You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2014-02-08] 1. FC Nürnberg vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:30 pm

1. FC Nürnberg will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
No votes
Bayern Munich will win
100%

Total votes : 16

Re: [2014-02-08] 1. FC Nürnberg vs Bayern Munich

Postby MUTU » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:23 pm

AdepT wrote:I've seen this earlier. What were his parents thinking?

Maybe they weren't good parents.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Kevinx67 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:52 pm

Good game. Was good to see Bayern overcome the early pressure to pull of another victory. Will have to say the two injuries Nurnberg had in the first half hurt them. I don't see why teams would ever try to win against Bayern in the league? Even their best effort would turn into a loss. If i was coach of Nurnberg or teams in similar position ( You could say that to most all other teams in the table too ) in the table i would protect my best players when playing Bayern. Better to save your best against teams your going to have a chance of getting points off of.
Kevinx67
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Bayernbazi » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:42 pm

I don't think that he can be this guy because he ended up in jail last November
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-24911186
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SouthernStar » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:55 am

MUTU wrote:
During the match, Daniel Ginczek tore a ligament in his right knee and will be out for around 6 months, while Timothy Chandler tore the outer meniscus in his left knee and will be out for 8 to 10 weeks. Matthias Sammer pointed his finger towards the pitch, who he brandished as a "disaster" and that it was "irresponsible" to leave it in such a condition. [source]

I think Bayern players should count themselves lucky not to have suffered any injuries!

True! Thank goodness that none of our players have reported injury and a Lahm goal is a real icing on the cake.

So one of their "tactics" is to let the pitch deteriorate to disrupt our passing game and to cause a probable injury to our players?

The very fact that it has instead did not prevent their inevitable loss and further caused their best player to be out for 6 months, and another for 3 months is just their just reward. KARMA! :twisted:

Still wish that they will just get relegated at the end of the season, it's long overdue too.
SouthernStar
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Badger » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:04 am

I enjoyed the Bayern match – I suppose I nearly always do. I can’t say that I appreciate Nurnberg, but I do think they were useful to Bayern. Bayern need to be tested, to keep them sharp for Champions League games, and the tests can come from the opposition in three or four forms: tactically challenging attacking or counterattacking football, park-the-bus tactics, huge workrate and very physical play. Nurnberg provides bits of all this – other than parking the bus. So it was a great test, which Bayern ultimately passed without suffering any injuries in the process.

A few player comments:
- I am delighted about Mandzukic’s games since he was dropped; he has demonstrated that his on-the-ball skills aren’t bad at all, his goal and assist were superb, and he was my man of the match.
- Alcantara is becoming a great asset for Bayern. He was central to a lot of the game, and this time against a tough opposing midfield. Surely he’s heading for player-of-the-month – or , at least, he would get my vote for it if he continues to play like this.
- Goetze was good in the last third, and good at combining with others but, while I like him a lot, he seemed to be other players’ assistant rather than taking command of any part of the field. That isn’t necessarily a problem – just my observation of his developing role, now that he is playing more often in midfield.
- Rafinha has risen, in my estimation, to Bayern standard, in both attack and defence. Lahm is a better right back, of course, but I am not convinced that it is in Bayern’s interests to drop Rafinha and move Lahm back there. Lahm in the defensive midfield role and Rafinha as right back has rarely let us down or even looked vulnerable this season.
- I was glad Martinez got back. This was an opponent where we saw the value of Martinez fighting spirit.
- It was great to see Robben playing well and enjoying his football, even if he didn’t score this time. He seems to have found his role in Bayern and is at peace with himself and everything.
- Mueller seems to be above criticism in the eyes of some fans, but I feel that there are times when it has to be acknowledged that he didn’t do enough, and the Nurnberg game was one of those occasions.

Overall, though, it was a valuable test, and quite enjoyable to watch.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:55 am

Badger wrote:- It was great to see Robben playing well and enjoying his football, even if he didn’t score this time. He seems to have found his role in Bayern and is at peace with himself and everything.

He was unlucky not to from that first half free kick though.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:51 pm

^ Add Muller to that as well.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby MUTU » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:45 pm

MUTU wrote:
In November 2011 after a Champions League match against Napoli, the banner pictured below was stolen from the Bayern ultras. During yesterday's match away against Nuremberg, with twenty minutes left on the clock, the Nürnberg ultras unveiled the stolen banner and, much to the anger of the FC Bayern ultras, proceeded to rip it apart into small pieces.

The FC Bayern ultras were reportedly very pissed off, beating their flag sticks against the barriers of their section before police calmed things down. For them, the 2-0 win felt like a loss. [source]

Can't see tweet? Click here!

MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MaCk0y » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:57 pm

What did the banner say ?
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:02 pm

MaCk0y wrote:What did the banner say ?

South Curve - Heart and Soul of our Club
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:13 pm

And now a Nuremberg fan is trying to sell part of the ripped banner on eBay. The bid has gone up to 451 euros so far! :evil:
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:55 pm

"Jor-El, what do you think about Superman?"
"Honey, put the dam kid in the pod and get moving."
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby AdepT » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:02 pm

tflags wrote:

"Jor-El, what do you think about Superman?"
"Honey, put the dam kid in the pod and get moving."

"And what do I tell Batman? He's crying incessantly."
"Remind him his parents died in a dark alley."
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Previous

Return to Bundesliga