You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Reduced tolerance to fighting and insults

Announcements for new BayernForum.com features

Re: Reduced tolerance to fighting and insults

Postby zozon » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:30 pm

MUTU wrote:
zozon wrote:My question is: will I be viewed as the forum crybaby if I come to this thread and paste quotes of that same negative spam, so you (admins/mods) can review it?

There is a "report this post" functionality that should be used, not just by you but by everyone ideally. It helps moderators act quicker.

Yes, but I can't prove the negative spam trend by reporting a single post.
pyrasur wrote:
It's shaped like a sword. Because that's how formations work. We will only be beaten if Atletico form a rock. We will beat them if they form paper tho.
zozon
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:34 pm

zozon wrote:How can it be personal whan I wasnt the only one reacting to it? And that same bashing for Xabi from the same member every single time, even when its far from deserved? How is that against the negative spam?

Because you're singling out a specific user now, by username, which can be viewed as provocation. You're talking about the past too, when we had a different policy.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:35 pm

zozon wrote:
MUTU wrote:
zozon wrote:My question is: will I be viewed as the forum crybaby if I come to this thread and paste quotes of that same negative spam, so you (admins/mods) can review it?

There is a "report this post" functionality that should be used, not just by you but by everyone ideally. It helps moderators act quicker.

Yes, but I can't prove the negative spam trend by reporting a single post.

You can type that in additional comments, and the moderators can review all the user's posts and see whether the negative trend is pervasive.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ttoad92 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:12 pm

I'm glad this is finally being sorted. I come on the forum a few times a week admittedly I don't post very much but whenever I can I come for the match day chat. I too over the last months have taken a step back from not only posting at all but also visiting the forum to browse as much because the majority of transfer and player threads became an off topic, derailed and a trolling/b*tching fest. You literally couldn't avoid it. Hopefully all those involved can put their differences aside and we can go back to being a happy family :)

Thanks to MUTU for this great forum and too all the other mods who take their own time volunteering to look after the forum. Members should be more considerate and remember that all the mods and MUTU do this as a hobby / voluntarily and isn't their jobs 24/7. They all have their own lives/jobs/studies to manage and don't sit staring at the screen waiting for a report to come in!

If someone has a different opinion to you and you disagree respectfully explain why without attacking them personally or calling them an idiot or such things. If someone is deliberately flaming/ trolling don't feed them.
ttoad92
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby KönigLudwig » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:21 pm

Thanks for this Mutu.
I've been sad to completely stop even reading some forums out there that have devolved from intelligent, interesting interactive places to ass-licking cliques with "moderators" getting rid of any voices that don't fall into line with the "cool kids" that run and bully the rest.
I hope these steps prevent that from happening here and everyone who presents opinions in a non-personal, un-insulting way will be heard.
Just out of curiosity....I've seen a lot of vociferous, personal, prolonged arguments arise from a forum poster (particularly on other forums) who criticize a Bayern player, coach, strategy, administration member etc. and then are chastised in a personal way by another poster.
My question: do the same rules of etiquette apply in discussing the above-mentioned players/coaches/strategies or only between members of this Bayern forum? I think some people get confused by this difference....ie I can call a player or coach an idiot, but it is not cool to do so to another member of this forum?
In...Müller, Lewadowski, Robben, Boateng, Badstuber, Ribery,Lahm, Costa, Kimmich, Coman, Thiago, Götze,Rode, NEUER,Alaba, MARTINEZ....do I TRUST!!
KönigLudwig
Getting the hang of it

Years of membership

Postby Dumbledore7 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:47 pm

What you'll recognise is that around here the attacks amongst members arose from people saying the "a player/coach is an idiot" thing. Is this justified?

Let's take an easy example with PepIn or PepOut: I'm always a big supporter of Pep and there are others with equally strong opinion against him. Will arguments arise when these two views clash? Yes, and that's fine. We have different opinions, we discuss and sometimes even have heated arguments but often with reasonable people talking it usually ends up with both sides respectfully agree to disagree. I've had a lot of tactical discussion/argument with people who are generally against Pep and I acknowledge their point of view, as much as I try my best to convince them otherwise.

That's given if one side respects the basis and the reasonable argument from the other. Now if Person A simply says "Pep is an idiot", should Person B who is a fan of Pep start personally attacking Person A? Absolutely not. It might be a hurtful opinion for Person B, but Person B has to be a man and just accept it that Person A holds that opinion.

Now what if Person A just repeats the same thing hundreds and hundreds of time, keeps bringing the same thing up without any impetus and even start calling the people of the same opinion as Person B hurtful names? That simply becomes an annoyance, maybe even for uninterested people as well because you can't just not notice when the same opinion is thrown around literally all the time. Still though, should Person B attack Person A personally, over a man who is a millionaire, has a good life and is literally unaffected by our opinions? Maybe not, certainly I would ideally avoid that if I can if I was Person B, but damn is that very difficult when the same thing is being repeated even without you bringing it up.

So really we should only hold this rule (of not personally insulting/attacking) amongst the forum members because it can't really be justified with anything happening within Bayern. In other words, we should still be allowed to call a player or a coach an idiot or whatever. That being said, **** me, if Person A just tones the hell down knowing that Person B has heard his opinion loud and clear literally hundreds of times before, it'd just make our atmosphere that much better.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby quaazi » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:32 pm

I have to say, liberal use of the ignore function in regards to our Person A candidates solved the problem for me more than the enforcing of any rule could have. :D
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby OhioFan » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:50 pm

quaazi wrote:I have to say, liberal use of the ignore function in regards to our Person A candidates solved the problem for me more than the enforcing of any rule could have. :D

Or, since Person A is clearly a troll, judicious use of the report to forum moderator is a good alternative too.
Götterdämmerung
OhioFan
2015/16 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Dumbledore7 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:51 pm

Neither of those worked for me and they don't solve the problem, just set it aside.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby KönigLudwig » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:46 am

Dumbledore7 wrote:That being said, **** me, if Person A just tones the hell down knowing that Person B has heard his opinion loud and clear literally hundreds of times before, it'd just make our atmosphere that much better.

Quite right!
In...Müller, Lewadowski, Robben, Boateng, Badstuber, Ribery,Lahm, Costa, Kimmich, Coman, Thiago, Götze,Rode, NEUER,Alaba, MARTINEZ....do I TRUST!!
KönigLudwig
Getting the hang of it

Years of membership

Previous

Return to Site Announcements