You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2011-08-27] 1. FC Kaiserslautern vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:03 am

Bayern will win
100%
The game will end in a draw
No votes
Kaiserslautern will win
No votes

Total votes : 18

[2011-08-27] 1. FC Kaiserslautern vs Bayern Munich

Postby MunchenFC » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:03 am

Bayern Munich just safely propelled themselves a spot in the Champions League group stage by overcoming Swiss runners-up FC Zurich 1-0 in Zurich, and now they look to reverse the result of last year's first encounter with Kaiserslautern at home as Bayern fell 2-0 in Klose's reunion with his former club.

Robben and Gomez were deemed fit for the Saturday afternoon game and are set for starting roles, as Heynckes will have mostly all of his squad fit for selection.

Kick off: 
Last edited by MUTU on Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added kick off time
“My heart is red through and through. Personally, it’ll be much better winning the Champions League with Bayern Munich than with Real Madrid. When I arrive at the Säbener Strasse, it’s like coming home" - Bastian Schweinsteiger
Viva la Kroos
MunchenFC
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: [2011-08-27] 1. FC Kaiserslautern vs Bayern Munich

Postby The Spyware » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:44 am

Betzenberg :x

Very Difficult match

Hope we learn from our past fallacies specially that of the last year and win

I expect a Heynckes-ayway match style as it was in Wolfsburg and Zurich

Solid defense and punish them forward
The Spyware
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby quaazi » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:12 am

We're still in good form, so I think the inevitable slip-up against a weaker opponent is at least a couple of weeks away. Eager to see MOAR CLEEEEEN SHEEEETS
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby CroCHEF » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:11 am

devil place :(
i allways hate that away game
CroCHEF
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:41 am

Thanks for starting the thread, MunchenFC! I've set it as a sticky now :)

As for playing away to Kaiserslautern, it's high time we get rid of this superstition and just win.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby mdm90 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:51 am

Confident, with the new look defence and Neuer we should be able to secure a win easily in reality. What's done is done.

Considering the goal we conceded against Gladbach, which was more of a simple mistake more than anything, we might as well have conceded ZERO goals this season. Why start now?

Gomez is getting his goalscoring touch back... Ribery is looking in fine form.... Robben is being Robben.... :lol:
mdm90
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MoFattal » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:09 pm

Well I guess we can say that our players didn't tire themselves up yesterday in Zurich, so I expect them to be in good shape this Saturday 8) We should be able to easily win this game no matter how hostile the home crowd will be [-X I surely hope for a clean sheet, but I also hope that we start playing nice football on away fields [-o< But in the end, the result is what matters....
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:38 pm

Last season it was a weird match. It was hard to play in their stadium but we were also unlucky. Müller missed an easy goal chance a few minutes before conceding the first goal.

With this defense and with Robben I think that we will see a much better performance than in Wolfsburg and I'm hoping for a 0-2 win :)
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby München Minded » Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:23 pm

We have usually had problems against them, look at last season. We have improved since then and We must play confident and score early.
der Kaiser:
“We should not fool ourselves. We are not one of the world's top teams any more”
“The defence has to get used to playing with the goalkeeper”
"They are all like prostitutes: they smoke, they're lazy, and they sleep all day"
München Minded
I post all the time

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:34 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:With this defense and with Robben I think that we will see a much better performance than in Wolfsburg and I'm hoping for a 0-2 win :)

Well, now without Robben I'm not that confident.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Spain

Postby MunchenFC » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:05 am

Even without Robben, we are fully capable of winning this fixture.
I'm not sure we should even risk playing Robben, we rested him against Zurich and he still managed to aggravate his groin. #-o
I could see us playing again with the 4-3-3 as we did against Zurich and resume our first choice back line with Rafhina coming in at RB and Boa returning next to Baddy.

Our defense is miles better then when we played them last year and I expect to win atleast 2-0 or maybe even 3-0.
Hopefully Muller finally scores.
“My heart is red through and through. Personally, it’ll be much better winning the Champions League with Bayern Munich than with Real Madrid. When I arrive at the Säbener Strasse, it’s like coming home" - Bastian Schweinsteiger
Viva la Kroos
MunchenFC
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby armbrust » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:12 am

I hope we rotate some players this game and still manage to win it.
@armbrustpoker
armbrust
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Aequitas1987 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:39 am

I want Usami to get more minutes...he is the only appropriate substitute for Robben and Ribery (other than Muller), he is a proper winger. Alaba is more versatile (jack of all trades) but i still do not see him as a proper winger...and with Olic out I think we should really be giving Usami more minutes to gel with teammates.
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I post all the time

National Flag:
India

Postby MoFattal » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:37 am

Aequitas1987 wrote:I want Usami to get more minutes...he is the only appropriate substitute for Robben and Ribery (other than Muller), he is a proper winger. Alaba is more versatile (jack of all trades) but i still do not see him as a proper winger...and with Olic out I think we should really be giving Usami more minutes to gel with teammates.

I think Usami is not proving himself to Heynckes during training and that's why he is probably being left out from the squad on matchdays. I think this guy still has a some way to go to reach his potential.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:02 pm

Or it could be that Heynckes opted not to use him for the first one or two months since Usami didn't have a proper summer vacation
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Next

Return to Bundesliga