You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Match logos

Announcements for new BayernForum.com features

Match logos

Postby MUTU » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:07 am

You may have noticed through the website or through Tapatalk but since yesterday the three logos in match threads making up either team's logo and the "vs" one chucked in between them has become one whole image instead. This is part of a five hour exercise I made in order to help the marketing side of the forum.

First off, Facebook posts containing a link to a match thread will now have the team logos as the thumbnail for the webpage. I have also applied for Twitter cards which will basically be the same thing but for Twitter (acceptance is a manual process with no guarantee).

Secondly, this image is used within the iCalendar feed to add as part of the event, though it seems Google Calendar is not yet making use of it.

Thirdly, in Tapatalk you no longer see the three logos stacked underneath each other (except for old match threads which I didn't change manually) but just one logo as you see on the Web browser.

Please report any problems you see. Thank you!
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Match logos

Postby MUTU » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:32 pm

I've implemented some caching here as well now so that your browser doesn't stay downloading a new image each time :) It is really fast now if you for example go on a match thread on page 1, click on page 2 and then back to page 1.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Return to Site Announcements