreshed for me:

a) the lads seem a lot more nervous and stressed than before. Müller and Schweinie especially, they seemed pretty tired and prone to mistakes. Really, after Inter and Dortmund the 1st team needs rest, and badly. Robben's got it easy, he hasn't been playing for the full season.
b) when Butt was in goal, he interacted with the defense more and there were less mistakes in the penalty area. The goal came from the fact that Pranjic is a hobbit, not a defensive lapse. Indeed it was a miracle that Butt could command two midfielders as centrebacks in the first place (Tymo and Gustavo). So Kraft's training right nwo should be focused on, IMO, set pieces and tactical awareness.

Also Ribery had no reason to be angry. He's my MotM because his workrate was phenomenal, even if he didnt get his name into the scoresheet.

1+ =D>
"You are here for a good time ... Not a long time"
Colin McRae
Rally legend
R.I.P
5/8/1968-15/9/2007
KAHN
I post all the time

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Previous

Return to Bundesliga