You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Reduced tolerance to fighting and insults

Announcements for new BayernForum.com features

Re: Reduced tolerance to fighting and insults

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:59 pm

tflags wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:And unfortunately, although people often point towards JANCKER and ramsej in particular, this provocation has happened at times from both sides. From them, yes, but also from those who like criticizing them. The thing is that I feel no one currently on the forum is a pure troll.

There are plenty of posts in the forum with people who don't necessarily disagree with them asking both to stop the trolling and the negative comments. I guess we are at the mercy of your interpretation.

They were wrong when they posted some stuff, but there have also been cases where they were attacked simply for having an unpopular opinion. As someone who has been fully behind Pep all along, I've had my share of disagreements with both, but I don't consider a different opinion to be trolling. There have been troll posts, but it hasn't been just those.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Dumbledore7 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:29 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:but I don't consider a different opinion to be trolling.

Good for you, but that particular person considers a different opinion to be plastic, "Pep-worshipping" and worthy to be called "the Perez of BayernForum".

Since we're talking provocation, there's that.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:02 pm

Can we just turn the page and start anew?
I am offering my apologies for all the occasions when I acted incorrectly.
My apologies to those who felt offended; surely it was not my intention.
I ve noticed that I became a target by some after a rush comment after a tragic event and when I was not 100% in my senses.
Hopefully you will all understand and as I said we start anew.
If you opt not to ... No problem the most important thing is that we all love Bayern. :smile:
Happy New Year to all.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby pyrasur » Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:28 pm

I don't apologize. I am German
对不起。

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:12 pm

pyrasur wrote:I don't apologize. I am German
对不起。

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:lol: :lol:
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby prasun77 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:50 am

See I will explain where this problem arises from and it was quite natural and in a way unavoidable..
Since the start of the forum to say 2012 we were never the best team in Europe or expected to win the UCL year in year out.It would be a bonus if it came.The year we won the Bundesliga was termed as success and if we did the double then mindblowing!Then after 2012 UCL opinions started getting divided over Jupp but the way we were playing in 2012/13 season brought happiness to everyone and made us all forget the disagreements and then came the moment which changed everything...THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE 2013..but this was not a one off event.Now the world stood up and took notice,the realization also dawned upon us..we were the new superpower in Europe..a force to be reckoned with.Many new people developed a liking for Bayern and many of the present ones had greater expectations.Coupled with the fact a new coach was announced which marked another triumph,the best coach out there,Pep Guardiola. But there was a negative side to it too,now the Bundesliga or the Pokal would never be enough they were considered bread and butter.Expectations increased.Yes, a lot of fans remained rational but many didn't. Everyone thought we would become a major force to reckon with and to push it just a bit ahead(to put things into perspective)..unbeatable.The way things started Specially with the win against Chelsea it fueled our expectations even more.Then we went on an unbeaten run beat all teams left right and center in all tournaments. Everything was perfect..Just that we had forgotten that we were just another football team and we could lose too(even by a big margin) because that's what the game is about. Then we drew Madrid..we knew it would be tough but yes,we could make it.Then came the second leg at home where all hell broke loose.It had been ages since Bayern had lost like that and we had forgotten how to deal with losses like that esp. that it came from a coach from whom we expected the sun,moon and earth i.e. The UCL. That's where the cracks started to appear. Half the people sided with Pep half went the other way.The loss at Wolfsburg added Fuel to the fire and Then the 0-3 loss to Barcelona along with the comment "Messi is unstoppable!".Things had now gone beyond repair Pep would never again gain support of the FULL bayern fanbase.These 2 divisions found it hard to convince the other.Each interpreted the situation in a different way and had different reactions.Few people lost control and got personal.But in the hindsight it was inevitable because we are all humans and we react differently and the amount of reaction also varies.But yes this should have been controlled.

Now that Pep has announced his departure the bayern fanbase will come together again in support of our new coach..who started everything at first place..Ancelotti.Now its his job to bring us together again.That will be the case,at least till he loses his first UCL match.An advantage for him is that people will give him a bit of leeway in the Bundesliga so if he brings the UCL everyone will be more than happy.But for the time being I request all the Bayern fans to come together and support Pep one last time this campaign.Get back as one big family and respect each other.Let go of all the negativity since he has already announced he is leaving.He has contributed something to our history and let's honor that for the time being.And promise ourselves that we would be a bit more rational(if we hadn't been) while judging the new coach who is a proven and reputed coach and also the best out there.

As far as the moderators go yes self poilicing would be enough then but not now.This comes complementary with being a superpower in Europe and raised expectations.I acknowledge you may have been busy but then you should have made an active user of this forum as the moderator in that case to keep things under control.Many new fans would be coming in who would have high expectations and we must welcome them with open arms like we have because that's how we would grow.Over time when the stay and experience the good and bad times together they will realize the truth and accept the reality(Like I did). We must be patient with them and explain the situation to them.
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby tflags » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:02 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:They were wrong when they posted some stuff, but there have also been cases where they were attacked simply for having an unpopular opinion. As someone who has been fully behind Pep all along, I've had my share of disagreements with both, but I don't consider a different opinion to be trolling. There have been troll posts, but it hasn't been just those.

Please don't insult our intelligence. It was pretty clear you only got involved when things got out of hand. You will find plenty of polite posts - even funny ones too - asking these people to stop, nicely. And that was the very essence of trolling: asking someone politely or with due arguments to stop the repetitive negative posts and having nothing come out of it.

