You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

New feature: match bot

Announcements for new BayernForum.com features
 

New feature: match bot

Postby MUTU » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:26 am

I finally found some time to make an update to the forum that has long been bubbling in my mind. I have created a bot that will automatically create match threads for us. I will improve it later on, perhaps by getting some feed with the past results between the teams. If you have any ideas on what we could automatically add to the match thread post, let me know!

What it supports for now:
- club logos
- stadium name
- competition name
- neutral venue or not
- date and time of kick-off
- poll that now expires EXACTLY upon kick-off
- additional text to be written

The first posted match thread is here: bundesliga-f3/bayern-munich-vs-werder-bremen-t7439.html
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31598
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 5580 times
Been thanked: 8313 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: New feature: match bot

Postby MUTU » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:59 am

I've updated the match bot so that it now lists previous encounters between the two teams every time it opens a match thread. I have manually edited all future match threads in order to get an idea of what it will be posting. The score is also hyperlinked to the match thread :) It will list only matches which are in our fixtures calendar, i.e. all competitive and friendly matches since 9th July 2011.

Feel free to pass on any suggestions regarding formatting etc.

Oh, and sorry for the Chelsea reminder.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31598
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 5580 times
Been thanked: 8313 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: New feature: match bot

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:51 am

I came in here expecting to see something like "The match bot got a new avatar so as not to feel jealous." :lol:

This is a much better update. =D>
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31378
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8837 times
Been thanked: 7442 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: New feature: match bot

Postby AdepT » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:12 am

Great thing once again MUTU. =D>

MUTU wrote:Feel free to pass on any suggestions regarding formatting etc.

1. I guess you could show the scores for penalities in may be this way :- 1:1 (3-4 : Pens). So that the score including the ET is identifiable separately. :)
2. I guess three or four previous encounters results should be more than enough. Like in case of Dortmund, we might have around 8 matches since JUl 2011. I guess that much info is superfluous.
3. If possible, (I guess this will have to be done manually), show one more line of total matches played data as P7 W4 L1 D2. It might be too much to ask. Only a suggestion. :)

Happy to help for compilation if need be. :)
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
User avatar
AdepT
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3742
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:06 am
Location: Bangalore, India
National Flag:
India
Has thanked: 677 times
Been thanked: 745 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: New feature: match bot

Postby MUTU » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:29 am

AdepT wrote:Great thing once again MUTU. =D>

MUTU wrote:Feel free to pass on any suggestions regarding formatting etc.

1. I guess you could show the scores for penalities in may be this way :- 1:1 (3-4 : Pens). So that the score including the ET is identifiable separately. :)
2. I guess three or four previous encounters results should be more than enough. Like in case of Dortmund, we might have around 8 matches since JUl 2011. I guess that much info is superfluous.
3. If possible, (I guess this will have to be done manually), show one more line of total matches played data as P7 W4 L1 D2. It might be too much to ask. Only a suggestion. :)

Happy to help for compilation if need be. :)

1) Yes, I can do that since we store the data. I have the score at 90 mins, score at the end of extra time and score after penalties. What if the match is one-legged and is 0-0 after 90 mins, 1-1 after extra time and for example 6-5 after penalties, what would we show then? It's a bit tricky.
2) I think that's too little. I think the ideal (for me at least, since I like stats) is that if during the last 5 seasons there were more than 10 matches, then show ALL matches in the last 5 seasons. If there are less than 10 matches during the last 5 seasons, show the results of the last 10 matches, no matter how old they are (this would be particularly interesting for CL).
3) It's a bit of a problem since we don't have all data from the start of time, but only since 2011. I mean technically I can do this quite easily, but it won't be accurate.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31598
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 5580 times
Been thanked: 8313 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: New feature: match bot

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:32 am

MUTU wrote:1) Yes, I can do that since we store the data. I have the score at 90 mins, score at the end of extra time and score after penalties. What if the match is one-legged and is 0-0 after 90 mins, 1-1 after extra time and for example 6-5 after penalties, what would we show then? It's a bit tricky

Result after extra time and the result of the penalties. That's how it is usually shown. No one cares about the result after 90 minutes if it goes to penalties.

Now if the game ends in extra time, showing the result after 90 minutes is an option, although not necessary. For example: 1-1 (2-1 a.e.t)
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31378
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8837 times
Been thanked: 7442 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: New feature: match bot

Postby MUTU » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:34 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
MUTU wrote:1) Yes, I can do that since we store the data. I have the score at 90 mins, score at the end of extra time and score after penalties. What if the match is one-legged and is 0-0 after 90 mins, 1-1 after extra time and for example 6-5 after penalties, what would we show then? It's a bit tricky

Result after extra time and the result of the penalties. That's how it is usually shown. No one cares about the result after 90 minutes if it goes to penalties.

