You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Reduced tolerance to fighting and insults

Announcements for new BayernForum.com features

Reduced tolerance to fighting and insults

Postby MUTU » Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:03 am

Late last year the amount of fighting and personal insults reached an unprecedented high on BayernForum.com. Starting this year, there will be lower tolerance to this, at least until things calm down. That means more official warnings which may then result in bans. It was not too long ago when everyone applauded us for being like one big family in this community and I'd like to get that spirit back. Everyone, including myself, should take a moment to reflect and try to change our ways for the better.

I'm proud of building this community, and you should too because you are all part of it, but it kills me a bit from the inside every time I see the fighting. Let's get back to our very best guys and gals. Long live BayernForum.com!
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Reduced tolerance to fighting and insults

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:15 pm

And it's not just insults and retaliation. Let's also do our best to avoid unnecessary provocations, which have also become frequent.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Tedesco » Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:22 pm

This is the reason I have been frequenting this forum less often... Every thread seems to turn into a fight, which is a shame as we used to have great discussions going here.
Tedesco
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:06 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:And it's not just insults and retaliation. Let's also do our best to avoid unnecessary provocations, which have also become frequent.

Good point. :thumbup:
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:34 pm

Great to hear! I don't mind banter but I don't know why people feel they need to make things personal were on the bloody internet not on a school ground, good idea MUTU lets keep this a non hostile environment where people can speak freely without fearing of being bashed for there opinions.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby tflags » Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:59 pm

Well what about the trolling? MUTU sends a bunch of private messages urging everyone to stop arguing? Fine. But what about all the provocation from the trolls here? For the past months this forum has gone from troll to troll and every time you post a quote from some source you get bantered for being a media fan boy or a Pep lover for quoting a biography?

Where was MUTU or the admins then?

I find it curious that after asking countless time to stop and control the trolling MUTU finds the time to criticize the placement of a new topic when in fact Jancker has been allowed to post all these negative posts for the past three months without a single comment. So yes, it is quite upsetting this sudden change of hearts not to mention the lack of control by all the admins.

So while commendable that you find it necessary to control the posts from the few of us being called Pep pilgrims because we do find it interesting to laude the current coach none of the admins - barring possibly Daniel - got involved. Again, forum has gone largely uncontrolled.

So next time you see fit to criticize the fights and insults perhaps it would be necessary to check if the admins are truly objective and have placed the due controls before criticizing the few of us who got involved in discussions because God forbid we decided to start a topic or post and observation on something trolls here get pumped about.

The admins, at large, have not made this place better. As a matter of fact, they haven't been involved. So I do find the critique largely blind sided. Get involved first. This place is a troll heaven with you turning a blind eye.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby pyrasur » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:27 pm

That's why FCBM mentioned the provocations, which are sometimes impossible to ignore without appearing to condone their message. It's been clear for a while that a few members are trolling for a reaction to comments that range from ignorant to willfully hateful, so that they can paint a picture of the other members.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby zozon » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:30 pm

tflags wrote:Well what about the trolling? MUTU sends a bunch of private messages urging everyone to stop arguing? Fine. But what about all the provocation from the trolls here? For the past months this forum has gone from troll to troll and every time you post a quote from some source you get bantered for being a media fan boy or a Pep lover for quoting a biography?

I find it curious that after asking countless time to stop and control the trolling MUTU finds the time to criticize the placement of a new topic when in fact Jancker has been allowed to post all these negative posts for the past three months without a single comment. So yes, it is quite upsetting this sudden change of hearts not to mention the lack of control by all the admins.

So while commendable that you find it necessary to control the posts from the few of us being called Pep pilgrims because we do find it interesting to laude the current coach none of the admins - barring possibly Daniel - got involved. Again, forum has gone largely uncontrolled.

So next time you see fit to criticize the fights and insults perhaps it would be necessary to check if the admins are truly objective and have placed the due controls before criticizing the few of us who got involved in discussions because God forbid we decided to start a topic or post and observation on something trolls here get pumped about.

The admins, at large, have not made this place better. As a matter of fact, they haven't been involved. So I do find the critique largely blind sided. Get involved first. This place is a troll heaven with you turning a blind eye.