So please don't pretend we don't know the difference between the repetitive trolling and a regular post. I won't carry on with this discussion, I think all points of view have been expressed with their counter points as well.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby Burko » Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:29 pm

Finally. This is necessary step. =D> =D>
1974, 1975, 1976, 2001, 2013, 2017?
Burko
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Slovakia

Postby Badger » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:24 am

I, too, had stopped posting because of the atmosphere on the board. I hope the measures and encouragement MUTU has posted here will produce a better 2016, and I’ll try to get back to posting again when the season resumes later this month.

Could I offer one suggestion?

I’ll call the concept “negative spam”.

Yes, the forum wants to be seen to encourage free speech, and some level of debate, but that too has its limits. On a forum, where we are supposed to be fans of what is really a very successful club stocked with top personnel, there’s much to be thankful for and much to be positive about. Sustained negativity will usually become unpalatable to the majority of members after a short time. Perhaps the most diplomatic term for it could be “negative spam”. People should be free to state negative things like they want Pep out, Alonso is useless, etc., so that the board retains much of its free speech image, but when a member posts virtually the same negative point repeatedly there should be a cap on it. It becomes negative spam; the other members know that person’s view and aren’t persuaded by it; and further posts on the subject persuade nobody on either side to change their mind, nor do they add any useful information to the forum. So how about members, who make the same negative point about 5 times, getting a PM telling them that they have hit the spam level and they should drop the subject now? Continuing with the subject will receive a similar suspension or ban that other spammers would receive.

It is hardly necessary to add that no such measure would be in place for repeats of positive postings – unless someone is using them perversely in a provocative way. This is a fan board and we come here to enjoy Bayern and the beautiful game together in a positive and enjoyable way.

Just my 2 cents…

Happy 2016 to all – including those I’ve strongly disagreed with in 2015. I look forward to enjoying Bayern with you across the rest of the season.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby MUTU » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:48 am

^ this is already a rule. And yes, it will be enforced.

17) Constant negativity in posts is not tolerated, and persistence may result in a ban. [source]
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby zozon » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:06 pm

MUTU wrote:^ this is already a rule. And yes, it will be enforced.

17) Constant negativity in posts is not tolerated, and persistence may result in a ban. [source]

But then again, its a thin line between a freedom of opinion and that negative spam we are talking about.

I was personally attacked as a oppressor of opinions after I reacted on the same negative spam we are talking and all the people who post that "spam" respond by - It's a public forum, we have freedom of speech and bla bla... And its the same Pep hate/Pep latin transfers hate/Bayern legends defending attitude. Every single time. It makes me wanna Carlo fail heavily next season and Pep winning the treble this year, so all this HATE can stop. These are not realistic comments (although the people writing them put a sentence or two of "apparently give Pep credit where its due"), its pure negative hate that resounds through every topic. I can be the maddest man in the world when Bayern lose, but I dont come here and post a sh*tstorm of posts just for the sake of bashing someone.

I mean, that Spanish hate got so ridiculous when that #12 dude BASHED Xabi for scoring THAT goal. That was the lowest level a member on this forum can go. A Bayern "fan" not rejoicing the goal, but finding time and thread to post sh*t. And that same member of this forum just waits on Xabi to make a mistake, so he can continue the Pep/Spanish hate all over again. That is the negative spam that has to stop, not only bashing Pep as a general.
Last edited by zozon on Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pyrasur wrote:
It's shaped like a sword. Because that's how formations work. We will only be beaten if Atletico form a rock. We will beat them if they form paper tho.
zozon
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:25 pm

zozon wrote:I was personally attacked as a oppressor of opinions after I reacted on the same negative spam we are talking and all the people who post that "spam" respond by - It's a public forum, we have freedom of speech and bla bla..

The arguments would hold, if this was a democracy. But at BayernForum.com and every other forum out there, in political terms it's closer to a dictatorship which is the way things always work with a small organization.

The rule is there, and it should be followed. This rule has been enforced in the past (including bans), and will be even more enforced now.

It's one thing being negative about a certain topic and positive about others. This rule is more targeted towards those who only ever have negative things to say and constantly bring a negative vibe to the forum.

zozon wrote:I mean, that Spanish hate got so ridiculous when that #12 dude BASHED Xabi for scoring THAT goal. That was the lowest level a member on this forum can go. A Bayern "fan" not rejoicing the goal, but finding time and thread to post sh*t.

[-X [-X [-X This is getting personal and specific now. It goes against what we are trying to build here. Please don't repeat.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby zozon » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:28 pm

MUTU wrote:The arguments would hold, if this was a democracy. But at BayernForum.com and every other forum out there, in political terms it's closer to a dictatorship which is the way things always work with a small organization.

The rule is there, and it should be followed. This rule has been enforced in the past (including bans), and will be even more enforced now.

It's one thing being negative about a certain topic and positive about others. This rule is more targeted towards those who only ever have negative things to say and constantly bring a negative vibe to the forum.

My question is: will I be viewed as the forum crybaby if I come to this thread and paste quotes of that same negative spam, so you (admins/mods) can review it?
pyrasur wrote:
It's shaped like a sword. Because that's how formations work. We will only be beaten if Atletico form a rock. We will beat them if they form paper tho.
zozon
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:29 pm

zozon wrote:My question is: will I be viewed as the forum crybaby if I come to this thread and paste quotes of that same negative spam, so you (admins/mods) can review it?

There is a "report this post" functionality that should be used, not just by you but by everyone ideally. It helps moderators act quicker.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby zozon » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:30 pm

MUTU wrote:[-X [-X [-X This is getting personal and specific now. It goes against what we are trying to build here. Please don't repeat.

How can it be personal whan I wasnt the only one reacting to it? And that same bashing for Xabi from the same member every single time, even when its far from deserved? How is that against the negative spam?
pyrasur wrote:
zozon
I post all the time

PreviousNext

Return to Site Announcements