You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

New feature: live chat

Announcements for new BayernForum.com features

New feature: live chat

Postby MUTU » Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:14 pm

A lot of you have asked for this time and time again, and finally we are giving this a trial run. For the first time ever on BayernForum.com we will have a chat box during a match. This will be available on the first post of the Hertha vs Bayern match thread, 15 minutes before the match kicks off. Hope to see you there, and please do keep it clean!
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: New feature: live chat

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:25 pm

I think it's much better than the forum when we're online. It's much quicker than posts and it was much more active. It was like watching the game with other Bayern fans. :)

The only downside I see is for those who miss the game. I've missed a few games/halves this season and I loved checking the match threads to get as much info on our game as possible. That is not possible with the chat system.

I'm all for it though :D
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MaCk0y » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:10 pm

Wasn't at home. Missed the debut of the live chat. :(
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Cathe » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:20 am

I liked it. It's nice being able to see instant chat rather than having to reload pages when a goal is scored.
Bayern - Anime - Gaming - Takarazuka
Cathe
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Postby AvatarX » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:58 am

I have to honest. I liked the idea of chat, very much - even more than I expected.

It was more interactive than refreshing forum and as Daniel said,
FCBayernMunchen wrote: It was like watching the game with other Bayern fans.

so it will be good for "bonding" the community also.

But, it has some limitations IMHO that need to be fixed (or maybe try another chat software):

- No mobile / tablet integration. I usually use my mobile during matches cause I watch them at TV and I would like more the chat, but on mobile (either as part of tapatalk or as a separate page).
- No chat logs afterwards. There were many matches missed and it was always nice to read the emotions / posts during matches. Even if it is on a separate page than the main thread match, this is a must.
- Average layout / scrolling. Maybe this one was on me, but on Linux it wasn't that good in scrolling with both Firefox/Chrome. I've seen way better chatboxes that worked perfectly on all OS, browsers, most of them were ajax tough.. not flash. Maybe this flash thing is the problem for the mobile also.

Anyway, sorry for the kinda of harsh criticism I promise I'll work with Mutu to fix all this, either by find a solution within this software or try another...
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby lau03143 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:18 am

I think it sounds a great idea, and certainly a big plus over the other footballing forums I'm a member of.

Though, I like others use my phone while watching the games, so even in the web browser on the phone, it's not really practical!

But it's certainly a big plus if I could use it! So well done guys!
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:26 am

AvatarX wrote:- Average layout / scrolling. Maybe this one was on me, but on Linux it wasn't that good in scrolling with both Firefox/Chrome. I've seen way better chatboxes that worked perfectly on all OS, browsers, most of them were ajax tough.. not flash. Maybe this flash thing is the problem for the mobile also.

I personally had no problems with this, so like you said it could be because of Linux
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:26 pm

MaCk0y wrote:Wasn't at home. Missed the debut of the live chat. :(

+1. :cry:
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby appudds » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:58 pm

Damn. I missed it as well. When is it next?
appudds
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
India

Postby sch0ll7 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:16 pm

It was quite good...but maybe it should be like 3x bigger so we could see what was written about a minute ago.

If you have 15-20 users writing on it...it is really hard to read considering you are watching the game. + there is no history:)

it should be at least as big so you could fit in 25-30 lines:)
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby tflags » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:50 pm

One question though. Many-a-user watch the game on a delayed feed or TV channel. For them (myself included) a chat app is a huge spoiler source. There might be some alternatives; suggestions?
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby AvatarX » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:24 pm

tflags wrote:One question though. Many-a-user watch the game on a delayed feed or TV channel. For them (myself included) a chat app is a huge spoiler source. There might be some alternatives; suggestions?

That would be harsh, but even the forum posts are spoilers sometimes :)

It's hard to post something like [spoiler] GGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLL [/ spoiler] while celebrating :D

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I personally had no problems with this, so like you said it could be because of Linux

Well, I didn't have major problems (except the cpu load that usually comes with a flash app - it is not without a reason that Jobs called it CPU hog : http://gawker.com/5474900/what-steve-jobs-said-during-his-wall-street-journal-ipad-demo ), but I've seen some better responding chat apps (ajax mainly) that are not based in flash.

Also the flash thing is the major issue that it is not supported in mobiles / tablets / pads.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:05 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:It was quite good...but maybe it should be like 3x bigger so we could see what was written about a minute ago.

Did you try putting it at full screen? It shows many more posts and if you go to the top of the page you can click previous 35 to see the last 35 messages before
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby sch0ll7 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:24 pm

Mutu we should make something like LIVE MATCH /CHAT :)...someone from home should broadcast match on this forum and than connect it to live chat:)

That would be really great but probably impossible:)

I could make something so I could broadcast it from my home to this forum...and it would be only available to the users?
sch0ll7

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby sch0ll7 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:44 pm

i found this...

As you hit the record button, a semi-transparent information bar fills the bottom of your computer screen that shows a live preview of your current broadcast. It also has zoom buttons in case you want to limit the broadcast area to only a particular portion of the desktop screen.

That’s all you need to do at your end. People can visit the mogulus site and watch your live broadcast in their browser without having to download anything (see the following screenshot). Or you can embed the mogulus player into your blog and visitors can watch the live screencasts from there itself.

I could broadcast the game from my computer to a fcbayern blog...with embeded code...so all users can watch a game at our blog...

But I dont know how many users would be permited due to my connection which is not that fast...20mbit/2mbit...so only 2 mbit upload
sch0ll7

Next

Return to Site Announcements