You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

New feature: Thanks for posts

Announcements for new BayernForum.com features

Re: The FC Bayern Forum

Postby shpati_L1 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:47 pm

I would like to see a "Like this post" option.
shpati_L1
2016/17 & 2012/13 Prediction Games Winner
2016/17 & 2012/13 Prediction Games Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Albania

Re: MSG for new members of this forum!

Postby Fritz Walter » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:52 pm

I think (from experience in other forums) one of the problems here is that there is no "thanks" button or at least I can't see that.another is that finding recent post and answering them is somehow difficult and inconvenient.
I don't know a lot about web designing and maybe what I just said (wrote :D ) is inevitable,so please correct me if I'm wrong.
Hoeness raus
Fritz Walter
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Element » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:11 pm

Fritz Walter wrote:I think (from experience in other forums) one of the problems here is that there is no "thanks" button or at least I can't see that.another is that finding recent post and answering them is somehow difficult and inconvenient.
I don't know a lot about web designing and maybe what I just said (wrote ) is inevitable,so please correct me if I'm wrong.

1- There is Karma , you can increase the users Karma if you like his post

2-I think this Forum is the most convenient forum in terms of posting

I hate(at least used to hate) forums , but this forum is so comfortable , this is why i became an active user here in the first (Now i cant stop)
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Fritz Walter » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:56 pm

Element wrote:
Fritz Walter wrote:I think (from experience in other forums) one of the problems here is that there is no "thanks" button or at least I can't see that.another is that finding recent post and answering them is somehow difficult and inconvenient.
I don't know a lot about web designing and maybe what I just said (wrote ) is inevitable,so please correct me if I'm wrong.

I hate(at least used to hate) forums , but this forum is so comfortable , this is why i became an active user here in the first (Now i cant stop)

Karma is good.but a button such as "like" or "thanx" encourage users to post and give users feedback.
in case of convenience I agree with you now and after surfing here for while.but I suggest showing Most recent posts in homepage.In current way,if two users post in two different topics but in same category,no one will see first post from homepage.
Hoeness raus
Fritz Walter
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby dambun » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:00 pm

Fritz Walter wrote:I think (from experience in other forums) one of the problems here is that there is no "thanks" button or at least I can't see that

Yeah.... I agree completely there is a need for a "like" or "thanks" button.... I also proposed this last year when I joined this lovely forum.... and I still think it's very important to have it, because like I said, it simply shows that how many supporters a single idea/opinion has... and that's like a mini-voting system in discussions...
(Though I don't really know why you posted this here, Arash... I think it would have been better if you posted it in the "suggestions" thread)

Element wrote:1- There is Karma , you can increase the users Karma if you like his post

Fritz Walter wrote:Karma is good.but a button such as "like" or "thanx" encourage users to post and give users feedback.

Again I agree with Arash.... Karma is a good concept, but what we propose has a different functionality....
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby MUTU » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:13 pm

Fritz Walter wrote:
Element wrote:

Karma is good.but a button such as "like" or "thanx" encourage users to post and give users feedback.
in case of convenience I agree with you now and after surfing here for while.but I suggest showing Most recent posts in homepage.In current way,if two users post in two different topics but in same category,no one will see first post from homepage.

Karma/like/thanks... ultimately it's just a name. Most importantly, they function in the same way. The karma is a bit like a reputation counter.

As for "most recent posts", there are links on the front page. You can:
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby dambun » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:59 pm

MUTU wrote:Karma/like/thanks... ultimately it's just a name. Most importantly, they function in the same way. The karma is a bit like a reputation counter.

No... they are IMO very different.... Karma, like you said, shows "reputation/popularity/validity/work-rate/a measure of quality" of a single user.... whereas what a "like" button does is to simply show how many supporters a simple post/idea has... and this is somehow very important.... because when you see a post with many "like"s, you think to yourself: "This is a nice idea which is generally accepted within a Bayern fan community".... But when you see a post (like this) by dambun, who has 19 Karma points for example, it does not say much about the validity of it's content...

In other words, If already there was a "like" button in our forum, you could have seen how much the majority of Bayernforum users like this "button addition" idea.... And you would have probably been thinking about adding it to the forum right now :mrgreen:
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby Fritz Walter » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:19 am

I think it would have been better if you posted it in the "suggestions" thread)

yes,that my mistake,I saw that topic after the post :D

Karma/like/thanks... ultimately it's just a name. Most importantly, they function in the same way. The karma is a bit like a reputation counter.

thanx for your answer MUTU,but as dumbun explained,such button heat up discussion and of course number of posts.this forum have very good potential and atmosphere but number of posts was surprising for me and I just tried to help :D
Hoeness raus
Fritz Walter
Getting the hang of it

Postby SilentStrike » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:37 am

Fritz Walter wrote:dumbun

:lol:
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Il y a tout ce que vous voulez
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby The Spyware » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:42 am

hahahahaha :lol: He will put you in the Foe list :lol:
The Spyware
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby dambun » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:09 am

SilentStrike wrote:

What's so funny buddy? :o :mrgreen:
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun

National Flag:
Iran

Postby MUTU » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:30 am

dumbun = dumb'un = dumb one :P :P

I see what you mean regarding karma as opposed to like/thanks. One is user-related and the other is post-related. The thing is that having two of them at the same time is not a good idea. Perhaps I could see if there's an update to the karma mod, recommend it or make one myself that would show the karma points that that particular thread received (since when you click on the karma button next to a post, it ties the karma to the post). This way they would be integrated :)
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Re: Official forum suggestion & support thread

Postby MUTU » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:47 am

Update: I checked the karma mod and it's abandoned with no updates since 2009. I will either have to look for a new mod (and we'd lose all of the karma stats and comments) or else if I have time I will show the karma each post received.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:29 pm

I don't know much about programming and such, but maybe it would be possible to add something like "Karma gained for this post: 'x' "?
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:55 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I don't know much about programming and such, but maybe it would be possible to add something like "Karma gained for this post: 'x' "?

This is just what I meant.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Next

Return to Site Announcements