Now if the game ends in extra time, showing the result after 90 minutes is an option, although not necessary. For example: 1-1 (2-1 a.e.t)

OK, will do this.

EDIT: done, and manually changed this.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31598
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 5580 times
Been thanked: 8313 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: New feature: match bot

Postby AdepT » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:40 am

I guess you are right about 2nd point.
For first, may be add the original score and ET score. It's what is used when UEFA/FIFA show results.
1. 1:2 AET, if the game is won in ET.
2. 1:1 AET (3-4 : Pens), that is the score after 120mins(After Extra Time) and penalties separate. If it goes to pens, it is "understood" that the previous score represents the score over 120mins.
3. For friendlies with penalties just after 90mins 0r 60mins, 1:1 (3-4 :Pens).
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
User avatar
AdepT
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3742
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:06 am
Location: Bangalore, India
National Flag:
India
Has thanked: 677 times
Been thanked: 745 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: New feature: match bot

Postby MUTU » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:44 am

AdepT wrote:I guess you are right about 2nd point.
For first, may be add the original score and ET score. It's what is used when UEFA/FIFA show results.
1. 1:2 AET, if the game is won in ET.
2. 1:1 AET (3-4 : Pens), that is the score after 120mins(After Extra Time) and penalties separate. If it goes to pens, it is "understood" that the previous score represents the score over 120mins.
3. For friendlies with penalties just after 90mins 0r 60mins, 1:1 (3-4 :Pens).

OK, did this as well. Preview is once again at other-matches-f10/bayern-munich-vs-chelsea-t10252.html#p227295

@AdepT, I had also missed one of your suggestions earlier when you said "3. If possible, (I guess this will have to be done manually), show one more line of total matches played data as P7 W4 L1 D2. It might be too much to ask. Only a suggestion."

This is a bit of a problem since we don't have all data from the start of time, but only since 2011. I mean technically I can do this quite easily, but it won't be accurate.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31598
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 5580 times
Been thanked: 8313 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: New feature: match bot

Postby AdepT » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:53 am

MUTU wrote:This is a bit of a problem since we don't have all data from the start of time, but only since 2011. I mean technically I can do this quite easily, but it won't be accurate.

Well, I'll compile the data from other sites may be by tomorrow for BuLi opponents and mail it to you. For CL, after the GS draw.
I guess you could put it to use then. :)


Also, please deduct the match score aet from the pens. Show only pens score. It was 3-4 for CL final. Well, that's the followed norm usually. :)
Combined score can be left for users to add.
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
User avatar
AdepT
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3742
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:06 am
Location: Bangalore, India
National Flag:
India
Has thanked: 677 times
Been thanked: 745 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: New feature: match bot

Postby MUTU » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:00 pm

We still won't have all data since ever, unless you crawl and parse all of fussballdaten.de and get all results for bayern, bayern II, germany and germany U21 in a database :) And even then I'd need to do a lot of work to transfer them to our database, plus I'd need to mark which competitions were friendlies and which were competitive. Right now I'm going to show all matches, no matter what competition.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31598
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 5580 times
Been thanked: 8313 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: New feature: match bot

Postby AdepT » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:08 pm

MUTU wrote:We still won't have all data since ever, unless you crawl and parse all of fussballdaten.de and get all results for bayern, bayern II, germany and germany U21 in a database :) And even then I'd need to do a lot of work to transfer them to our database, plus I'd need to mark which competitions were friendlies and which were competitive. Right now I'm going to show all matches, no matter what competition.
Well, that's too much work. I was going for Buli and CL only. :) I guess we can drop this one.
You forgot to deduct the aet score from pens score which is being currently shown as that is the actual final score. Pens + aet :)
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
User avatar
AdepT
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3742
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:06 am
Location: Bangalore, India
National Flag:
India
Has thanked: 677 times
Been thanked: 745 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: New feature: match bot

Postby MoFattal » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:45 pm

Adept, stop asking :evil:
User avatar
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 11088
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:48 am
National Flag:
Lebanon
Has thanked: 2524 times
Been thanked: 2325 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: New feature: match bot

Postby AdepT » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:13 pm

MoFattal wrote:Adept, stop asking :evil:

:?
MUTU wrote:Feel free to pass on any suggestions regarding formatting etc.

:P
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
User avatar
AdepT
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3742
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:06 am
Location: Bangalore, India
National Flag:
India
Has thanked: 677 times
Been thanked: 745 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: New feature: match bot

Postby MoFattal » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:14 pm

He meant a simple suggestion, not a system overhaul ;)
User avatar
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 11088
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:48 am
National Flag:
Lebanon
Has thanked: 2524 times
Been thanked: 2325 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Next

Return to Site Announcements

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests