You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2012-11-17] 1. FC Nürnberg vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:30 pm

1. FC Nürnberg will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
14%
Bayern Munich will win
86%

Total votes : 14

Re: [2012-11-17] 1. FC Nürnberg vs Bayern Munich

Postby YlonenXabi » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:29 pm

I have the feeling that after our goal the players thought that they were going to win this even without running.

And that lack of interest in the game added to Nuremberg players being very motivated in the second half is what made us not to win this game
Last edited by YlonenXabi on Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby lau03143 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:29 pm

Deary me... We were poor today. No creativity at all. Same old same old if plan A isn't working. No plan B.

We must work on it.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:33 pm

Tymo was disgusting to watch and Jupp shud have subbed him out sooner before he gave up that goal. Guys like Alaba, Kroos, Shaqiri, Tymo and Mandzukic were all guilty of poor decision making, poor passing, just horrible play by Bayern Munich. Hopefully Ribery, Gomez, and Badstuber will be back for Valencia cause no one today felt like scoring!
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby lau03143 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:36 pm

I'd like to see where our winning mentality is? We've been talking about it a lot recently.

Winning mentality only shows if you're able to win from a negative situation i.e. Coming from behind to win, or winning even when xour playing badly.

We haven't done that this season.

When we've won, we've won emphatically, but when not playing well, we've lacked that winning mentality.
who have come to
Munich as strangers
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:39 pm

Cmon! lets not bring up "winning mentality" that cant be our mental scape goat everytime Bayern lose a game :(

Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby lau03143 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:45 pm

It's not a scape goat! I know we'll have off days. I'd just rather our players didn't talk about winning mentalities when there is no proof of it!

Like I said a couple of days ago. This was always Going to be a hard game. So at least we got a point. Probably more than what we deserved in that second half!
who have come to
Munich as strangers
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:46 pm

In my opinion this is where Bayern's inability to capitalize on set pieces hurts us the most. When your down or need a goal with less than 10 min to play set pieces is where you can get that quick goal. Thats how Man U do it and thats how Chelsea beat Bayern in May. Until Bayern improve on their set piece offense and defense they can never be a true "comeback" team. The only way Barca does it is cause they have Messi to dribble by 5 defenders and score but most teams use set pieces.

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby lau03143 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:54 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:In my opinion this is where Bayern's inability to capitalize on set pieces hurts us the most. When your down or need a goal with less than 10 min to play set pieces is where you can get that quick goal. Thats how Man U do it and thats how Chelsea beat Bayern in May. Until Bayern improve on their set piece offense and defense they can never be a true "comeback" team. The only way Barca does it is cause they have Messi to dribble by 5 defenders and score but most teams use set pieces.

Yep.

We need a plan B, a route 1. We took of Mandzukic and put on Pizzaro and kept the same system. We took of Tymo and put on Martinez, we took of Rafinha and put on Lahm.

It wasn't the personnel that was costing us the victory, it was the system. Nürnberg had up sussed. Shaqiri and Müller never had a sniff the whole game. Kroos got hit every time he got the ball.
who have come to
Munich as strangers
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:01 pm

Yea your right, Bayern were no better than Barcelona this game tactically. It was like watching someone put a square peg in a round hole!

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby AssemFCB » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:12 pm

Why the **** did he sub out Mandzukic for Pizarro when ****ing Toni Kroos is having a horrible game? Why not play with two strikers against a team fighting for their lives? So frustrating! :evil:
AssemFCB
I post all the time

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby BayernLove » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:13 pm

#HeynckesOut
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:32 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:Tymo was disgusting to watch and Jupp shud have subbed him out sooner before he gave up that goal. Guys like Alaba, Kroos, Shaqiri, Tymo and Mandzukic were all guilty of poor decision making, poor passing, just horrible play by Bayern Munich. Hopefully Ribery, Gomez, and Badstuber will be back for Valencia cause no one today felt like scoring!