+100

While personally I admit I deserved to be banned 2-3 times, all those same posts that would lead to my ban were a response to the same trolls you mentioned. The last time it was in the transfer thread topic involving Lahm. Putting posts out of context and imagining things that werent even written is their speciality. Calling people "plastic" fans or "Perez likes" because some people in the thread pointed the OBVIOUS about Lahm. And I dont want to even start the players nationality bashing trend.
That has been a constant thing undermining some posts since Pep came and he brought some Spanish players.
Last edited by zozon on Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pyrasur wrote:
It's shaped like a sword. Because that's how formations work. We will only be beaten if Atletico form a rock. We will beat them if they form paper tho.
zozon
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:37 pm

At the moment it seems that several if not all of the admins and moderators are very busy, myself included, and I will probably be even more so in the coming weeks and months as I'm heading into my final 6 months at university. Unfortunately this means there has been much less control in recent times than there should have been, but that's exactly what we're hoping to change now.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:41 pm

pyrasur wrote:That's why FCBM mentioned the provocations, which are sometimes impossible to ignore without appearing to condone their message. It's been clear for a while that a few members are trolling for a reaction to comments that range from ignorant to willfully hateful, so that they can paint a picture of the other members.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And unfortunately, although people often point towards JANCKER and ramsej in particular, this provocation has happened at times from both sides. From them, yes, but also from those who like criticizing them.

The thing is that I feel no one currently on the forum is a pure troll. Everyone contributes and it would be a shame to lose anyone who does, but also trolls and provocation destroy discussions and good atmosphere. So let's just make an effort and stop that, without the need to kick people out or marginalize them, as some have been doing.

We have fans of rivals on this forum who respect some Bayern fans more than we respect each other, unfortunately. Huge respect towards them.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby pyrasur » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:52 pm

I didn't say both sides were innocent. I admit I trolled that homophobe dude that got banned. Especially after he was allowed to harrass the shit out of me. But actually he started to take it in stride and earned many respect points from me.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MUTU » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:57 pm

tflags wrote:Well what about the trolling? MUTU sends a bunch of private messages urging everyone to stop arguing? Fine. But what about all the provocation from the trolls here? For the past months this forum has gone from troll to troll and every time you post a quote from some source you get bantered for being a media fan boy or a Pep lover for quoting a biography?

Harsh but fair words. The thing is, since the start of the forum I have been advocating a policy of a self-policing forum whereby moderators and admins take a step back and don't interfer too much. The result is users helping out, a sort of neighbourhood watch. As a senior member yourself you must be aware of this.

Unfortunately, lately this policy has been failing and while it took a long while I ask for your understanding. Please excuse me for keeping faith in a system that has worked well for almost a decade. It has now become too much so a change was due.

This is the first step towards an immediate change and I hope that you and others help us reaching this objective. Let's make this a day to remember.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:17 pm

MUTU wrote:

Harsh but fair words. The thing is, since the start of the forum I have been advocating a policy of a self-policing forum whereby moderators and admins take a step back and don't interfer too much. The result is users helping out, a sort of neighbourhood watch. As a senior member yourself you must be aware of this.

Unfortunately, lately this policy has been failing and while it took a long while I ask for your understanding. Please excuse me for keeping faith in a system that has worked well for almost a decade. It has now become too much so a change was due.

This is the first step towards an immediate change and I hope that you and others help us reaching this objective. Let's make this a day to remember.

I think the original policy was very sensible (wouldn't want this forum to become like others were mods act like dictators and ban people out of whims), but yes a little intervention might be necessary lately. That being said, thanks to everyone for creating such a nice community!

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I'm a post king!

Postby MUTU » Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:19 pm

Thanks, this is exactly what I wanted to prevent, abuse of power which attracts annoying behaviour by users as an end result.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:58 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:And unfortunately, although people often point towards JANCKER and ramsej in particular, this provocation has happened at times from both sides. From them, yes, but also from those who like criticizing them. The thing is that I feel no one currently on the forum is a pure troll.

There are plenty of posts in the forum with people who don't necessarily disagree with them asking both to stop the trolling and the negative comments. I guess we are at the mercy of your interpretation.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Next

Return to Site Announcements