IMO Kroos was to blame for 1FCN goal, cause he passed the ball erratically to Timo, where the latter could not do too much having received the ball behind him...
I was one of those 2 who said that the match is going to end in a draw, and when I saw the line up I was more convinced,even after our goal I still believed that FCN will bounce back.
When we are before a team who play this kind of game; aggressively, running like hell for 95 mins, and apply very rough and strong tackles we always struggle... + that when Ribery is not in the team we are a completely diff team...
However Rafinha's mistake in front of goal could have changed the whole story.
As for their goal which materialized from our mistake... Neuer could have done much better. Although he saved our asses couple of mins later.

p.s Did someone saw a particular banner among the FCN fans... ? it said : Finale Dahoam... danke Didier Drogba.... :x :( :( :shock: [-X :x
When I saw it felt like I've received a knock out!
f*** 1FCN... how I wish they get relegated...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:34 pm

Dammit, this was bad. We usually open the floodgates once we score in the first minutes. We are still to show a winning comeback this season (bar Stuttgart @ home), especially an away one. My points here:

1) I was happy with the rotated squad, but I think too much rotation does indeed affect us negatively. Prior to the game, I wanted to point out that our bench lacked any creativity, like the recent years before. It seemed as if we didn't take into consideration the fact that we might lose points here. With a similar bench, the only to comeback into the game is to change the system itself, as there was no game-changer on the bench (Ribery/Robben/Muller/Gomez/Kroos/somehow Shaqiri) to bring along something different.

2)
lau03143 wrote:We need a plan B, a route 1. We took of Mandzukic and put on Pizzaro and kept the same system. We took of Tymo and put on Martinez, we took of Rafinha and put on Lahm.

Jupp really hit my nerves with the Madnzu-Pizza sub. Kroos should have gone, because he even stopped taking the playmaker role; Shaq took it, so Kroos being subbed was the logical thing to do in all cases.

3)
YlonenXabi wrote:I have the feeling that after our goal the players thought that they were going to win this even without running.

And that lack of interest in the game added to Nuremberg players being very motivated in the second half is what made us not to win this game

4) I don't want to sound harsh, but I think Tymo shot himself in the leg with a really bad performance. I don't think we'll be seeing him starting again this season, unless we're facing an injury crisis (which we can say is a bit similar to was going on today, with Martinez fatigued and all). His best role, as it turned out this season, is as the 3rd CM who enters to preserve a lead when going into defensive/possession mode.

5) The other guy who didn't do himself any good today was Rafihna. It is rare to see a LB substituted for a LB with 30 minutes to go. This shows how frustrated JH was with his performance. IMO, the duo of Rafihna-DvB was very bad. Chaotic to be precise.

6) When Neuer has an off-day, he has one big hell of an off-day.

7) We still got away with a point with a uninterested B-team, so it wasn't that much of disaster. If Schalke loses in the ongoing game, the negativity would be much less tonight.

Sorry for being too long. The points just kept coming out :D
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby MoFattal » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:39 pm

Oh yeah, what the hell was that with all those fouls. We had 24 fouls to their 12 :shock: We seriously need to stop fouling this ridiculously.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:46 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote:Tymo was disgusting to watch and Jupp shud have subbed him out sooner before he gave up that goal. Guys like Alaba, Kroos, Shaqiri, Tymo and Mandzukic were all guilty of poor decision making, poor passing, just horrible play by Bayern Munich. Hopefully Ribery, Gomez, and Badstuber will be back for Valencia cause no one today felt like scoring!

IMO Kroos was to blame for 1FCN goal, cause he passed the ball erratically to Timo, where the latter could not do too much having received the ball behind him...

fcb off site...
There was a shock for the visitors immediately after the restart when Kroos lost possession in midfield and Feulner strode into a shooting position, unleashing a vicious swerving drive from fully 25 yards to beat Neuer and level the scores. Bayern were a shade fortunate not to concede a second goal from the very next move, only Dante’s desperate lunge denying Sebastian Polter’s half-volley from a loose ball ten yards out.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga